“Hotel near KLCC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Hotel near KLCC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice hotel with great staff. Attended a wedding dinner and daughter's graduation on consecutive weekends. Room was within our limited budget. Nothing was amiss and my family was completely satisfied.
We would definitely choose to stay here again. In fact we signed up for the Ambassador loyalty card with a view to staying at the IC chain of hotels in future.

Room Tip: As always, get a corner room if you can.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear sychowlao,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.

We are delighted to know that you and your family had a wonderful stay in our hotel and your comments will be shared with the hotel team members.

Thank you for signing up with the Ambassador Loyalty Card.The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Terima Kasih :)

Nur Farisya Abdul Shukor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Tripadvisor.com is my standard tool for selecting hotel for each of my leisure and business trips but when it comes to selecting a hotel in Kuala Lumpur, it is always InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. Excellent location close to KLCC, one of the finest breakfast buffet spreads including Asian delicacies, most spacious and updated rooms and a huge bath area. A particular mention about the toiletries Ginseng & Macademia by "WE LIVE LIKE THIS" of UK. So sensuous and soothing that a shower with the shower gel or a rub of hand & body lotion would keep you fresh for the whole day. A particular request to the management not to change the brand.

It is always a pleasant experience at ICH-KL right from check-in to check-out and one can't expect anything better.

This is my all-time-favorite for KL (where I travel the most for business) so will surely return and I surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear ParagIndia,

Salam Mesra :)

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and your comments will be shared with the hotel team members.

Our dedicated Concierge team are more than happy to share with you our "In The Know" local knowledge.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Terima Kasih.

melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The stay was a disaster. I arrived on after a long flight from Paris and there were no porters to take my luggage.

There is no Priority rewards check in counter.

The wait for check in was extremely long and as I felt very tired and a little unwell almost passed out so I ended up laying on the floor in front of the reception desk. It was only then that anyone payed any attention to me and I was taken up to the club floor to check in.

The check in proceeded and I was told that as I was a platinum priority rewards ember I would be upgraded to the 29th floor. While I was waiting for the lift to go to my room the check in clerk ran out and asked for the key back and saying that there was a mistake and I would have to go to a standard room on the one of the lower floors. I was very upset and humiliated by my treatment and I felt most unwelcome.

The room I ended up with was in very poor condition, the cupboard to the mini bar fridge was literally off it's hinges as were the wardrobe doors.

The electric kettle had been used to boil eggs and had egg scum and broken egg shell in it.

The toilet roll was practically finished.

The next morning I went down to the coffee shop ago have breakfast and I was told there was no tables left and there were quite a few people ahead of me waiting.

I went to the club floor and ordered Eggs Benedict but got poached egg on toast.

As there were no porters available the next morning I took my luggage downstairs and check out.

In the taxi on the way to the airport my taxi driver told me that there were never any porters at the hotel to carry luggage and the hotel was known for it's poor service.

I wrote a letter of complaint to Priority rewards who forwarded it to the hotel but the only response I received was a standard form letter from the front office manager Amy Loo

I am often in KL and I am not prepared to stay here again unless there is some sort of improvement in the service and standards at this hotel. I guess I have been spoilt by the superior service of Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear ddexter,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

Rest assured, we have taken the time to discuss this matter with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests and maintaining the consistent service standard of the InterContinental brand.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Should you have any further enquiries,please do not hesitate to contact me personally at +60 3 2782 6302.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Prior to this review, I have already stayed at IC KL thrice.

First time at the Executive room and the remaining two at the Executive Suite (thanks to the Ambassador upgrade).

First thing that impressed me was the huge bed in the room. It's so comfortable and you just can't seem to get enough of sleep on the bed!

The suite is more than adequate for my stay despite looking a little old.

Staffs were courteous and delivered prompt services.

I have to hand it to the ever smiling bunch of staffs at the club lounge as well. Ms Stephanie and her colleagues were always ready to render their warm service. Kudos to all you at the Club Lounge.

The hotel is located right beside the LRT station and opposite a small shopping complex, Ampang Park which has several fast food outlets. KLCC is just one stop away by LRT as well. Shuttle bus service is also provided to KLCC and Bukit Bintang area.

Lovely place to stay and I will not hesitate to choose IC KL as my home when I visit in future.

Room Tip: For better views, choose rooms facing Ampang Park as the other side is blocked by high rise building...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Andyyish,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests and we are pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay.

I am pleased that you are most happy with the service provided by the Club Lounge Team.

Your comments will definitely encourage all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Terima Kasih :)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have truly enjoyed our first two nights in Intercontinental KL and wished we could’ve extended our stay there.

The hotel: lovely newly renovated room with luxurious feel, spacious room and spacious bathroom, really what you expect from a 5-star hotel.

The Staff & Service: SUPERB. Hotel staff has been very friendly from the moment we stepped out of our airport shuttle. Very child-friendly too, despite seeing the hotel is geared toward business hotel. The hotel has complimentary shuttle service, outsourced to Metro Taxi, to Suria KLCC and Bukit Bintang with friendly driver who accommodated us with cartoons from YouTube when our little girl was cranky in car due to traffic jam during rush hour.

The most memorable experience during our stay has been meeting our concierge, who was very professional and friendly. the concierge manager, Mr. Azli, kindly helped us called our bus operator Odyssey to correct our schedule (which we have booked the day before but with mistake) and patiently helped us to reschedule our hotel stay in Singapore (which is a member of hotel’s group also).

Thank you Mr. Azli and Intercontinental KL for making our stay memorable! Will definitely come back to this hotel!

Compare to the competitor: After we stay at this hotel, we checked in at Traders hotel at KLCC, expecting more luxurious and cool environment since I read many good online review of the hotel, most of them rate the Traders higher than Intercon. We also pay higher room rate compare to Intercon expecting we get better experience that the 1st hotel we stayed. Unfortunately, we were wrong with our high expectation for Traders, thanks to the overrated reviews for Traders. If I have to choose another hotel to stay at KL for my next trip, I would choose Westin, since it is at Bukit Bintang, and indeed Intercon again!

Room Tip: The staff will give the best for you
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Dendy74,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience with us.

It is indeed pleasing to hear that you had a wonderful time at InterContinental Lumpur and we are more than happy to extend our best services to you.I'm glad that you're happy with the level of service given by our dedicated Concierge staff;Mr.Azli :)

We look forward to welcome you and your family to the hotel soon.

Terima Kasih dan Sampai Berjumpa Lagi!

Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Excellent service with great location, 10 minutes walking distance to the twin towers and the shopping mall. The adjacent park is very nice to walk-in to the towers with great spot view.
Top floors Have nice view and more quite as the sounds of motorbike is loud at night.
The king bed is the largest. Buffet breakfast is very good with excellent service. The staff are freindly and helpful. I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: A high floor will be more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ashraf W,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests and I am pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay.

Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Like the lobby at night.
Walking distand to KLCC about 5 minute, Near Indian food restaurant which I like.
Room is clean, sleep so well after busy day doing the function in the ballroom.
If compare to other hotel in KL, this is one is abit far from city center but you can use MRT to move around from KLCC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Travel L,

Salam Mesra from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.

For your information,we have taken over from Nikko Hotel since the 1st of February 2011.Our hotel is the first and only InterContinental hotel in Malaysia.

I'm glad to know that you're happy with the cleanliness of the room.Your comments will definitely inspire all of us to work harder and to strive for excellence in providing the best to our guests.

We look forward to your next stay.

Terima Kasih! :)

Nur Farisya Abdul Shukor

Been to InterContinental Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!