Stayed recently at the Ritz and it was a memorable and wonderful experience, thanks to the staff particularly, and the comfort and the position. Very early during our stay we met Poh Kiat and she deserves very special personal mention for how she operates and provides all that the Ritz should demand in their employees. Superb woman !! Also special thanks to our fantastic butlers, Donald and Josephine who assisted enormously and made everything beautiful (and another young male butler who did a different shift). Thanks for all the wonderful coffees and bikkies, the beautiful aromatherapy baths, the swan towels, the flowers (Josephine) and the memories. After a small personal medical problem, the incredible staff of the Ritz rallied - all of them it seemed - and for the whole time spent there, nothing more could be done to assist in every way to make me comfortable. Special thanks also to the Reception staff, one of whom - can't remember his name - but a huge thank you to him for running around the city searching for a specialised medical item which was needed and which we couldn't find ourselves. We dined a couple of times at a lovely chinese restaurant which was part of the Hotel, which offered superb service, great food at very good prices, particularly for "fine" dining. Spa was lovely, usually had to make appointments but occasionally they could fit me in if I hadn't booked, for small services e.g. foot massage. Beds were great, room was big and beautiful. No view, but who cares. Pool was really nice, but the lobby into the pool area is worthy of note. The staff at the Lobby were very welcoming and showed us these intriguing other two large areas, one for Ladies only, one for Gentlemen only, each area having a private jacuzzi, little lounge rooms with doors for privacy for one person with a television and a reclining chair in each room, washbasins, products, steam rooms etc. Then you go out through the pool lobby and into the hotel's large pool and spa areas. Breakfast was good altho I prefer a full buffet. This hotel supplies what I would call a semi-buffet. For example, you can't just go and get certain items from a bain marie like bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes. You have to order that kind of thing via the waiter. That being said, service was very fast and the food was great. You helped yourself at the buffet to many other things, eg fruit, toast etc. Last but not least, huge thanks to Peter for making us laugh so early in the morning and for looking after us. Thanks for those "special" coffees you made sure we received. All in all, I didn't want to leave, it was the most beautiful hotel, and the staff made it so, as well as the beauty itself of the hotel and the experience of staying at a Ritz Hotel. Thanks Ritz KL. See u again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur features full butler service for all 365 guest rooms and suites. Named "Best Business Hotel" in Malaysia by Business Asia and CNBC, "Best Business Hotel in Kuala Lumpur" by Travel + Leisure, and ranked among the best in the world by Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List, the hotel re-defines Malaysian 5-star hospitality. Services and facilities include Li Yen, an award-winning Cantonese restaurant, The Lobby Lounge serving international and local favorites, Carlton Gourmet, serving fresh deli specialties, and Cesar's, a luxe-elegant breakfast retreat. With an award-winning tropical "Spa Village" and 24-hour fitness centre, a 30,000 square foot, 3-level wifi-enabled conference center, and a full-service business centre, all connected to the exclusive Starhill Gallery, The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur is the ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Kuala Lumpur
- Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur