I stayed in this hotel from 29th December to 10th January 2012, partly pleasure and business. This used to be Nikko Hotel. So it's not a new hotel and therefore the f&f is a little old, and the rooms and general area needs updating too. Especially I noticed the bathroom room is mouldy and around the shower. There is no soap dish, scales and no magnifying mirror in room.
Room I was given was an upgrade as I am a Platinum Priority Member. The room is facing Jalan Ampang. A few early mornings (3am onwards) I could hear loud bass music coming from the club across the road. I reported to the Duty Manager but was told there's nothing they can do.
The room to be honest is a little dated and old. I have very sensitive nose and if a room is not clean or the air conditioning unit is dusty I sneeze a lot. I was doing that a lot when I stayed here.
The room is big enough and a table for you to do your work. Free wifi is available. Bathroom is big enough with separate bath and shower. Breakfast selection is very good with Asian varieties changes every 2 days.
The pool is located on the 5th floor. A very decent size but a little noisy because of the construction happening around the hotel. There is a good gym with basic machines, so don't expect too much. However there is no changing room or shower, sauna, steam room on site. There is a salon and spa on site too.
The location of the hotel is OK. Some people say it's good as it's near Ampang station which is one stop from KLCC or about 5 mins walk to KLCC. However that's about it. The best hotels are nearer to the other places like Pavilion, Lot 10, etc. This hotel is therefore not in the best location. There are some shops and restaurants dotted around the hotel, so ideal if you want to try the local cuisine. KFC, Pizza Hut, a 7 Eleven, Pharmacy all opposite the hotel.
I would not stay here before because I don't particularly like the location. I also think the hotel is a little old and need refurbishment. Staff is attentive and helpful though.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko Hotel
- Nikko Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel in the heart of Malaysia, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers one of the most sought after locations in the city, making it an ideal urban retreat for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is just steps away from the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and within walking distance to countless other shopping and entertainment activities. Choose to work in comfort or luxury in the 473 spaciously designed rooms, including 110 newly renovated Grand Premier Rooms that feature modern, earth tone furnishings and state-of-the-art enhancements. Wine and dine in style with a selection of restaurants including the award-wining Tatsu Japanese Restaurant, Tao Chinese Cuisine, Serena Brasserie, OneSixFive and Bentley's Pub. InterContinental Kuala Lumpur also boasts eight meeting rooms and two conference venues to host memorable events from an intimate group of 20 or a large conference of 600 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.