“keep walking” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #212 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Puerto Galera, Philippines
“keep walking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Poor and unfriendly reception, i was an assistant front office manager and trust me, the hotel receptionist would be fired if he was working with me! Can't walk out cause the room was prebooked and we have eave as soon as we can!
Bathroom wasn't dirty but look cleaned like with backpacker style! Linen was awful and DON'T prebook the breakfast: the fiood in the street was cheapest and much better!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
northam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Do not stay here.We spent 3 nights at this hotel,3nights to long.For location to China Town it is very good but that is all that can be said in its favour. The first room that we got we were unable to flush the toilet & only one light worked in the room so moved to another.The hotel is very old & negelected so mutch that the second room we were
moved to, the toilet blocked up in this room as well, a very limited menu for breakfast
did not help.My wife & I travel overseas every year,have stayed in hotels all over Asia
but never any as run down & neglected as this

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I booked a deluxe room and the lady middle-aged in short hair actually lied to me and told me that it was a deluxe room, when i knew that it was a standard room. It is because I have stayed in that hotel a week ago in a standard room, My deluxe room was exactly the same as the size of the standard room i have stayed before. I heard that lady (supervisor) speaking to another junior staff that there was no more deluxe room anymore in a whispering tone. Obviously it was for her to do that. The previous time i went to check0in was around 10pm. The malay lady in white is far more polite and friendly than the middlye-aged lady supervisor. Breakfast choice was very limited. The buildings look old and it definitely requires renovations. Holes are being see here and there. In conclusion, i would advise people to check-in after 6pm, to avoid the middle age short hair malay lady supervisor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
England, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The room was absolutely disgusting. It looked like there was dried vomit on the carpet, (see uploaded photo) the sink,bath and shower were that filthy we didn't dare to use them and the naff wallpaper was covered with nicotine stains. Not only did it look like the room design hadn't been updated in a very long time, it was as if it hadn't been cleaned for ages too.

The hotel is right in the heart of Chinatown, but right opposite some noisy bars. Because there is no air con you have to have an open window, and don't expect to get any sleep until at least 3.30am because of all the noise. Also when you see a sign on the door which warns you about leaving things in your own room you begin to worry about the safety of your own personal belongings here. First thing in the morning we checked out early and to their credit, without us even asking, the woman at reception refunded us the night we paid for but were not going to stay.

This hotel is really poor value for money in a city full of good value hotels. We stayed at a budget hotel in KL less half the price of this one (£15 instead of £45) and it was 100 times cleaner, quieter and comfier - with more facilities too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I called them one day in advance and requested for a room on Friday night. They had reduced their rate from RM136 to RM115 after they got rid if their bar. Im guessing too many tourist get drunk and create havoc.

My room was ok, view was the back of Chinatown. Bed was ok, I slept well but nothing showed on the TV. It was my first time staying here. Someone said about posh lobby below and she is right. Only the lobby is posh. Rooms are very old. Lucikly for me, the curtain shower was new. And we got a bath tub. My pet peeve was the water was dirty and it was yellow-brownish. Leaking pipe somewhere?

I wish the room was brighter. Mine seemed so dark even with the lamps provided.

I paid RM 115 for one night

Breakfast was ok, I ate mini pau, noodles were bad, had some tea, pancakes and toast. Overall I would rate it 5/10. Staff wasn't rude to me. But she DOES LOOK RUDE. So beware.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bogor, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I came to malaya hotel and the staff was only one. And she was so rude to us. We ask about the room and she just answer it with yes or no only without helping. and when we ask about the payment, she told us with high tempt emotion. The room was not so good. The bed was dirty. The bathroom was terrible. The room has got no window so we felt everyday was a night. The breakfast was good enough.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed in this hotel on our way to some where else and again on the way back.

Given the amount we paid the hotel was disgusting. In our room there were stains on the wall and a lot of hair on the bed! We did not venture into the shower as it looked too disgusting and there were some windows that did not shut properly. All corridors were very dimley lit so you couldn't really see the state they were in!

The main problem we had with the hotel was the extremely rude and racist staff. On our way out they tried to overcharge us. We questionned this as we had been quoted a set price and agreed this with them. They got extremely aggressive and their various friends that were hanging round in reception also joined in. For fear of their aggression and that they might get the police if we refused to pay the extra we ended up paying. Once we had paid and were taking our suitcases out a variety of the staff and their friends in reception started screaming various insults about us being white and not welcome.

If anyone is reading this review and considering staying in this place I really really would NOT recommend it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Malaya Hotel? Share your experiences!