“Great location for a shopping spree” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

You added Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Jalan Bukit Bintang | Golden Triangle, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Merriments @ 25% OFF
Ranked #36 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great location for a shopping spree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Ok a little pricey but a nice place. Rooms are good but a little dated. Still provide all a traveller needs.
Great location in the heart of bukit bintang ( be warned the whole area is a building site. Heaps going on here)
Breakfast has a massive selection , usual problems with a buffet , the food can be out a lil while.
Overall if you can get a special price you should book here.
They gave us late checkout at no cost

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMKL2013, The Management at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Calvin D,

Greetings from Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. We are indeed happy to know you had a great and comfortable stay.

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I our party of 6 (3 rooms) checked in for 8 nights from 26 March 2014. We were visiting KL primarily to attend the F1 race meeting at Sepang. This hotel has probably been operating for some years, However, we found the rooms, the service, the food and the overall feeling of this hotel to be superb. From check to check our 8 days later was a very good experience. You were really made to feel like part of the family at GMKL and I am at a loss as to why recent reviewers have criticised the place. Of course we got KL not long after the lost off Malaysian flight MH370. You could feel the sense of loss throughout the City.

As for the staff, nothing was problem. Probably one of the best room service hotels (and at reasonable price) that I have ever experienced. It is in a prime location, close to Bukit Bintang monorail station and masses of shopping centres for our respective partners.

We would all stay stay again without any hesitation.

The head Chef at the Mill Café made us fees so welcome and went to extraordinary lengths to ensure the our buffet experience was memorable.

What more can I say. Usually people who have bad experience as places like GKML are those who have unreasonable expectations or make unusual demands upon the hotel.

Why am I so lengthy in this report, simple, we were treated like we were part of their family. That doesn't happen very often.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that face a construction site next door but that happens in every city in the w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gary C,

Greetings from Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you so much for your outstanding review, we are ecstatic to know your stay was fruitful and that you delight in the warm hospitality synonymous of the Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had to be in KL just for a few nights of business and my host arranged the Grand Millennium in downtown KL. Having spent plenty of time in KL I know the city well but have not stayed down town in a few years. I arrived nice and early from KLIA and was greeted by the morning staff and escorted to the Club floor, where they informed me that my room was not ready, but they had arranged a temporary room, which was great. I headed off to the excellent gym overlooking the pool followed by a swim in the refreshing pool and a good breakfast. I then went for a walk around the main area which included the brilliant Pavilion shopping center, where they have raised a small memorial for victims of MH370, a nice thought and idea. I arrived back to prepare for my meetings and was greeting with a new room key to my room! The room was spacious, well designed with views over the main street of Bukit Bintang. The bathroom has a good shower and again plenty of space, but I felt lacked a bit of lighting. The general fixtures were of high quality, the club rooms in the hotel are undergoing a small refurbishment and the color scheme is warm and relaxing, I was informed that this will flow through to the rest of the hotel so will be great. My hosts invited me for lunch in the in-house Chinese restaurant, which by all accounts was excellent........Breakfast and cocktails in the Club Lounge were great, with friendly staff and attention to detail.
As my stay drew to the end and the plane took off I thought back of how nice a hotel is was, not glamorous, but just a really good business hotel with plenty of friendly staff in a perfect location!

Room Tip: stay in a Club room for the extra service and value!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JohnTGN,

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Thinking of staying there??? Don't ever bother.. after seeing all decent reviews, we decided to stay there for my husband surprised birthday weekend from friday 28th til monday 31th, that too booked the executive club room.

I made all the arrangements a month before, requesting for early check in and few birthday requests to make it memorable. Over emails, everything seemed to be in placed but after reaching there tired travelling all the way from Australia. What we were welcome with was, untrained desk assistant at the club lounge, who didn't not even acknowledged our presence until we approached them, he didt not want to check us in because we were apparently too early and we had to wait till 2pm. We did mentioned that we requested an early check in but it felt on deaf ears and that the hotel rooms were all packed. After an hour of hustling and explaining our situation, the manage Chris was called in to deal with us. Hearing our situation, he apparently told us that we could check in in a deluxe room till a club room would be available. We thought ok thats alright but guess what he had to wait til 8pm in a deluxe room when we payed almost 3 times to be in a club room to get shifted in a club room.

