“Space and comfort in the city” 5 of 5 stars

Ascott Kuala Lumpur
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No 9 Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur 50450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #15 of 261 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Space and comfort in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed here with two of our children and found the stay to be wonderful. We chose the hotel because it was close to the city centre and attractions. The location is superb with Petronas Towers and the Conference Centre across the road. It was a short ride to the markets with our children.
The hotel has great facilities and a very good breakfast. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We would love to return and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Otago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were meeting friends in KL for a few days and chose the Ascott for their 2 bedroom apartment so that we could all stay together and catch up properly. Unfortunately, prior to our arrival the hotel called to say our 2 bed apartment was no longer available - they did however provide us with 2 one bedroom apartments on the same floor for the same price as originally quoted. In the end this worked out really well. Daily buffet breakfast was included - a good range to choose from and staff kept it well refreshed. Great views from the restaurant and pool area.

The apartments are absolutely huge with seperated bedroom and bathroom (with large shower and seperate bath, top notch toiletries), kitchen, lounge and dining room were all open plan. The small kitchen was well stocked with utensils etc for those wanting to self-cater, which we did on 3 of our 4 nights there.

Great selection of TV channels. Well cleaned and maintained property. The couch in our room was a bit dated and stained but nothing major. The apartment our friends were in was perhaps even bigger than ours and the furniture showed less signs of wear.

The hotel location is extremely convenient to Petronas Towers, KLCC, Suria Mall - within 3 minutes walk (this is a really nice mall with great range of retail outlets and Isetan food market to stock up on supplies!). We also walked back from Bukit Bintang shopping area which was only around 10-15 minutes.

Staff very helpful and friendly.

Overall we had a great stay at the Ascott and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I chose Ascott as it was close to the places I needed to go on a very short trip to KL. First impressions count and as I parked my car at the entrance, it took at least 10 mins waiting time before anyone bothered to help me with my bags and even then I had to park the car myself. This place needs at least 1 more pair of hands at the front door at peak times. Checking in was no better as the receptionist kept being interrupted during my check in by rude guests. Not an issue but she didnt ask them to wait for a few mins while she finished with me, but promptly dropped what she was doing to attend to them.
The first room was a smoking room and I had to ask them to relocate me, no problem but the 2nd room also had issues at times with smoking smells and cooking smells from, I would imagine, the other rooms ( they all had a small kitchen).
Late at night, could not find any room service menu but a call to the reception was transfered to the Level 22 Sky Lounge where I was informed the only thing they had was pizza. OK it was late 1015pm, but I thought other choices, even a sandwich might have been available.

Breakfast was ordinary but all self service. There was an issue with the water as well during my visit as it was a yellowish colour which you didnt really notice initially but it became obvious when trying to fill the sink with water.

Over service was lazy and could do with smartening up, but location was ace!

My main gripe is just the

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
AscottKL, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. As the Assistant Residence Manager of Ascott Kuala Lumpur Serviced Residence, I am truly sorry to hear that your recent stay with us fell short of your expectations.

I would really like to address your concerns personally. Please write to me via the following e mail address at vincent.wong@the-ascott.com

Your comments and observations are important to us as we always strive to provide the highest possible standard of service and facilities to all our valued guests.

Yours sincerely

Vincent Wong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was the best part of our trip to Malaysia. We stayed here from 29/10 to 1/11 in a 2 bedroom apartment (2604). The room was very nice and close to some very tourist orientated locations. The rooms were very clean and the view was good. The buffet breakfast was nice, a variety of different cuisines, not bad. Ok now for some cons ( coz a place must have cons) we asked for a balcony key from the time we arrived, 'sorry I dont have one ATM, try again later'. I asked twice a day for the three nights there and no key to access the balcony was to be seen. INTERNATIONAL CONVERTOR AHHAAH I asked for one, ok got one and asked if i could get two, 'sorry we don't have anymore left' got up to the room and it did not work so I sent my brother down to change it, they were reluctant at first but they changed it and he asked for a second one also, he got the same response however the guy pulled out a stack of 6-7 and then gave one to him. JUST SAY IT'S ONE PER RM WOULD B EASIER! the computer downstairs in the lobby is good, it would b better if u had a timer on it like 10-15 mins so that ppl aren't spending 30-45 mins on it when others want to use it.

• Stayed November 2011
Jeddah SA.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in my honeymoon, they upgrade me to a bigger studio as they said, but it was very very smelly and what ever you do it still stinks the room number was 1706 the bathroom looked awful also, overall this was disgusting experience. I don't recommend this hotel unless if your looking for a good location and close to KLCC.

Room Tip: stay away from the 17 floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would really like to address your concerns personally. Please contact me via my e mail address at vincent.wong@the-ascott.com

Yours sincerely

Vincent Wong
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

the room was great from the view of cleanliness & quietness
i liked this hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Centrally located - directly across the road from KLCC & Petronas Towers, Ascott Kuala Lumpur is by far the finest accommodation I have ever enjoyed. Not only does it offer a superb location, its apartments are spacious, well appointed and offer cable TV with ample channel selection.

The 22nd level rooftop pool and infinity jacuzzi is one of the most breathtaking apartment locations I've witnessed in my life, providing the perfect location to spend a balmy afternoon relaxing in one of the many plush recliner lounges.

Complimented by the SkyLounge, Level 22 was naturally a hive of activity throughout my stay, as was the luxurious lobby which offered free internet + PC access.

However, the superb, responsive and almost deferential customer service provided by the Ascott staff was the single biggest factor which left me (and my friends) most impressed with our 7 night stay at the Ascott Kuala Lumpur.

It's a second-to-none hotel experience I'd recommend to anyone visiting Kuala Lumpur!

Room Tip: *Rooms in the southeast corner offer direct views of KLCC & the Petronas Towers *Studio apartme...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ascott Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!