“Worse Hotel ever Stay...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Soleil

You added Hotel Soleil to your Saves list
Hotel Soleil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-A Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur 50200, Malaysia (Formerly Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur)   |
Ranked #179 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
“Worse Hotel ever Stay...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Book a Superior Room.

The hotel condition looks nice from outside but ..... the story begin when I'm just inside my room, I wearing only my boxer siting on the carpet to tidy my lugage.. surprisingly I started to scratch my feet and my hands.. like sumting biting me..

My first impression was maybe I havent taken my bath.. so I went to take my bath and after a clean clear hot shower... again I wear my boxer and sit on the floor again for tidying my lugage.. surprisingly.. the itches return again... scare for some bugs.. I'm quickly move to my bed and even didnt use the blanket to cover my body as I felts the bugs like crawling under the bed sheet... I'm really cant stay any longer so force to sleep.

Breakfast - The hotel restaurant too small.. I have to queue up more than 20 mnutes and finally GIVE UP and went to nearby 7-eleven for Gardenia bread.

bathroom - The bathtub a little bit old and almost like cracking when I step in... there are HOLE under the bathtub area....

Room Tip: The room good for having "fun" only.. Good place to stay if you want to stay at Bukit Bin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
서울, 대한민국
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

very dirty, bad smell, very noisy and wifi conneted only lobby(has no table and chairs)
Only good thing is the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

One of the things that I didn't like about this hotel was when there was a power shortage in rooms for more than 6 hours. I NEVER quite expected that to happen given that hotels located in prime areas such as that of Radius should normally have generators or back ups. The rooms are rather small, equipped with just average amenities. I also remember the staff members at the reception failing to wake us up, causing some major transportation problems one day - we stayed there during a competition in KL, and there are obviously schedules we need to follow strictly.

What are those that I liked? I like the ambiance of its public areas. The lobby is to be loved with its great lighting and cleanliness - I guess it's the only genuinely "grand" part of the hotel. The food in the hotel are above average, and the waiters in the dining hall are quick to respond for requests. Neighborhood is awesome and safe to the extent that I can walk around without any fear even at past midnight. It's walking distance to the KL Tower, BB Plaza, the bright Jalan Alor, even to KLCC if one has no problems walking.

It should have been a good stay overall if not for the bad things that we experienced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
malmö
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I understand some of the critical commentaries I read. But again you get what you pay for. It is a three star hotel and nothing more.
The windows hadn´t been cleaned from outside probably in ages beacuse they were green of mold. That was unpleasant and cemented our negative impression of the room. The bathroom was also nothing to brag about. The worst thing about the rooms was though paperthin walls. It was impossble to sleep unless your neighbours went to sleep first. on Both nights but especially on the first one Indian nationals in the room beside had a party in their room untill probably 2 or 3 a.m. The breakfast was another horrid experience. It was lousy!!!!! You din´t get any cheese only melt butter and white bread and some scrumbled egg of the questionable smell.
The pool was great and the best feature of this old hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

In terms of locations it can't be better than this , just beside the most happening place in KL. 50 meter away Japan alor!! If you want taste the best street of KL then this is the right place with very reasonable price! BB plaza , lowyat plaza is just 5 min walking distance!!

Hotel is very good!! Breakfast is very nice compre to the price!! If you book it online then breakfast is only $3 per person !!
Only one draw back is that the walls are surprisingly thin you can listen to other rooms if they are loud !!

• Stayed October 2011
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

There are many great hotels in Asia. The Radius however is not one of those. Just like Internet dating one needs to be wary of the photos posted. Sadly I was not and paid the price. My respect though to the hotel photographer. "You sir have a great talent turning sows ears to silk purses with your lens and creative skills which have you marked for higher places I am sure."

Travel always offers new experiences. The Radius allowed me one when I found I had booked a smoking room but could "upgrade" to non smoking for an extra $30.00. It's also not often I stay in a hotel whose bathroom is not only smaller but far dirtier than my own. Again the Radius came through here.

Which is not to say this hotel does not have some redeeming features. If you like your hotel to have its own brothel running out of the sixth floor or entered via the fifth floor spa you will not be disappointed. Or perhaps you prefer the lobby level bar to in fact be a Chinese escort agency where the singers leave with the clients who beckon them from the stage. Again the Radius is your place. Finally if you are missing cockroaches the Radius can and does supply them.

Does Trip Advisor allow for negative ratings? If so the Radius succeeds. Avoid!

Stayed August 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

At night the view is great. We stayed twice and had different rooms one facing the KL tower and the other facing the petronas towers. The kids loved it. But during the day you can see that it's not the best neighborhood: people outside the hotel through stuff out there windows and that covers the other houses.
The malls are near and a few streets next to the hotel there's a hawkers market/street. You can find great Chinese food for almost no money. There's a 7 eleven just outside the door for your snacks.
The people from the tour company "golden..." are super nice and one of the cheapest you can find. We drove all the way to the perentians with them and they brought us back from Kuatan.
In the hotel the staff is over worked and at times can be a bit rude and even pushy. On the first stay at check out they tried to make me pay for one breakfast for my three year old son, which doesn't need to pay. After asking why I had to pay for one breakfast even though we had stayed three days and after 15 min. of telephone calls from reception to the restaurant.
But the worst was when I ordered room service on the second stay: 1 sirloin steak with pepper sauce and mas potatoes, which I had to pay right then and there in cash. After the servant went away I was amazed to find a entrecote with a sauce and fries under the platter (which isn't even on the menu). I didn't wan't to make a big fuss so I was going to eat it but with the first bite I knew it was rotten. I spat it out and called room service again and told them what the problem was. I decided to take something else but with the same price. Room service had the nerve to send me a other bill?! Sorry, but normally the hotel is so ashamed that they give you the whole meal for free.
I barked down the telephone again and the servant left while hearing my rage.
Moral: check your bills here, sleep here, have a swim but try to eat outside the hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Soleil? Share your experiences!