The story doesn't end there, after shifting the club room was the same size as a deluxe. What renovations??? Few little changes nothing grand. I was not happy at all after all this, and decided to go and get it straighten with Chris. What did I get??? Sorry we have nothing, you will have to stay there we will try and shift you tomorrow if a better room becomes available and we will give you a bottle of wine and cake for your husband birthday to accommodate for our discrepancies. Called the desk the next morning, and get told lets me see if we can transfer you, but after eating hours i didn't get any call nor the promised bottle or cake. We also found out that the bed sheets had blood spots on them and were not changed the whole time we were there. I got fed up. I just carried on because i did not want to spoil my husband birthday by this ridiculous hotel.

I have stayed in many hotels in KL, never experienced such an ill mannered unprofessional hotel like this who do not know what customer service is. Oh by the way I did mentioned i would complain about this hotel to the Lounge Manager Chris, and he said you are most welcome to and here you go guys.

NEVER GO THERE. My friends were staying at Marriott in a normal deluxe room for half the price but trust me a mere room in any hotel is much better than a club room in Millennium. At least you get treated with utmost service and manners and feel like you are getting the value for money than staying in this crap hole infested with Prostitutes and She- mans surrounding the entrance as soon as dark hits.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMKL2013, The Management at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Nishie2014,

It is with deep regret that we respond to your review today. We thank you for taking time to highlight your concerns to us. We are truly appreciative of your comments as it is through such feedback that we are able to review our procedures and performances of our staff accordingly.

We certainly understand your unhappiness regarding your stay and I have personally looked into the shortcomings highlighted by you and would like to apologise for the inconveniences and discomfort that you have indicated.

We always place great emphasis on the courteousness and attitude of our staff, we take your comments seriously and based on our findings the staff members concerned have been counselled accordingly and again been briefed and reminded on the importance of providing exemplary customer service and those guests’ expectations are not to be compromised.

Your experience has most regretfully marred your impression of the hotel but we sincerely hope that you would give us an opportunity to make amends and demonstrate to you, the true side of the Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur hospitality and I shall be writing to you personally on this.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality.

Thank you.
Yours sincerely,

Peter D. Gibbons
General Manager, Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The location of the hotel just cannot get any better.
It is beside the Pavillion and walking distant to all the mall in Bukit Bintang.
The hotel lobby is grand and big, however, they could not give me my room even though I checked in after 2.

The pool is decent and a nice gym with free spa that is of decent size.
However the spa and gym are not child friendly need to be above 16 before you can use!

Room is normal size but look old and dated.
View is facing a construction site and early morning they still pounding so we ended up cannot sleep later.

Did not get upgrade and did not have breakfast but it is ok since we can find food easily anyway.
Free parking.

If there is special rate this is a good hotel to stay with it great location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMKL2013, The Management at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Desmondcheng,

Greetings from Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time to highlight your concerns to us. It is only through these comments that we are able to review guest concerns and address the issues, thus implementing necessary procedures to ensure that our guests are comfortable during their stay.

We have since briefed the respective team member on the shortcomings and corrective actions are to be taken immediately to improve the services provided.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best regards,

Brunei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Was able to provide my request for connecting rooms.

Superb location smack in the heart of the City. Walking distance to Pavilion, although there are construction works in front and behind the hotels, which can be loud the morning, due to the heavy machines.

Breakfast was a mix of Asian and Western fares, food was OK, but the service was a bit disappointing.

Nevertheless, enjoyed our stay here and will likely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the back, as there was heavy machines at work (ground works)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Firdaus188,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights from 16th Mar 14 - 18th Mar 14. Location in the heart of the City. Walking distance to Pavilion and to Berjaya Times Square. Staffs were very attentive to our needs. Did not try the Breakfast as we wanted to try local food. Only disappointment is no newspaper in the mornings consider an up class hotel. Also, paying full amount on first day for the hotel still need deposit. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our stay here and will be back in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMKL2013, The Management at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Ong P,

Best regards,

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Been to Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!