“Super convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of My Hotel @ KL Sentral

You added My Hotel @ KL Sentral to your Saves list
My Hotel @ KL Sentral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 51-53 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur 50470, Malaysia   |
Ranked #90 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Super convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Bottom line, this is a great place to stay as you won't be in your room alot. It is small - very small but sufficient. We had 4 suitcases so it was extra small but we managed. The bathroom is compact but you don't stay in this hotel for luxury. You stay because it is close to KL Sentral. Just be aware that there are at least 3 My Hotels in a very small area outside of KL Sentral so I thought I had booked into another one that was actually closer. That is My Hotel Sentral. My Hotel KL Sentral was around the corner and down the street. Not a big deal unless you are lugging 4 suitcases! So just be sure you book yourself into the right My Hotel.

Room Tip: Just be sure and check that your air con is working as some guests have complained that it didn'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
summerhue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

we booked for two triple rooms, one room had a defective aircon, so the other members of the group ended up using an electric fan and 'aircon'. Reservations staff was very friendly also the front desk staff (jan 28 at 4:00am), They were very considerate and accommodating. Free Wifi! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alor Setar, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

There are 3 MyHotel facilities around the area and they are all different (despite the fact that the front desk officer saying that they are all the same when I made my reservation over the phone!). This one is right opposite Hotel Sentral. RM20 deposit for keycard is collected upon check-in and it was refunded when the key card was returned during check out.

Although the room was not big, it was clean with good water pressure on the shower and WIFI connection was good as well. Air dryer was available upon request. And I like the way the room smell - that is, no cigarette smell!!! Probably because they were still new.

The room is not exactly cheap if you are staying solo or as a couple in one room, and it's more value for money when one opt for bigger room (Comparison: RM110 for twin/double room; RM120-RM150 for triple and family room).

I would come back to stay again if I have to come for business trip in KL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When I first arrive in KL Sentral area, first I must look for this hotel because the first one I look is My Hotel @ Sentral not My Hotel @ KL Sentral. It's about 5-15 minutes to reach the hotel by foot from KL Sentral Station. The hotel lobby is small. The doorman can't understand English when I try to ask direction. It take almost half an hour for the reception to serve me from the time I arrive because he take quite a long time to process the guest check in before me but quite helpful when I ask direction and some questions. The room is quite small because my room is triple room. The room and bathroom is clean, but don't expect for complete bathroom amenities and they provide iron and ironing table. The wifi signal is very low and the connection is bad and slow. The hotel location is very good, quite near to KL Sentral station and monorail, and outside the hotel there are many food stalls. Overall for me it is a quite good budget hotel but will try others first before coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Qawra, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a night transit in KL and stayed in My Hotel. The Location is ideal just few minutes away from the monorail (which will take you to Suria, Petronas towers and airport). The room was comfortable and clean. Is ok for a few nights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Hotel is few just few steps away from the monorail station. There are nearby convenience stores and shops. Very ideal for those who want to explore Kuala Lumpur since this is very accessible to all transportation. The standard room is spacious and can even accommodate a couple with a young child. This is close to sentral station which makes it convenient to go to the airport anytime of the day either via train or bus. The staff is helpful and you can request to take out free breakfast if your have very early flight the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its close location to train station (short stay with lots of city train travel) and airport shuttle bus pickup (Only 5 min walk). Its an OK hotel with friendly staff. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to My Hotel @ KL Sentral? Share your experiences!