“Indian Galore” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Rajkot, India
“Indian Galore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel out of accident as I had my mother admitted in the Hospital KL this hotel happened to be bank opposite the HKL. Well to my surprise this is a darling of the tour operators of India and many other countries. So thereby it is always crowded which leads to rush at all places may it be Breakfast, elevators or check in and check out.

BUT I MUST CONGRATULATE the staff who inspite of the above difficulties are so very courteous and ever helpful to make us feel comfortable and at home.

Now since I went to this hotel due to a medical emergency and when I told the staff there as to why I am in this hotel they helped me a lot. Most important thing is that I was to be in hospital whole day and night so someone had to ensure that my family is comfortable in the hotel and the staff ensured that. I would really really like to thank few people.

First of all ARI ( front desk) he was MOST helpful of all. Then Suresh at the restaurant ensured that my family was being taken care off and since I had kids Suresh ensured that kids get what they like.. SARI who used to come for room cleaning, than I am forgetting the right name but I think it is RAMTULA at the front desk in the night duty.

In regards to the food if you are an Indian than this place has a wonderful Indian Cuisine. Also enjoy the discotheque they have. Plays Indian Music....

Room Tip: Take rooms on the higher floors. It is worth upgrading to the Junior Suite room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ahmedabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was a terrible experience any one can have ever. We had been allotted room no. 1814 on 18th floor and there started all.
It was haunted room, i stared getting negative energy as i entered the room. While we go to sleep toilet flushing sounds stared and even after 10 mins it continued. I called security to check from where that noise was coming at 2:30 am, security head said that this is the 18th floor so it could be the air pressure problem, then we get back to room and tried to sleep again and then it was the most horrible experience we had, continuous door slamming noise stared in my room's toilet, my wife was crying and screaming. Then i woke my cousins and we opened the connecting door of our room.
Somehow we managed to sleep whole night there were different noises door slamming, heavy material moving on the up-floor , vacuum cleaner, all these noises were coming at 3:00 am. In which hotel this kind of works are carried on late night???

You can get any good hotel for same charges this was the weirdest and horrible experience we had ever, next day i searched the web about this experience if anyone had or not?? I found one review on this site back in 2011 someone had same experience.
God bless everyone who choose this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Abuja, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Season while on a visit to Kuala Lumpur for a Sport Event.

The hotel staff is pleasant, and always ready to help. The hotel isn't very modern, but then it was comfortable.

The ambience was also beautiful.
However, I didn't enjoy the hotel food. guess am not used to such kind of meals.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

First of all i booked it thru MakeMyTrip (which is another scam business) they told me the hotel is really nice and peaceful. But when we checked in here is the series of problems occured
1. At time of check in there was no water in the room, we asked and they charged hell lot for one bottle ( i forgot the cost but it was too costly).
2. Room was really nasty as comparing to any 4 star hotel you would expect.
3. If someone talks from another room you can clearly hear it..and it is really bad.
4. The Flush Sound - it is like volcano, thunderstorm, Tsunami -- all the rooms were kept fllushing on and the roaring sound kept giving us insomnia.. we were not at able to sleep for whole night.
5. Next morning when we asked why this is? they said it is common in all hotels here so we canno;t help you can upgrade to bigger room.. for that they charged 160 Ringit (next 2 nights) extra.. it was pathetic. and no Help from the cheat makemytrip guys (just advice for you guys Read the reviews of hotel before checking in.

Only positive point was support from Executive lounge girl Sophia and One more staff i forgot the name.
I would suggest just book any other nice property in KL but not this.. I would suggest ignore KL altogether and head to Langkawi instead.

Room Tip: if you still want to take a room prefer 30th Floor and corner rooms so that you don't wake in ni...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

stayed here for couple of nights with wife and son, overall a wonderful experience, the hotel is old and a bit dated but my room had a wonderful view of petronas twin towers which looks wonderful at night. the staff is helpful. the breakfast served was wonderful spread with indian stuff. overall the experience was pleasant. it is just 5min way from sogo mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mashhad, Khorasan, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

i stayed in this hotel for 7 night in may 2013 , rooms are clean and good . Break fast was good but in compare with Legend Hotel is not better. location of hotel was not good and it's not near the city center .also you can not find any fast food branch near the hotel but you can find many traditional restaurant in the avenue in back of hotel but many of them are not clean . staffs are helpful . swimming pool is small but clean . the worth thing in this hotel is elevators because 2 of elevators are out of service for long time and in the morning you must stay for about 10 or more minutes for elevator !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel along with my parents. Initially I was very skeptical about Grand Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur whether I would get good food in this hotel which my parents would like. They really liked the Ambiance, Food and the view from the hotel from 25th floor.

Great!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view of the city which we should not miss.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!