“Boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles KL Cheras

You added Ibis Styles KL Cheras to your Saves list
Ibis Styles KL Cheras
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan C 180 1 Dataran C 180 | Cheras, Kuala Lumpur 43200, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Enjoy Return Stay Voucher
Ranked #89 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Having a boyfriend from other states simply means that we have chances of staying and trying out hotels at KL area. We have chosen Ibis Style Cheras this round because coincidentally I have something to do nearby there on the next day. Upon arrival, we were surprised to see this hotel facing old flats like it's in rural area. We proceeded to check-in, only to found out that the receptionist needed our registration form though we have already given them the booking number. My bf have to use my data in order to transfer the email to them. I mean, we've booked from your website, why can't you just retrieve it instead? It took us some hassle for the check in procedure. The room was pretty and clean, not to mention spacious.Though it mentioned wifi available on the room directory, our laptop detected none. The bathroom was clean too, just that opening the door would mean no space to walk around. Water temperature from hand shower was not persistent (temperature increase out of a sudden), hence the slight burning on skin. Buffet breakfast was good with varieties. Security was good as my room card can only gain access to my own floor and not others. Everything here has its own design and I think it is appropriate to name it a boutique hotel. But seriously, this is in the middle of nowhere. Though AEON (Jusco) and other restaurants and pubs are nearby, there was no tourist attraction and I doubt whether the location is accessible by public transport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

A good night "sleep, breakfast and out" business visit. For this reason I liked the hotel because it was very very convenient, (near to project site) food and drink you can need right on your doorstep. Possibly one of the smallest rooms I have slept in but who cares - it was clean (and convenient). The breakfast bar was perfectly reasonably (not extensively) stocked and tastefully/interestingly decorated. The tables in the cafe had a view of the C180 complex with interesting buildings opposite. This is a good functional hotel/cafe with very helpful Front Desk staff.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel if you are in "Balakong area"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I used to book hotel LE CLUB ACCOR..this is first time for me to stay in IBIS STYLES CHERAS KL,the services is very good by Receptionist (KASTURI) she is very friendly,helpful and given me more information about places to visit in KL..I stay there for 3 days upon checking out i was assisted by the staff name (NICOLE) she also very helpful and bringing my belongings to my car..i feel very appreciated and thankful to both of them for making my stay more enjoyable..thanks to IBIS STYLES CHERAS

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Is a new cozy hotel. Clean bed room with nice set up & colorful. Food serve at cafe not bad.
Surrounded with entertainment exp: karaoke, pubs & foods. AEON are nearby which is convenient.
Overall not bad for a new hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

1. nice I.D,
2. compliment to well trained staff,
3. there's a few good hang out place,
4. room are tidy and clean ,
5. average food

Overall this place has a great hang out place for business and leisure, for a sub-urban

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Frankly speaking, I used to book Le Club Accorhotel just to collect number of night and points for rebate. Mostly Accorhotel does give me a good impression only until this stay. It withdrawn almost all rapport that was built by previous stays in other brands under Accorhotel:
1. Upon arrival, the system was down (just right before my payment card was going to slot into the machine). The receptionist has jotted down my credit card details (number, card holder name, expiry date) and the CCV code behind the card! The reason was: PROCEDURE. I would not ask her to erase or do anything as she might had remembered merely the three digit. (Fortunately no fraud transaction happened so far, should I thank to myself for being lucky or the receptionist who being honest?)
2. The room cards were unable to produce due to system down, henece, she brought us to the rooms and scan the master access card so that my colleague and I can enter the room. The first room was done for my colleague but my room was unable to open by master access card. So I decided to kill my time in the lobby to wait for my actual room card without asking the receptionist to get another master access card and follow her to my doorstep and try my fate out (actually my temper instead)
3. The room has no WiFi nor wired internet connect, only in lobby (WiFi and a desktop).
4. The breakfast was barely a typical breakfast (2 carbohydrate food, egg, sausage, a type of meat, and vege. some pastries and bread, 2 type of fruits, broth with condiments, 2 type of juices, coffee and tea, milk and breakfast cereals, that's all I able to recall).
5. The biggest let down was the promise in during purchase in Le Club Accorhotel. It stated that I was purchase for a package so called 'Fly Me to Paris' and some gadget contest (just forgot about the fancy prizes, I never come across to bring anyone of them home). The condition stated a room was attached to FREE Breakfast (granted), 24 hours internet use (unless you sleep in lobby and shower in staff toilet) and MYR50 of F&B voucher (the receptionist said not applicable, upon called to Accorhotel customer careline, after a long long verification and explanation to them, they asked me to refer to the term and conditions, I read out, they are helpless and threw the question back to me and the receptionist). End up I have to write an immediate feedback and received an ackonwlegement right after few seonds, but the official reply is yet to receive at the moment I was writing this review.
6. Lastly, normally the hotel will email a link for the customer to write the review about the hotel. When I clicked the link on 9th Dec 2012, it shown Tripadvisor unable to fulfill the request until right now I have to create a new review without linked.
Afterall, there are still some pros of this hotel (only if you willing to read all six grievances above and continue reading):
1. The hotel is new. Just few months commenced. That's why I not put the blames (mostly) to staff, as they will improve in time.
2. There are plenty of shops (to be occupied and operated in future), banks and a shopping mall within walking distance.
3. Parking spaces are plenty (may be will be limited after the business park is blooming and the residence apartment is occupied)
4. The points credited after few days. It's only the promptness I can see and more pro-active than my expectation.
KL city is always accompanied with traffic jamms. So I not going to elaborate it further.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice with modern design. The view is terrible since it's in the middle of nowhere and we can only view old flats with no nice surrounding. I think this area is not suitable for hotel since it doesn't have any attractive tourist attraction nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Styles KL Cheras? Share your experiences!