“A jewel in the city” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
singapore
“A jewel in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

A friend who stays at the Hotel Maya on her frequent visits to Kuala Lumpur recommended this hotel to me. Before that I had never heard of it. My first impression upon arrival at the Reception was that it is very nice and I like the decor immediately.

The room which I was allocated was a huge room with a nice sofa to watch the TV and free DVDs. Everyday from 9 pm - 11 pm there is free coffee with some cookies for the guests to view the Petronas Towers all lighted up. Beautiful :-)

Breakfast is a good spread and the location is excellent as it is within walking distance from the KLCC shopping mall and one can take the LRT to Bukit Bintang for food and more shopping

Enjoyed my stay at the Maya Hotel very much

Room Tip: If you stay during the weekends choose a room away from the night clubs as revellers can be quite no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed in hotel Maya on a stopover. It really was a pleasant surprise. I think I must have been upgraded to a suite. It seemed like it was two hotel rooms that had been configured into one. It's definitely a 'design' hotel, and it would be fair to say that it's ageing a bit. It's in a great location, a fairly short walk to the Petronas Towers, and the KL Centre shopping mall. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I checked into this hotel after a terrible overnight flight from Australia to KL in a budget flight and it felt like I just stepped into a paradise. Nice decor, polite and always smiling staff. I didn't have MYR converted and wanted to convert and the front desk staff suggested to wait and go to market after it opens to get a better rate than what they offer(amazing! who does that?) The room was nice and the minibar had pretty much everything you need to refresh yourself. It even had an espresso machine with filtered coffee(not the instant coffee pouches) which impressed me, myself being a great coffee lover. I was feeling too drained out and even before I could express that, a friendly person (who introduced him to be the room butler!) appeared and brewed some coffee for me.
Nothing to say about the location and one thing I must add, if you stay at Maya, you must enjoy the Sky Lounge after dinner for a drink and get mesmerized by the view of the twin towers just right in front of you. Nothing can beat it mate, trust me.
If only thing I have to criticize, the my room had an old CRT television, which really doesn't go with the decors and the presentation of the room. But really, who cares about a TV when you get 100 out of 100 from everything else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are looking for consistently good friendly customer service this probably isn't the place for you! Maya hotel has a great location for access to inner city KL , shopping and good transport links. It looks pretty, but is tired and its somewhat faded glamour could do with a facelift. Generally clean , with large bathrooms and fab views of the twin towers, it still didn't work for me and I won't be going back!
If you just want one or two nights for a quick stopover, it might suit, , but if you have a longer stay and want room service, relaxation and a sense of being looked after....there are plenty of other hotels in KL that can compete with more oomph for your money.
Having arrived after a tedious long haul, I was greeted with minimum warmth and a lengthy check in process. My room was clean but shabby in part, with an excellent view of the towers and a nice spacious bathroom. If there were two of you for any length of time, I'd say the room was a tad tight.
Ordering room service proved a challenge when you are knackered and have an itinerary to keep too...at one time I waited over an hour for an ice bucket and jug of cold milk and they still got it wrong , suggesting I chill the hot milk mistakenly brought for my tea in the ice bucket!!
Upon arrival, I took a nap and woke bitten badly with large welt on my thigh...eeeek! I spoke to reception and they seemed pretty blasé about it all...and this was consistently the response I got until I had to really emphasise that I want happy about this and wanted another room, ...they moved me to a larger room which was lovely, but no one offered to help me and in the process my osprey make up bag got left behind and despite reporting this four times, never showed and was eventually told it must have been thrown out by mistake....hhhmmmm. Not happy!
I did receive a complimentary ride to the airport as some compensation, ( at my request) but as any girl knows, what value is contained within those small four walls is worth a lot more than a taxi ride! In the end I just resolved myself to give up on this place, ate out ( local food court on 2 nd floor of KLCC good ; NZ curry house down not so hot) and took use of the pool to soothe away my frustration with the strong bubbling jets!
I don't think its staff fault that their quality of service is so lacksadasical and inconsistent... It's an management issue of not investing in up- skilling staff understanding of travelling customers needs. In a city with loads of lovey hotels to stay in, hotel Maya will have to up their game to get my recommendation for anything other than a quick and convenient stay....just don't order in!!
One tip for foodies visiting KL...Sao Nam, Vietnamese restaurant in Bikit Bitang...sooo worth a visit , try the mangosteen prawn salad if in season....delicious.

Room Tip: Tower side has fantastic view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Modern but needs a refresh. It's certainly a different type of hotel with a Eco and green energy focus. Views from room facing the Petronas twin towers are spectacular. KLCC is just across the street.

Service is top tier and the front desk staff exhibits a high level of customer service.

I booked at the Maya on recommendations from several local architects which found the hotel artistically different. Certainty will return for my next stay.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I have high expectation when i hv to stay in hotel. I will like to say the things i like and doesnt like. But overall maya is very good. I mean with good location near klcc tower. And good price. Good bfast. Also i love the bathroom! Keep it up maya! <3 <3 RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed May 2013
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights. We found the rooms comfortable and generally well appointed.

Easy walk to Petronis Towers, shopping mall and train.

Staff generally helpful and friendly. Enjoyed swims in the pool. Great way to relax and unwind.

Overall a good hotel that is value for money.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!