“Grand stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Lahore, Pakistan, Asia
“Grand stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed at Ritz Carlton on our honeymoon visit. Their rooms are lovely with amazing view of the city. Breakfast was good too. The thing we liked the most was that it connected to a fabulous mall. All high end shops can be found in that mall. The hotel is very central and we loved our stay there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MSkaf, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Funsearcher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay. I will definitely share your words of encouragement with the team.

I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Malaysia and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure an additional memorable experience.

Mahmoud Skaf,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I booked a high floor room. Up on check in I was told that my room had been upgraded but it is now on the 6th floor. Okay great. We went to the room and I kept on finding a lot of dings and marks all over the room. I was very disappointed, it seemed like they tried to put me into one of their beat up rooms under the pretense of an upgrade. I called the front desk and complained and moved to a different room within the same floor. This room was definitely an upgrade from the previous room but definitely not out of this world. First day we went for their breakfast and I felt it was not a good value for the money. From then on we went to " shook" for breakfast. I have not seen my personnel butler until just before check out she knocked on the door to apologize that we couldn't meet the previous five days. I could care less about the butler but it goes to show how things are run here. I did not have turn down service until the last night of our stay. Again not a big deal but for a hotel brand trying to stay above everyone else is in with everyone else. So overall I didn't think it was a well run hotel. Definitely over priced restaurant and a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Room Tip: Marriott is on the other end and within the mall is a highly rated restaurant called shook and their...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear FAAMA,

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comments about the room condition and the food are duly noted and we will make sure to review it with the concerned departments.

On another note, regarding the hotel condition, I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will be going under a major renovation with a completely new classic but modern design to meet the highest standards of the luxury hotels. In addition, I will definitely review the challenges you have faced with the butler and the housekeeping team - it is definitely not the type of experience I would like you to receive.

I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Malaysia and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights end of July 2014 the hotel personalised the stay by remembering our names at breakfast, by the pool and welcomed us to all their services. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, everything works as it should it is truly worthy of its 5 star rating.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Davidandmaree,

I will definitely share your words of encouragement with our Butler and the entire team regarding the great service that they have delivered.

I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Malaysia and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure a more memorable experience next time round.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights leading up to our wedding at Carcosa Seri Negara, KL. Our personal butler was very helpful and organised many of our pre-wedding catch-ups with friends. It was also an absolute comfort to "come home" to a cool, clean, calm, spacious and comfortable room every evening in a city so different to home. And to top it off, a beautiful bubble bath would be awaiting us! Amazing? Yes! And what an eye for detail, knowing that we were leading up to our wedding in a few days, we were greeted with cake and love swans. We will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mizztravellettee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at the hotel. And once again Congratulation!
I will definitely share your words of encouragement with our Butler and the entire team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked Ritz because I could not get a room in Mariott and this turned out to be very lucky. The rooms are very comfortable and gives a feeling of a mixture between old and new. (But do ask for a room away from the construction outside). Only one negative thing to say about the room and that was the "storm" entering the room from under the front door. I don't think I have experienced anything like it. I got around it by blocking the gap with a towel as fortunately plenty of towels available in the room.
I like that Ritz is located just behind all the noise at Bukit Bintang. It is just 2 minutes additional walk and therefore still incredibly close to the very nice Pavillon Mall.
The best of the hotel was however the service. Everyone were incredibly polite and nice and constantly going that little extra mile beyond what you normally see - even in a 5 star hotel. The breakfast buffet is not amongst the best around but because if the service level during breakfast, it was still a good experience.
I had a very unfortunate incident at the hotel which was due to a machinery problem. I have to say that the hotel handled this above expectations and I got personal apologies from 3 different managers despite it not having been a human error.
Finally I highly recommend the pool area and spa. There are two pool areas where one does not allow kids under 16. This was important for me because during my last two 5 star hotel experiences in Manila, the pool experience was spoiled by a bunch of very loudly playing kids. If I should recommend anything to the hotel, it would be to swap this arrangement between the pools because one of the pools is a lot more kids friendly and fun which meant that staff constantly had to tell kids to move to the other pool. If swapped, this would not be necessary.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from construction noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Timkyungah,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such great feedback with us following your recent stay. I will definitely share your positive words with the team. We are really thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Malaysia and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure an additional memorable experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur.

Mahmoud Skaf,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My cousin had booked in for a night, because he could not get a room at the Marriot, as he regularly does. We met up for discussion in the Cesars restaurant area around 9.30pm and were there until about 11pm. Very quiet and not a soul to offer any service nor disturb !
The following morning we agreed to meet up for breakfast. The Orage juice and Coffee were excellent. Everything else was "very poor". Sliced bread was cold and dry, having come out of a fridge. Egg yoke was anemic yellow. Croissonts and pastries were dried up. Other dishes on display were far from "inviting"

The room on the 14th floor was superb, the little touches were excellent. Fruits, chocolate etc.Bedding and linnen were superlative.

The legendary Ritz Carlton Service must always be accompanied by equal quality of F&B.

Room Tip: Stay there but eat out at the Pavillion or Star Hill
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MSkaf, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Niran27,

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comments about the breakfast is duly noted and I will personally make sure to review it with the Chef and the culinary team to ensure to receive the perfect quality you deserve.

Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom residence suite. It was huge! Lounge, dining, full kitchen with double door fridge, store room, two powder rooms, two bathrooms with another two toilets, study main bedroom with QS bed and second with twin beds the ensuite allows walk through to study so you can use it a private lounge

Why shabby chic? After 10 years it's become a bit run down just little things like stains on carpet near lift, poor paint work in lift and just general wear and tear. The room is grand and shows less of the wear and tear
I had trouble working out how to call our butler this should have been explained, perhaps if you have them meet guests on checkin they can explain how to contact and inclusions.
Lounge is lovely, good selection, location is good just know when we stayed it was Chinese autumn festival and the loud celebration in streets below kept us up until after midnight if I'd known I would have booked elsewhere. Perhaps we should have been told/compensated?? Pool area great. Wifi throughout patchy; none by pool. View? No view. Would I stay again? Maybe. I've stayed at Parkroyal, Westin, Melia, Sheraton, Fairlane (federal), le Meridien and Ritz Carton Hotel, Swiss Gardens and the Ascot so I have a good base of comparison. Staff are very professional and try hard to personalise visit.

Stayed August 2014
MSkaf, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Mumof1fromGlenris,

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comments about the room condition are duly noted. In addition, I have personally addressed your issue to the Butler team.

Mahmoud Skaf

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!