“A Great Days Touring.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 115 Activities in Kuala Lumpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours and day tours service based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Specialized in Kuala Lumpur city tour and day tours to Malacca, Cameron Highlands, National Park Taman Negara and Kuala Selangor Fireflies.
Sth Coast NSW
5 attraction reviews
“A Great Days Touring.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Malacca Tour. A full day visiting the historic port. GREAT TRIP. We went with: “WeGowithAnuar Private Day Tours.” , because of the prior recommendations on Trip Advisor. How GLAD we were. Bala our guide knew all the info about each of the sites we visited, and there were many to see. The boat cruise through the old waterways was sensational. We were allowed to enjoy the tour at our own pace. NEVER once were we hassled along, in fact we actually finished the tour ahead of schedule. Lunch was included. We thoroughly recommend this company and particularly Bala, for a magnificent day out. It is truly worth the time and is great value for the money.

Also See Hotels: Capitol Hotel -Kuala Lumpur

Belfast, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“In great hands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I booked two tours with Anuar - the KL + Batu Caves + Fireflies tour and the day-trip to Malacca. The booking process was a little bit hit and miss as I found I had to send most of my emails twice; however, I do not believe that that was Anuar's fault but rather a technical glitch based on slightly incompatible email addresses. I wasn't too worried about it given Anuar's excellent reviews on TA and they proved to be spot-on!
We did our first tour with Anuar himself who picked us up exactly on time despite the fact that our hotel was really hard to find. Anuar was very flexible in terms of the start/finish times for the tour and including a couple of extra stops I had requested. He was great company, very knowledgeable and provided us with just with the right mixture of facts and really interesting information about life in Malaysia. We absolutely loved the fireflies. We were really glad Anuar picked an operator who used quiet rowing boats rather than motorised speed-boats to navigate the river and got really close to those amazing creatures. We were absolutely disgusted with several tourists in some of the other boats (we had ours to ourselves) who tried to take flash photographs of the fireflies! 1. This is completely pointless - the photos won't come out. 2. It seriously disturbs and confuses the fireflies whose populations have already been severely decimated. I really wish the fishermen running the boat-tours would ban anybody using flash photography but I guess they just want to earn a living. Still, there won't be much of a livelihood left for them if people's stupid behaviour keeps contributing to reducing the firefly population to nothing!
Our day-trip to Malacca was with Bala. Again, despite the early hour (7.45) he was very punctual picking us up and extremely friendly, courteous and informative in his commentary all day. He had the patience of an angel when I set my heart on buying a Nonya blouse in a little shop and even assisted with the haggling! Malacca itself was a wonderful experience - especially the Baba Nonya mansion (even if we later found the one in Penang even more impressive, the tour we got at the Baba Nonya mansion in Malacca was hugely informative and entertaining and helped us navigate the one in Penang without a guide).
On both our trips we also met another one of Anuar's guides, Balan, who was doing the same tours with another couple. Balan, too, seemed like a lovely guy who appeared to be enjoying his job.
To anybody planning on hiring a private guide while in KL, go with Anuar! You'll be in wonderful hands.

Maidstone, Kent,UK
3 attraction reviews
“Kuala Lumpa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a wonderful day our from our cruise ship with Anuar. He speaks excellent English, was punctual and had a nice car. He took us exactly where we wanted to go to see the main sights - Putrajaya mosque, PETRONAS Twin towers, Batu caves, Hibiscus garden, Independence Square etc. but in addition we needed to go to a shop urgently as a vital piece of clothing had been left behind, then we wanted to go to the botanical garden - it was all no problem.
A definite recommendation for Anuar
Cynthia

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Great day out feeding monkeys and watching fireflies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

As a single traveller it's sometimes difficult to get on excursions without having to pay double. Anuar's website gave this as an option from the start and at a price that was acceptable. It was very easy to book and pay the deposit online and he answered all emails quickly. In fact he grouped me up with a very nice couple from Ukraine, so I only paid the normal rate.

He picked me up from my hotel at the agreed time and his car was comfortable and spacious. We first went to the Batu Caves, then on to feed the silver leaf monkeys at Kuala Selangor, then we had dinner at a seafood restaurant as we watched the sun set over the river and finally on to see the fireflies (not easy to photograph). He only uses people who row their boats, no motors, which makes for a very calm and peaceful experience.

We had thoroughly enjoyable and full day. Everyone got on well and Anuar was patient, good company and well informed. We never felt rushed.

6 attraction reviews
“KL day trip Feb 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked with Anuar via e-mail from Australia. All my e-mails were answered promptly and politely, and a booking deposit was organised smoothly.
Anuars' driver (Zack?) picked us up from the KL Cruise Terminal; he was holding a big sign with my name printed clearly on it and stood where we'd be sure to see him.
There were 6 adults in our party, including 3 Aussie men, and we fitted into the vehicle with plenty of room. The vehicle was clean, with working seatbelts, sealed bottles of water, and blessed AIR CON.
Our driver was really friendly and knowlegable, drove well and safely, and took us to see:
Batu Caves
Petronas Towers
Royal Selangor
Central Market
None of us had ever been to Malaysia before, and we did some bus tours later in the trip -- but going with Anuar was definitely better. It was great to only have to wait for the 6 of us, instead of a large group of strangers, and to have our driver available to speak to and be able to ask questions at any time.
I would thoroughly recommend Anuars' service to anyone visiting KL.