We stayed at the Pacific Regency for one night in May 2013. We reserved a standard room but upon arrival were upgraded to an enormous penthouse one-bedroom unit on the 32nd floor (the only things above us were the pool and restaurant).
The location was across the street from KL Tower (a communications tower with an observation deck) but was not close to much else. It's a bit of a hike (slightly uphill) from the nearest public transit station (monorail). However, the location was quiet.
The suite we had was located in an odd location...kind of at the end of a short service-type corridor between the service elevator and emergency stairs. The suite itself consisted of a large kitchen, living room, dining area in front of a window, bedroom, and large bathroom.
The decor was a bit dated and sterile (lots of beige and brown), particularly in the kitchen and living room, but everything was quite functional. The apartment really was enormous. There was tons of storage in the bathroom (closets in the bathroom...go figure), and a large tub and separate shower area.
The king-size bed was extremely comfortable...especially by Asian standards where hotel beds tend to be quite firm. The apartment had two large windows overlooking the KL Tower. Although designed to be opened, the windows seemed to be sealed shut (or opening them was more complicated than I could figure out). The one downside was that the windows were quite dirty on the outside, spoiling the view of the skyline and distant mountains.
We went up to the roof top pool one night only to discover that it closes so that the space can be used as an outdoor nightclub. So, instead of a dip in the pool, we used our complimentary drink passes and enjoyed the fresh air from high above the city. Oddly enough, the complimentary drink passes were only for non-alcoholic drinks...so after our juices, we ordered beer/wine). It's a nice space up there with ambient music and amazing views in three directions.
We also had a decent meal at the adjacent restaurant, with views in the other direction.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful at check-in. At 11pm that night, my husband went for a walk to a nearby convenience store (which wasn't very nearby as a result of the isolated location of the hotel) and on his way down the dark hill fell into a storm drain whose cover was missing. The hotel was extremely helpful and accommodating to us...coordinating transportation to the hospital (where he had to have minor surgery) and providing a wheelchair upon his return from the hospital.
When we weren't sure if we were going to need to extend our stay because of the hospitalization, they allowed us to extend our reservation for an extra night at the same rate. But when we learned he would be released from the hospital and we would be able to catch our flight, they allowed us to cancel the reservation and only charged us a late check-out fee.
If you're looking for a large space, a nice rooftop pool with great views, and a very helpful front desk/concierge staff (and can put up with slighted dated decor in the kitchen and living room) then this place will work great for you. I think it's more geared towards business-people and people staying on a long term basis. I wouldn't consider it ideal for a romantic couples getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 283 suites, stylishly decorated with its trendy yet comforting feel, complete with modern amenities. Special touches in every suite include the roomy ensuite bathroom with separate shower, 40-inch LCD screen television with selected satellite channels, complimentary wireless internet access and stunning views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. These suites are also great for longer stays in the cities as they come equipped with a kitchenette, complete with crockery and cutlery as well as a lounge area, but are also perfect for short homely stays. When night falls and it’s time to wine and dine, you don’t even have to set foot out of the building. The Pacific Regency Hotel Suites houses one of the most hip, trendy nightspots in the entire city; Luna Bar. Located on the rooftop of the 34th floor, expect an unparalleled 360˚ view of bustling Kuala Lumpur, topped off with great music, a stylish crowd, the rooftop pool and a chill, relaxed ambience. Choose to dine al-fresco, huddle up in dark comfy spots or be seated at any one of the several bars; whatever your choice, look forward to a night you’ll remember. If you’re in the mood for something spicy and tangy, stop off at the 23rd floor and dine at the Soi 23. Expect Northern Thai cuisine, bursting with exotic flavours that will tantalise your taste buds, available for lunch and dinner. If Thai food isn’t your thing, opt for their ala carte menu which offers local and Western delights, all served while you gaze out onto the KL skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Regency Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur