“Third stay. Excellent as usual” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

You added Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Jalan Bukit Bintang | Golden Triangle, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Merriments @ 25% OFF
Ranked #36 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Gold Coast
“Third stay. Excellent as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the third visit in a couple of years . My wife and I had six nights in room 1125 last week. Nice view of the city. excellent room ,furnishings,linnen , bed and service as expected. check in / out was quick and efficient as usual . breakfast and dinner in the Mill . was also excellent, even though it was a full house. staff handled the numbers effortlessly. We have stayed in a number of hotels in this area and have found the Millenium to be far supperior in every way .

Room Tip: Non Smoking, High floor away from elevator is my choice always
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel.
We chose it again as it is extremely good value for the club room and you cannot fault the location. So much shopping is right at your front door.
There was one fault this time and that was the actual club lounge was being renovated during our stay so they had relocated it to the foyer. We weren't informed of this when we made the booking or when we checked it. We only discovered it when we tried to get to the club floor the next morning only to be told it was in the foyer.
The set up was not very good as the lounge is usually a quiet place to relax but being in the foyer of the hotel it was noisey and people were walking throught the lounge even though they didn't stay in a club lounge. Usually you would also get a buffett of food, however this time they brough out the canapes on a stand, which meant no choice and a lot of food was wasted. And the lounge area was not available all day for us to just sit in and have a drink. This was definately disappointing as we were there for my mum's 60th and she had never stayed in club rooms before and it wasn't what we were used to. They weren't exclusive, which is what you pay for.
The rooms are a good size and the staff are also very helpful. The beds though were like sleeping on a rock. Next time we may try somewhere different.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The first impression one gets when entering the hotel is that it is indeed a grand Hotel. Perhaps that is why I think this hotel is a bit pricey. The service was good the rooms were clean and the breakfast was above average but not better than some of the four-star hotels that I have stayed at in Kuala Lumpur. The pool was nice but not overly large if you really wanted a good swim this was not right pool for you more of a wading and family pool. The executive club was well staffed But not a five-star executive club experience that I would expect from the grand millennium Hotel. it was just on par with some of the other four-star hotels in the area. However it is my understanding that the executive club has been completely refurbished since my last stay and it may be a very good experience now. Certainly this hotel is in the proper place for a lot of action. There are malls, there are street vendors, there are all kinds of activities going on from morning till late at night a very centrally located hotel Indeed. Overall a good hotel but take away the grand entrance and you really have just a four-star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is needless to mention. Bukit Bintang is the heart of the city and the hotel enjoys a fantastic location. However, it goes a lot downhill after that and the hotel pales in comparison to some of the other properties in KL.

The decor of the room is not just old style, but also needs a lot of work to be done- the polishing was pretty ordinary. The bathrooms were strictly average as well, and the service was ordinary.

The gym is alright, and the breakfast is average. The ball room was big and good, but the food we had there was average again.

All in all, nothing to write home about- there are certainly better properties even in Bukit Bintang.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel commands a hefty price per night due to its location relative the shopping center of KL... but that said, its a wanna be 5 star thats going toward 3 star. The quality and cleanliness of this hotel leaves something to be desired.

Everywhere i walked I saw wall damage, bad carpet, stains - in both the halls and rooms.

This hotel is in serious need of a facelift if they want to keep charging their prices, otherwise eventually will realize its a rip off..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Queensland. Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights at the Grand Millenium and overall you would have to say it is a lovely 5 star hotel in the best location in Bukit Bintang, the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Nice room, good facilities, lovely breakfast.
I was a little disappointed to arrive and be given a twin bed room on a smoking floor when I booked a king, non smoking, but the place was fully booked and I guess the old first in best dressed rule applied. This was resolved the following day when we were moved to the duly booked room.
I have two problems with this hotel:
1. The beds are extremely firm ( read hard) to the point where we could hardly stand up straight in the morning - but I guess this is a personal preference and some people my like this. The beds are also on rollers, so if you sit up in bed to read the paper, the bed rolls away from the wall.
2. Their Internet service is at best one star with the signal fluctuating from full strength to nothing and dropping out continually. My big gripe however is their internet policy which only allows two computers to be connected per session, which may not be a problem for many people, but was a major drama for me over the 5 days. My wife and I travel with a laptop, iPad and iPhone EACH - that is 6 internet capable devices - and herein lies the problem. Once you log on, that's it, you are locked to those first two units for the 24 hour period and you can't use any other item unless you want to pay again and again. In my case I would have to pay 3 times a day to use all of my devices. Image you both read the news on your iPads in the morning ( quota now used) and you later want to upload some photos off your iPhone to say email your family or use the laptop to log into your office - you can't unless you pay again! My logic is that I can only use one thing at a time, i'm not using 3 times the bandwidth - why do I need to pay over and over when the original device is not being used?
I complained and someone was to ring me back........but I'm still waiting.
Solution : Malones Irish Pub around the corner has free wifi - it's faster than the hotel, has good signal strength, doesn't drop out, and you can have a cold Guinness while you go about your business.
Would I stay at the Grand Millenium again?......probably not. I'll check out the Internet policy of the surrounding hotels first.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Love the location of this. Love the pavillion mall that is like next to the hotel. There's even a Cinema in the mall which is very cheap, RM12! Excellent for young girls like us! We can even watch midnight movie without worrying abt safety! The lobby exceed my expectation. Didn't expect it to look so classy.. boys at the lobby are also very helpful. Always ready to assist you with you luggage. Thanks to mr amirul who helped us with the luggage from check in to check out! .room is also very comfortable. Breakfast at the mills cafe pretty normal. But the manager at the cafe , his name mr fadli(if i not wrong) is so cheerful.. Greeting everyone very cheefully! I think he really shows good example to his staffs. Only that the rest of his staffs shld b a little more approachable. This hotel doesn't dissapoint me!

Room Tip: I love my room that faces pavillion mall. Night view is spectacular, i can even see part of the petr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!