“Excellent experience at Kuala Lumpur” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur 50250, Malaysia   |
Ranked #22 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent experience at Kuala Lumpur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

it was an excellent experience at sheraton, i was on a leisure trip with my patner.
All my request were attended to beyond expectation
the conceirge , the reception was fantastic
The pavillion lounge actually stands out in review as my experience there was beyond any words of description,Mr.Puah Ng Kit needs a special mention since he really attended to me with a personal touch.
Sure i will recommend and i will stay there if i go there ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear sumanth kumar g and partner in Singapore,
Your excellent experience and all your wonderful comments are only possible due to the outstanding service of my team at the Concierge, Front Office and namely Kit at our Pavilllion Bar. Great that we managed to become your favorite hotel in KL and we all look forward to welcome you again.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the travel community on tripadvisor and your ultimate rating of 5 stars.
See you again in KL at Sheraton Imperial,
Best regards
Stephan Sieberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

So I was there to attend a training session from 1st - 4th April 2014. After ending my training on my first day
as I was about to walk out from the hotel, it was raining cats & dogs. This did not stop from a gentleman or
in asian customary I would address him as Uncle Tasa Odin to mention his name. He was very smiley and anticipative.
Even tho I was there only for a meeting however I did not at once felt as if I was treated differently.

He asked me where I was heading and so I replied, the monorail station. He without further ado, went inside
grabbed an umbrella and told me "Hurry hurry or you will miss the next train.."
His gesture and helpfulness really touched me and he made my day, although it might have sounded like a simple
gesture but hey lets face the reality..you don't come across many people as helpful as this guy.

Heads up to Uncle Tasa and you are my hero and with that I salute you..awesome work and keep up the momentum.
Cheers!! =)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear DavidNigelKoh,
It is with great pleasure to read the very personal story and connection to our associate "Uncle" and I am impressed that he managed to leave an ever lasting impression to you and you will always remember your stay at the Sheraton Imperial. This story really verifies that people are making hotels alive and make the difference.
Thank you for taking the time to share this story via tripadvisor and we are convinced you enjoyed the training the first days of April in KL.
best regards and "Uncle" waits for your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a grand hotel with beautiful infrastructure: huge ceilings reaching over multiple floors, interesting mezzanine levels with a bar and restaurants on different levels, interesting water features. Everything is granite and rich wood. Beautiful interior infrastructure with friendly staff. It is a shame that the interior looks old and tired. This place has amazing potential though. It would not take much to make this a phenomenal facility with renovations and attention to detail. The rooms are spacious, bathrooms huge, granite throughout. The bed was comfortable, the furniture looked dirty and old. Attention to detail is missing. There were no coffee supplies in my room (only one sugar packet), and I was bothered by the fact someone used pink caulk in an amber colored granite bathroom. The gym is large with lots of equipment, a stretching area and an attentive staff. The spa was nice although too noisy for a spa. Breakfast at Essence is included in the stay. Huge buffet style with multiple stations to include, asian, indian, european foods. Also a fresh juice bar is available. Very nicely done as there is something for everyone. The bar offered "wines of the world" with some nice selections one could order by the glass and their bar food menu is very good.

Room Tip: The corner rooms facing the towers are superb.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear explore121 in Florida,
Thank you very much for this detailed feedback and we assure you our utmost attention to the details you mentioned and would like to thank you for the compliments in regards to our facilities. several projects and improvements are underway and we are constantly striving to improve product and services.
Very nice that you experienced our culinary offers with the Asian and European foods in our Essence Restaurant and at the Pavillion bar.
best regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review as I am sitting in the lounge at the Sheraton. This was a business trip for my husband and a leisure trip for myself. The concierge was very helpful with assisting us with transportation to various attractions and shopping malls. Our room overlooked the Petronius towers and was very clean. I was impressed with the quality assurance for the cleaning of the rooms, as on 3 separate occasions, I witnessed the housekeeping supervisor verifying that our room was cleaned. I enjoyed several massages and other services at the Mandarin spa and highly recommend it. Breakfast at the Essence was great with so much to choose from. Only disadvantage is that it is a bit far from the shopping malls and I don't like to take a shuttle at the designated times but again the concierge was very helpful with assisting me to get a taxi.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear louisegrn and husband,
Excellent feedback and we all are proud that the entire team managed to make this combined leisure and business trip a memorable one for you and your husband. Thank you for your immediate response even still being on site and all the compliments which I definitely will share especially with our concierge, housekeeping and Mandara Spa team.
Hopefully you will be able top join your husband on his next business trip to KL again and Sheraton Imperial will be your hotel of choice.
Best regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a very nice 9 days staying here with some friends in late March 2014.
Hotel staff were always helpful and would bend over backwards to help you.
Clean rooms with more than all you need for your stay. Food was awesome and the poole area is lovely to soak up the rays.
All round a very nice hotel if you can afford it.
The monorail station is right outside the door and taxis are easy to get from right outside also. The staff will get you a taxi but be aware that they will get you a blue taxi which are a good whack more expensive than the red ones that you can flag down on the road with no hassle at all.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which is like an apartment. Lots of room with two toilets and double shower he...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bigal6660 and friends,
What a lovely review and we appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback in regards to your 9 days stay at our hotel. Thanks for the very high rating of 5 stars and all your compliments in regards to our helpful staff.
It has been a pleasure to be your host and we send our best regards
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. We had on this occasion had booked club room access, which was excellent. We were disappointed however that on our arrival at 15.30 our room was not available as the previous guest obtained a late check out. It was fortunate that we did have club access as we were able to wait their for the full two hours till our room was ready.

I was pleased that on my wife's request we had been upgraded for my stay which covered my land mark birthday celebration, to a suite.

The facilities and club room were excellent as were all the staff from the porters to the bar manager at the lounge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear mickey64,
I still would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday and we are glad that you and your wife enjoyed the time on our Sheraton Club floor. Sincere apologies that caused by high occupancy and late check out requests you needed to wait for your room upon arrival but as we read you were very satisfied with our facilities and excellent services.
Thank you very much that you decided to enjoy your birthday at the Sheraton Imperial and we hope to welcome you back.
best regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very good standard Sheraton in good central position within KL. Excellent standard rooms. Service largely outstanding throughout hotel with really friendly front desk staff, although service in business facilities doesn't quite match. Restaurant had an impressive range of options catering for all tastes, even had 4 different types of gluten-free bread!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kopel,
With great pleasure we received your feedback and ultimate rating of 5 stars and would like to thank you for all the nice words and compliments. I will definitely forward your feedback to our food & beverage team and happy to hear that we impressed you with the wide range and variety including 4 types of gluten free bread in our Essence Restaurant.
If business will bring you back from Manchester to KL we would be thrilled to be your host again.
Greetings from KL and best regards
Stephan Sieberg

Been to Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel? Share your experiences!