“Reasonably priced, good hotel for business and leisure” 5 of 5 stars

Free Spa for 50 Bookings
Ranked #29 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Reasonably priced, good hotel for business and leisure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

The hotel is reasonably located near a monorail station and about 10 mins to KLCC and Bukit Bintang which are the most happening spots in KL. The lane adjacent to the hotel has a few good restaurants too.

The hotel is well made, and clean, the breakfast spread was good and as per standards of a 5 star hotel. The concierge service was amazing, the lady at the concierge helped with my bus tickets booking, right from calling the agency to sending them an sms to confirm the booking.

The room was big and well appointed, though wish that the bathroom was better appointed. The flush wasn't the best. Also, my major complaint is that when the room was handed over to me, the hotel staff didn't ensure that the alarm set by the previous occupant was reset and hence I was awakened the next morning not by my alarm but the bedside alarm provided by the hotel. Thankfully it wasn't an unearthly hour.

All in all, a good hotel which I got at a decent price, nicely located, not in the middle of a noisy district, but not far either. Big sized rooms, good breakfast spread, good buffet lunch spreads, especially the high tea on Saturdays.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

If you want to experience a very nice hotell in KL, this is it!
Big rooms, view over twin towers, walk in closet.
Good service, 1 min away from a sky train station.
Nice pool!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The Sheraton Kuala Lumpur has an excellent price for what's offered. The room was very nice -we had the city view- and spacious.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast buffet was simply great, definately the best we had on our Malaysia trip (other hotels visited e.g. The Andaman and Rebak Island Resort on Langkawi). There is a choice of freshly cut fruit, waffles, pancakes, freshly made soups, european style food as well as indian, malysian, american and quite a bit more. If you're on vacation, take your time for breakfast!

We did not try the bar of the Sheraton, but went to the Traders hotel, which is due to it's well known pool bar also a great place to visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

my mom and I stayed at Sheraton Imperial KL from Mar 31 to Apr 3 '10. booked the twin-tower view deluxe room and it was splendid. from the moment we arrived at the hotel, greeted by the door man and the security guy and the reception was amazing as well. took me 5 minutes to check in even though there were quite few number of guests. forgot the room number [silly me] but I remembered it was around 21/22nd floor.

the room was definitely amazing. being a Starwood member, I think I got priority having the best room ever with the view of Petronas twin tower and KL tower in front of my own eyes. room was huge, big king size bed with beautiful Malaysian decor which could be seen in every part of the room. it was indeed big for both my Mom and I. there is separate closet for us to hang our clothes and laundry, tray for us to put on luggages and safety box. best of all it has comfortable sofa with small pillows and working table which I used nearly entire night to browse the internet since I brought my laptop with me. wireless LAN was a bit expensive around RM 250ish for 3 nights but the speed was super fast. the hotel also put on small token like the famous durian chocolates which I'm craving right now and fresh fruits. there were 4 free water bottle every day given by the housekeeping. bathroom was huge as well with separate shower and bath tub.

moving on to the services and facilities inside the hotel, we tried breakfast once and it was just average standard of hotel's breakfast. also tried the swimming pool once and I loved it. it was great for a quick lap and relaxation consider we always came back exhausted after a full one day shopping and sight seeing. never try the fitness center though, we did not really notice it. hehe. ordered room service also and it was delicious but not too grand. service was fast, took no longer than 20 minutes before our meals came. staff at the lobby was very helpful too. my Mom had a bit of problem with her eyes and she asked whether there's a clinic near the hotel. without further talk, we were escorted to the hotel's own clinic located at the back of the lobby [you need your room card to access the door] and problem was solved. people at the concierge and taxi stand were helpful as well, asking and greeting us all the time. check out was also fast, no problem at all.

overall, it was a very pleasant and wonderful stay at Sheraton Imperial KL. location was a bit off Bukit Bintang and KLCC but there is a monorail station in front of the hotel [Medan Tuanku] and nearby 5 minutes walk LRT underground station [Dang Wangi] so getting anywhere around town won't be a problem to you. taxis are always available in front of the hotel. no need to worry bout food and drinks as cafe, pub, restaurants are located behind the hotel. this hotel suits for those who likes good 5 star hotel that offers a nice relax ambiance without having to worry of loud and busy environment.

will stay here again next time!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

From the moment we walked in the door the service was just amazing. A welcome drink during check-in and multiple people come running to take your bags. Check-in was quick and we were taken right to our room. Located right off the subway, and adjacent to many clubs and restaurants it's three stops up to the main shopping district, and two stops to the KL City Center.

Recently renovated pool was a welcome distraction to the warm KL temperature. Spa and gym services were great. We stayed in a club room, and the SPG Club served a great breakfast and had snacks and drinks available all day.

Thanks for a great stay. I will return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

Normally I would stay at the Manadarin Oriental or The Hilton but due to them both being fully booked my company booked me into a Club room in the Sheraton Imperial.

First impressions are great, check in was a breeze, and unlike the previous review found that staff to be excellent.

All in all we found the staff to be extremely courteous and friendly throughout the hotel, especially in the club lounge and in essence where we chose to eat breakfast.

I must comment, on what can only be described, as one of the best breakfast buffet's I have experienced, in my travelling time. The selection was fantastic, definately not to be missed.

We didnt have the chance to use the leisure facilities etc but on the face of things they looked extremely adequate.

Our rooms were of a good standard but unfortunately not 5 star! The decor seems quite dated and certainly not in keeping with 2010.

My major gripe was with the club lounge. Oh dear, this is so 1970's. The whole ambience of this place is very dated and totally uninspiring. On this ocassion I have to completely agree with the previous review and conclude that the nibbles offered are quite paltry but even worst is the poor selection of beverages on offer. Once again, like the previous review, where do the unbranded spirits in cheap decanters come from? From my experience, it is not normal to serve guests with such a mediocre range of beverages in what touts itself as one of "thee hotels" in KL. The staff in the lounge are the only favourable point. Come on guys, stop playing at the lounge experience and visit some of your competition to see how it should be done!

All in all a reasonable stay helped by the friendly staff but certainly not enhanced by the "executive experience".

Should be better!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Having stayed here for 5 weeks due to work, I must say this is a pretty nice hotel, with great room rates as well.
The rooms are nicely decorated, with flat screen TV, a walk in closet and a very nice bathroom. The bed is extremely comfortable as well. Small problems in the room include problems with the LAN cable internet connection which the staff never managed to fix, and the super slow wireless internet provided as an alternative.
Room service food quality is of fairly good standard. The essence restaurant serves buffet breakfast and lunch daily , and I must say it get a bit boring when you go there everyday—the dishes hardly ever change, but the satay (chicken in particular) is one of the best I’ve tried in KL. Same dishes everyday but of good quality.
The gym has very modern facilities, with wireless headphones for use on running and cycling machines, but perhaps the gym lacks a variety of weights machines.
I’ve tried the Spa but it is rather average, I would recommend looking elsewhere for massages.

All in all a very nice and comfortable hotel to stay at, but there are just some teething problems that doesn’t quite make it the best in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel? Share your experiences!