“Easy acces to explore Kuala Lumpur” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral

You added Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral to your Saves list
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No 5, Jalan Stesen Sentral | Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur 50470, Malaysia   |
Ranked #9 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Bandung, Indonesia
“Easy acces to explore Kuala Lumpur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Pros : easy to reach both Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA - and LCCT) with various transpotation mode , coach or train
easy to reach genting Highland (using bus express to Genting Highland)
easy to explore KL using Monorail line or LRT line
near tourist attractions like backfields area (little india), Petaling street (china town), Central market etc.
spacious room and nice view from rooftop pool. and near to convenience store and lot of restaurant and local food
cons: bath room ...without exhaust fan ??? or yet already install

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi 123hazet,

Thanks for your “Easy acces to explore Kuala Lumpur” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Great to read that you like the location of the hotel in the heart of KL sentral.

I have read your comments about the exhaust fan and have shared this with the maintenance team so that we can do better. Sorry we missed the mark.

Give us a-buzz on your next visit to the heart of KL sentral so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Finally found the hotel after arriving on express train from KLIA not an easy task when there is almost no signage! Hotel is very basic, I had a lovely view of an abandoned building from level 9, room was dark through out the day. Pool looked great but there were so many workers standing around watching all the guests it didn't feel right to have a swim, personally I don't like to be watched all the time. Room was OK, bed ok If not a little hard, "couch" was hard as a rock and horrible to sit on, TV was a good sized LCD but very few channels especially for a new hotel. Overall I can see what they were aiming for being a new age hotel, I guess I would be more impressed if it wasn't so expensive and I had not seen the Holiday Inn's version of a new age groovy hotel in Bangkok which was so much better and 20% cheaper.

Room Tip: Higher rooms may get more light and may get a better view other than an abandoned building
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi willrc1,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

It is our aim to delight & deliver and it looks like we missed the mark on this occasion. As a new hotel your feedback in important to us to get better. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

If I may be of service to you in the future, give us a-buzz.

Bintulu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

At first I doubted to stay here but when I saw lots of people gave them 9.0/10 rating in agoda and very positive comments in many websites, so I guess why not. And its true indeed!

The interior design is more to contemporary design and the lobby is a cool place to hang out or have a meeting. Or you can relax in their amazing pool. The room is really big and comfy and the internet was super fast especially if you are using LAN. Their shower foam and shampoo have a unique refreshing smell and I enjoy bathing with that. The staffs were friendly and attentive even their manager would like to chat with you.I love the free aloft potion with its sweet & sour taste.The breakfast was marvelous with variety of foods from local to western. I really love their mac & cheese and egg frittata.

And their top advantage is location which is really near to KL Sentral. You can come here from KLIA airport in just 28 minutes using KLIA express with 15 mins(peak hours) or 20 mins(off-peak hours) frequency.If you are in transit or come to Malaysia for a short meeting,this is a good place to stay with its easy access to airport.

I came from Borneo part of Malaysia so I had also flight to catch. I used LCCT bus where the pick up point is really near to the LG3 lift;or you can walked across the street from Aloft entrance towards KL Sentral and take elevator down to the lower level below the street.The pick up point for LCCT bus is just there. I recorded that my journey took about an hour but in my opinion its safe to estimate more than that with max of 1 hour and half.

You can use LRT or Komuter in KL Sentral to go to lots of nearby interesting places like KLCC,Mid-valley mega mall etc.You can also use Monorail to go to Berjaya Times Square,Low Yat(IT Centre) etc.And if you got something to buy, there are mini market and seven eleven in KL Sentral.Also lots of eateries and food court in there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi Siti A,

Thanks for your “Perfect for people in a rush” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like the jet set style of the hotel.

Great to read that you loved the breakfast chefs@ play-station at Nook. The truffle mac & cheese is one of our signature dishes and I am glad you liked it. Soon the KLIA express will connect terminal 1 & 2 and will give access to the heart of KL sentral within 30+ minutes.

Give us a-buzz on your next visit to KL so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Medan, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed in aloft with hubby for 1 night during transit in KL.. pretty love the concept of the hotel.. I found its unique yet stylish.. the room is spacious and very clean. the bed n bed cover really comfy and tidy.. I love the design of the bathroom too which have the wardrobe inside with seperate shower and closet.

we stayed in urban room on level 21 and have an awesome city view at night.. the inifinity pool is superb with sea salt water..

we found the staffs were really nice and helpful.. the breakfast is awesome.. many variety kind of foods.. also have dimsum and many kind of tea.. I love the one with lemongrass and ginger tea.. really nice..

bottom line.. we really enjoy and blissful for staying at this hotel. too bad we only stay for 1 night..

