1. Location: In a tiny street perpendicular to one, that is parallel to Lorong Alor, where there are many, many, many food stores selling good, cheap local food. A 5-minute walk to the malls in Bukit Bintang and a monorail station (Bukit Bintang). Very many convenience stores around. Very central location.
That said, while a good part of the immediate area has been redeveloped into hotels, restaurants, shops, etc., the remaining parts of which have not. Thus, around the hotel are some old, run-down housing units and apartments. Some of the smaller roads in the area leading to the main roads are heavily littered and trashed (and, oftentimes, funky-smelling); also, many drain covers are missing. Take a little care when walking the small alleys to the main roads.
Street noises CAN be heard from the room. If you're a light sleeper, this can be an issue. Also, in the three nights that I was there, the first night had street fogging (against mosquitos) in the middle of the night (those fogging machines ARE noisy) while the second night had major re-tarring works going on, post-midnight. The third night was cool. So, I cannot say these are regular or not; so, it's really up to you.
If you're a single male or a group of men, there will be people approaching you at any time of the day, asking if you want sexual services. Just smile, say "no" and move on. No issues.
I know some earlier reviewers have complained about the location. I am ok with it, but can see why some people would have issues with it.
2. Rooms: Nice air-con. Comfy beds. Cable TV with only 5(!) channels (all in English). No mini-fridge (no issue for me; but, for others, maybe).
Shower areas are nice for me: rain shower with hot water; spacious semi-outdoorsy-type. However, as romantic as it can potentially be, a very very high wall topped with wire mesh separates the room's shower area from the next room's . . . so, not exactly romantic.
When we first entered the room, there were mosquitoes buzzing around. We bought two aroma cans of bug repellents and left them in the room, which did the trick. Later, found out the hotel provides anyway.
3. Staff: I did not have much interaction with them but they seemed good enough in helping other guests with their needs. So, fine in this area, I suppose.
4. Amenities: None, except for excellent wi-fi. But the hotel is a re-structured building, so the rooms lead to a courtyard, which is lovely is a lovely open space. Quite cool to sit around and chill for a bit.
5. Others: I can really see the merit of earlier reviewers who either hate or love this place. As much as I like it, I can see why others cannot, for very valid reasons. Given the price of the place, I really like it for its location. as well as how interesting, unlike regular hotels the place is.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your The Yard Boutique Hotel KL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.