“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review as I am sitting in the lounge at the Sheraton. This was a business trip for my husband and a leisure trip for myself. The concierge was very helpful with assisting us with transportation to various attractions and shopping malls. Our room overlooked the Petronius towers and was very clean. I was impressed with the quality assurance for the cleaning of the rooms, as on 3 separate occasions, I witnessed the housekeeping supervisor verifying that our room was cleaned. I enjoyed several massages and other services at the Mandarin spa and highly recommend it. Breakfast at the Essence was great with so much to choose from. Only disadvantage is that it is a bit far from the shopping malls and I don't like to take a shuttle at the designated times but again the concierge was very helpful with assisting me to get a taxi.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear louisegrn and husband,
Excellent feedback and we all are proud that the entire team managed to make this combined leisure and business trip a memorable one for you and your husband. Thank you for your immediate response even still being on site and all the compliments which I definitely will share especially with our concierge, housekeeping and Mandara Spa team.
Hopefully you will be able top join your husband on his next business trip to KL again and Sheraton Imperial will be your hotel of choice.
Best regards
Stephan Sieberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a very nice 9 days staying here with some friends in late March 2014.
Hotel staff were always helpful and would bend over backwards to help you.
Clean rooms with more than all you need for your stay. Food was awesome and the poole area is lovely to soak up the rays.
All round a very nice hotel if you can afford it.
The monorail station is right outside the door and taxis are easy to get from right outside also. The staff will get you a taxi but be aware that they will get you a blue taxi which are a good whack more expensive than the red ones that you can flag down on the road with no hassle at all.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which is like an apartment. Lots of room with two toilets and double shower he...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bigal6660 and friends,
What a lovely review and we appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback in regards to your 9 days stay at our hotel. Thanks for the very high rating of 5 stars and all your compliments in regards to our helpful staff.
It has been a pleasure to be your host and we send our best regards
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. We had on this occasion had booked club room access, which was excellent. We were disappointed however that on our arrival at 15.30 our room was not available as the previous guest obtained a late check out. It was fortunate that we did have club access as we were able to wait their for the full two hours till our room was ready.

I was pleased that on my wife's request we had been upgraded for my stay which covered my land mark birthday celebration, to a suite.

The facilities and club room were excellent as were all the staff from the porters to the bar manager at the lounge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear mickey64,
I still would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday and we are glad that you and your wife enjoyed the time on our Sheraton Club floor. Sincere apologies that caused by high occupancy and late check out requests you needed to wait for your room upon arrival but as we read you were very satisfied with our facilities and excellent services.
Thank you very much that you decided to enjoy your birthday at the Sheraton Imperial and we hope to welcome you back.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very good standard Sheraton in good central position within KL. Excellent standard rooms. Service largely outstanding throughout hotel with really friendly front desk staff, although service in business facilities doesn't quite match. Restaurant had an impressive range of options catering for all tastes, even had 4 different types of gluten-free bread!

Dear Kopel,
With great pleasure we received your feedback and ultimate rating of 5 stars and would like to thank you for all the nice words and compliments. I will definitely forward your feedback to our food & beverage team and happy to hear that we impressed you with the wide range and variety including 4 types of gluten free bread in our Essence Restaurant.
If business will bring you back from Manchester to KL we would be thrilled to be your host again.
Greetings from KL and best regards
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Sheraton Imperial hotel is located strategically at Medan Tuanku monorial station. It is just few stations away from Timesquare (Hang Tuah Station) and Sg Wang/Pavilion/Lot 10 etc (Bukit Bintang Station)

The room is spacious with panaromic view of KL city as guest rooms are all on 21st floor and above. Everything there is like so caring and lovely to a guest make you felt pampered.
Plenty of mineral water(bottles) provided everyday which serve a guest a great deal which also satisfy my greatest need when come to rating a hotel.

However, personally wonder why guests are not allowed to adjust the temperature of air con in the room. I was feeling stuffy if I cover myself with blanket. Oppositely, I felt cold when I sleep without blanket on.

Have been here for 5D4N for business conference, generally thumbs up to the hotel service and I like it!

Do strive harder to maintain or even further improve the service standard!