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi FionaK,

Thanks for your “very comfy room..really recomended!!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

aloft is different by design and its good to read that you liked the bright & bold modern space.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its great to get the feedback when we do.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo

PS-the Jing lemongrass+ginger tea is my favourite as well!
kuching
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Yet to finish our 3 nights stay but can't wait to pat the shoulder of the managements and talents of the hotel.

Wonderfully modern chic design with a touch of contemporary design . Helpful Staffs (talents)are seems to be everywhere with casually attire which blends into us seamlessly.

Great breakfast menu and mass selection of juices, fruits , coffees etc.

My kids really love the camp aloft.
Close proximity within kl sentral makes travel to klia a breeze.

Will return for more business n family stays.

Cheers mate.
Dennis (rm1210)

Stayed November 2013
Hi Denwkh,

Thanks for your “Top notch urban hotel” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The hotel talent works hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we have done so on this occasion. Great to see that you liked the bright & bold loft like style of the hotel.

Glad your kids loved the camp aloft.

Give us a buzz when you plan your next visit to the heart of KL sentral so that we can continue to a-muse you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Warmly greeted upon arrival and SPG gold was recognized with a high floor room with a Petronas view! This is the largest Aloft hotel in the world. A bit different than US Aloft hotels with a trendy roof bar, large rooftop swimming pool, a large restaurant with a solid buffet and a floor of convention/conference rooms. Excellent fitness center with many resistance machines. More of a W feel but with typical Aloft rooms. Staff is excellent and Vishay at the front desk took outstanding care of me during my stay. Housekeeping was terrific. Lack of a concierge hurts a bit as the front desk is often very busy. However, they were very helpful with assisting me in booking the KL Food Experience with Charles which I highly recommend as it starts nearby in Little India. The Aloft is right across the street from Sentral station and KLIA Express trains and check in counters. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The hotel is on the opposite side of Sentral from the Hilton and Le Meridian. Always take an umbrel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hi Coolbreezetraveller,

Thanks for your “Perfect” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to see that you liked the difference.

The hotel talent work hard to delight &deliver and its great to read that we have done so. I am happy read that that Vinash went the extra mile to deliver an A+ experience.

Hope you enjoyed your food tour of KL.

Give us a-buzz on your next trip, would be happy to share some of my own favorite dining spots.

live.life.aloft,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's the first time for me to stay at Aloft, been always a fan of Starwood hotels, usually prefer Sheraton. This time at KL, Aloft Sentral gave me a different feeling, love the saying under their brand "A vision of W hotels", truly something I was looking forward to. Being on business trip, it's definitely a pleasure to have a comfy room to relax and do my thing.

Stayed 2 nights at Urban Room with KL Skyline View, since there was a notice sticking on the window said they will have windows cleaning during the day, so I left my blinds all down for the whole trip lol

Pro:
-Free Wifi in all guest room
-Spacious bathroom, enough space for me to place my private toiletries on the table under the mirror
-Shower-gel & shampoo from Bliss, just the way to make u feel super nice
-42"HD LCD TV which carries a few satellite channels that I usually watch back at home, such as HBO & Star World
-Nice choice of breakfast in Nook
-Love the coffee jar which i can use with the grinder coffee, as I usually tired of those coffee powder provided inside the room
-2 complimentary bottled water every day, most importantly - no awkward smell
-Comfy bed, I slept like angel
-Located just right opposite to where you can take Airport express train to KLIA - "KLIA Ekspres", you literally just 28mins away from the airport! Fast & reliable...

Con:
-"High Speed"Wifi not really in high speed and sometimes it goes slow during peak hours
-No bathtub, I guess that's why it's keeping everything minimal
-Toilet is separated with a sliding door which share with the shower cubicle, a bit redundant for me as I stay alone….
-During checkin, it took about 15 minutes in total to complete the process, it was a bit slow in Asia's standard IMO.

I have been staying at some mid-market hotel brand like Park Inn, this Aloft is way better than that in terms of the service, cleanliness, and the size of room!

Keep it up Aloft, hope to see more of this brand in the globe. If I ever go to KL again, I would stay at this one again.

H TravelRuby,

Thanks for your “Comfy stay” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I was happy to read that we were able to delight & deliver. Good to see that you liked the bliss spa amenities, aloft platform bed and the location of the hotel.

I have shared your comments with regard to internet and speed of check in with the talent coaches so that we can do better.

If your travels take you back the heart of KL sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo

Been to Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral? Share your experiences!