“very disappointed with service and room itself” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur

You added Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Walter Grenier, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia (Formerly Coronade Hotel)   |
Ranked #122 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
“very disappointed with service and room itself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

It is my first time to experienced this kind of service and untidy room for a 4-star hotel. The way I look the hotel it is only 2-3 star type only because of not comfortable inside because the toilet, linen & carpet looks untidy. The worst case happened was the reception gave us the key of the room, then when we enter our room it is still occupied by other guest and it is very untidy. I went down at the reception to complained. The receptionist just changed the key card number without saying "sorry" for what happen. How terrible is that receptionist. The only great in the hotel is the security. I dont want to book again with this hotel.

Stayed August 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Stayed on business for over a week and extended because it was comfortable and friendly. It was NOT 5* but made no claim to be. Room service fast and friendly, laundry good and cheap, breakfast included was fine with lots of good coffee, juices, bakery and hot food etc.
Room (premium room) was clean and comfortable and always made up early in the morning - no coming back to an unmade bed at 3pm! Free internet with password renewed daily - it worked but maybe a bit slow.
No alcohol served but lots of eating and drinking venues starting at 50 metres and just going on and on into Bukit bintang. Monorail station next door.
Very few complaints - staff freindly and helpful. A lot wearing 'trainee' badges but themade an effort to be pleasant and helpful. For a business traveller on a self-employed budget this is fine!

• Liked — central
  • Disliked — mostly good - no hassles
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Stayed at the hotel during the weekend trip to KL. Selected the hotel due to its convenient location.

Had some problems with the valet after we checked out. Literally, waited for 30 minutes to get the car as the conceige commented that they couldn't find the valet parking guys.

checking in was ok. quite fast. Room is so-so only. The furniture looks old. Everything looks old to me.

The location is fantastic. Guess that s the reasons why people are still staying there.

• Liked — Location of the hotel
  • Disliked — The valet took a long time
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Liill red dot - Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

The last time I stayed at this hotel was several years back when it was still called Fairways and I recalled it to be quite good. However, I was really disappointed with the hotel this round. Despite indicating all my details and preference on the online booking form, nothing was done about it. When I arrived at close to 12 midnight with 4 of my family members, we were made to wait at the lobby while the counter staff, who could barely maintain a conversation in English, checked thru the room availability. We were tired and just in need of a room ASAP.

There were altogether 5 guests and we had SPECIFICALLY requested for an additional bed in one of the rooms. That was not done. When we requested for an additional bottle of water, set of towel etc, the staff had the audacity to say that there were only 2 beds in the room and questioned why we needed 3 sets of things. :( This was despite us telling them we were still WAITING for the additional bed to be set up. This is already past mid night.

The bathroom basin was leaky and the water from the basin flowed all the day to the door of the bathroom. It was a real hazard as I had my elderly mother with me and she could have slipped and fallen down on the wet marble floor. As we were so tired and in need of rest, we did not request for a room change. We made do by sticking towels on the floor to absorb the water. Also, it would be futile to speak to the counter staff that can barely speak english. It was frustrating.

On the 3rd and last night of stay, the air con started drippingreal bad. We had to place the dustbin under the aircon to collect the water. The loud dripping noise made it impossible to sleep.

Overall, I am very dissatisfied with the room stay despite paying good money of RM300 per room per night and WILL NOT stay at the Coronade ever again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Karachi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

Coronade Hotel is excellent budget hotel at great location most of the shopping area are in surroundings like times square, lot 10, bukit bintang street, such lovely location. Hotel service is also good. I do not have any about any hotel food.

• Liked — Very Active Location.
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

I had good memories about my stay at this hotel a few years back. Imagine my disappointmnent when we arrived at the hotel to find that no door man arrived to help carry our luggage. When I asked the security guard where the concierge counter was, the guard was too busy playing with his mobile to answer me - he just turned his head in the direction of the counter. Not a good start. We requested connecting rooms and did not get them. Got side-by-side rooms but no connection. One of the rooms stank of cigarette smoke and the air-conditioning wasn't working. The occupancy was high so we couldn't get other rooms. Generally, the rooms needed refurbishment. Furniture etc weren't too old but could do with an update. The biggest let down was the view - our rooms looked out to a construction site next door. The site was so close to our windows that cement was splattered on our windows. Fortunately it was a public holiday long weekend that not much work was going on at the site. Only plus for this hotel is the location - right in the golden triangle. But there are lots of other hotels in the area too!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

My sister called the hotel directly and made 8 reservations for checking on December 30 for 4 nights stay.
When she made the reservations over the phone, she was not told there would be a noise from the construction building next door.
When my family and I showed up around 1pm on December 30, none of the rooms were ready , we understood as check in is at 3pm- so we dropped our bags and went to eat/shopping instead. When we came back to the hotel (approximately 3pm) we were told that none of five rooms were ready and asked us to give the front office another hour. We were OK with that, but comes 5pm only 2 rooms were available?? I understand the front desk and housekeeping are doing their best to accommodate all requests, but how much time do they need to clean the rooms?Wouldn't be nice if a drink coupon was offered while waiting?? The hotel did nothing and made us wait in the lobby ! Enough about this nonesense I thought!
My husband and I were going to stay at other hotel, but due to new years celebration, all hotels in KL were fully booked, we had no choice than to stay in this hotel. The second thing we were not told about the 'possibility of the noise from the construction building next door' nor a letter from the GM. We didn't know anything about this until wil we checked in to our rooms and that's close to 5pm. When we opened the curtains, the view was the construction building and it's noisy!
When we called the front desk, we were told they would stop working at 10pm, but I was wrong. They kept working all night and I didn't get any sleep the first night.
We complained the next morning and asked a better room which they did finally- a higher floor room-
My suggestion about the noise is to let the guest(s) know ahead of time and let us decide whether we wanted to stay there or not. Or better don't sell certain area/rooms that might impact the noise from the construction building next door.
Apart from the costumer service and noise, I think the bellman are great, room service is excellet!
The location is great, but please work on the costumer service and how to make your clients happy!

• Liked — Location is awesome!
  • Disliked — NOISY!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!