Dear Chiewway,
Thank you very much for talking the time to post your feedback in regards to your recent stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your 4 night stay and scored us at the high rating of 5 stars. We will investigate the issue with the aircon in the room and apologize for any inconveniences caused but we do hope you had a good rest experiencing our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Great that you posted some pictures of the wonderful view and our rooms.
Hope your business will bring you back to KL and we are allowed to be your host again.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

A group of 4 of us stayed here in 2 twin rooms on a flying visit through KL on our way to Australia. We arrived in the morning direct from the airport and rather tired after a long flight from the UK. They managed to get us into our rooms 2 hours early, looking after our bags and cases until this time. The rooms are amazing, with everything you could wish for for a luxurious and safe stay, including a room safe, fridge, table and chairs, desk, iron, tea/coffee facilities, toiletries, bath robes and slippers. There was a walk-in wardrobe and the bathroom had a separate bath and shower - there was even a phone by the toilet! There were also 6 free bottles of water, which were replenished as necessary during our 2 night stay, something which we found was majorly overcharged for elsewhere during our trip, and very effective air conditioning.

The hotel facilities were amazing too, with several restaurants of varying cuisine. We tried the Chinese restaurant the first night at the recommendation of a local and were not disappointed. The breakfast is amazing - everything you could wish for plus a lot of stuff you wouldn't think of. There was even a chocolate fountain! The pool and jacuzzi was beautiful with plenty of loungers. Last, but by no means least, the staff were so courteous, helpful and friendly. The hotel is conveniently located for 2 monorail routes, which is a great way to travel around the city, and amazing value.

I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear JoF and friends,
It seems there is nothing to add to all your detailed comments than sending back a big Thank You for taking the time to post this review and for all the compliments and nice words in regards to our hotel, the facilities, our food offerings, restaurants and last but not least our team.
We are ready to welcome you back whenever you travel again from UK to Australia or any other occasion. Hope to welcome you and your friends back soon and your favorite rooms are ready for you.
Greetings to Eastbourne.
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur is an older hotel and is showing its age but still in quite nice condition and kept clean. The location is not great – not much within walking distance and it is quite exposed to the rain.

Check-in was very slow, even though as a Platinum member I was escorted to the lounge. And even after ensuring that my SPG Ambassador had advised the hotel that I had follow-on bookings the hotel was still unable to locate them. This typifies the whole service delivery within the hotel – inefficient but with a smile.

However, it is worse than that – I got stuck in an elevator with a member of the staff – she had no clue what to do – I asked her to ring the emergency line – these elevators have no such thing! When we finally got out, I only had a couple of floors to go so I asked her where the fire exit stairs were – she said, “I don’t know”!! Safety training and safety precautions are clearly severely lacking in this hotel – let’s hope there is never a fire!

Even though this is a five star hotel the restaurant staff persist in leaving your dirty knives and forks when they clear the used plates – why do hotels in Asia do this?? It’s really horrible. I suggest the staff at the Sheraton Imperial go for a famil visit to the Sheraton Grande in Bangkok to find out how real five star service is delivered.

Trying to sleep is an interesting adventure – somewhere very close to the hotel there must be a nightclub as the booming of the bass strongly penetrates the rooms every night from around midnight until 3am or even 5am on Fri/Sat night. I was on a very high floor – and I really pity the people on a low floor. This is really unacceptable.

Overall, if you want to stay at a Starwood property in KL, go to the Le Meridien – much better than the Sheraton Imperial (and hopefully safer as well).

Room Tip: pick the side away from the night club - but I don't know what side that is!
Dear berniedsc1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review and I assure you my utmost attention to all the points you mention especially in regards to safety & security. Please accept our sincere apologies that we have not been able to fulfill your expectations and failed to deliver the service you would have liked to experience. I fully agree that basic training is a must and servers as a base for continuous quality in our customer approach. Rest assured that we will immediately discuss all issues with the team and improve. Only smile sometimes is definitely not enough.
We are glad that you as a SPG Platinum member still consider our sister hotels in KL for a potential next visit and would like to thank you for your loyalty.
Stephan Sieberg

Been to Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel? Share your experiences!