“Best Burger ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 2,518 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Across the Road concentrates on quality, tasty food made with fresh ingredients and alot of passion. Our food is based on traditional British pub grub but with the extra flair of elegance and flavour.We offer a formal non smoking 24 cover dining area with a pleasant ambience for all occasions. Accompanied by a well lit bar to sit and catch up with friends and colleagues or choose our outside decking area for some al-fresco light bites and drinksWe’re not just a bar...we’re the alternative!
“Best Burger ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The burger is seriously awesome and the price are reasonable. The size of the burger is perfect, the beef patty marination is out of this world and the potato wedges is finger licking good. I do not usually eat potatoes but is an exception.

My partner has their dessert and I had a taste of it. Truly authentic and sensational. Again the only dessert I ever ate are chocolate based but somehow "Across the Road" has managed to captured my taste buds.

I have to say after 3 visit the consistency is 100%.

Keep it up and see you soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The delivery has not come yet....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been to across the road a few times now. All in all, I don't get what the big deal is about the place. Everytime I have ordered, I have been told the food is not availiable as they are waiting for a delivery. I once ordered a cheese sandwich and was told they could not make it! The food is expensive, especially compared to other restuarants along the same road. Ordering a sandwich from there also will take around 30 mins for a take away. Portion sizes and recipes also change on a frequent basis. I have heard the sunday roast is worth going to.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ChristianWood, Owner at Across the Road, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I'm saddened to hear you were not 100% happy with your visits to Across the Road. Being a new outlet, we have struggled to appreciate the demand of some dishes and occasionally stock has run out. We make everything on our menu fresh onsite and if a supplier is out of stock it means we can not make it unfortunately. This has been brought to the attention of our Head Chef and everything possible to ensure this doesn't happen again is in place, although occasionally with a popular item we can not 100% guarantee this. Thank you
“I don't remember :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Crackin great time. Fantastic atmosphere. Food..YUMMMMM. You can start and end your weekend here..... Now for a hair of the dog cure :)

“Cracking burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

2 min walk from bangsar LRT and best burger ive had in KL.

Will be coming back again.

Beer is RM15 A PINT......need I say more!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We really appreciate such a nice comments, our Beef Burgers are made in house with Australian minced beef with the cheese placed inside the burger prior to cooking. Watch out for different varieties on your next visit! Thank you
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Proper Sunday dinner..... Just like Mum used to make.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Having just tried the LRT from Kl to bangsar... we found a part of bangsar that was buzzing in a local village kind of way... lots of local food places and all..... but I really fancied something English for a change.... then the sign "Across the Road" caught my eye..... we went to investigate and found this lovely bistro/bar with a magnetic welcoming attraction.... we were immediately acknowledged by the owner, Christian and after a few minutes chatting we were deciding between a full English breakfast or a full on Sunday dinner.... I saw other customers with both and I was in a dilema.... the food looked amazing.... Eventually I had the full breakfast and my wife had the roast dinner..(of which I ate most)....I can honestly say.. this is the best I have had yet in Malaysia.... This place is a must for all to visit if in kl....we have been now on several occasions and tried most dishes and all amazing... Cool tiger beer on draught and naughty cocktails makes for a great day or night out...Oh, not to forget... the bread n butter pudding is to die for.... enjoy.

• Visited June 2013