“A bit pricey but a good hotel in a great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Save Saved
You added Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Jalan Bukit Bintang | Golden Triangle, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia   |
Offers & Announcements
Discounts up to 61% OFF!
Ranked #36 of 261 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Dayton, Ohio
“A bit pricey but a good hotel in a great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The first impression one gets when entering the hotel is that it is indeed a grand Hotel. Perhaps that is why I think this hotel is a bit pricey. The service was good the rooms were clean and the breakfast was above average but not better than some of the four-star hotels that I have stayed at in Kuala Lumpur. The pool was nice but not overly large if you really wanted a good swim this was not right pool for you more of a wading and family pool. The executive club was well staffed But not a five-star executive club experience that I would expect from the grand millennium Hotel. it was just on par with some of the other four-star hotels in the area. However it is my understanding that the executive club has been completely refurbished since my last stay and it may be a very good experience now. Certainly this hotel is in the proper place for a lot of action. There are malls, there are street vendors, there are all kinds of activities going on from morning till late at night a very centrally located hotel Indeed. Overall a good hotel but take away the grand entrance and you really have just a four-star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012

962 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is needless to mention. Bukit Bintang is the heart of the city and the hotel enjoys a fantastic location. However, it goes a lot downhill after that and the hotel pales in comparison to some of the other properties in KL.

The decor of the room is not just old style, but also needs a lot of work to be done- the polishing was pretty ordinary. The bathrooms were strictly average as well, and the service was ordinary.

The gym is alright, and the breakfast is average. The ball room was big and good, but the food we had there was average again.

All in all, nothing to write home about- there are certainly better properties even in Bukit Bintang.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel commands a hefty price per night due to its location relative the shopping center of KL... but that said, its a wanna be 5 star thats going toward 3 star. The quality and cleanliness of this hotel leaves something to be desired.

Everywhere i walked I saw wall damage, bad carpet, stains - in both the halls and rooms.

This hotel is in serious need of a facelift if they want to keep charging their prices, otherwise eventually will realize its a rip off..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Queensland. Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights at the Grand Millenium and overall you would have to say it is a lovely 5 star hotel in the best location in Bukit Bintang, the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Nice room, good facilities, lovely breakfast.
I was a little disappointed to arrive and be given a twin bed room on a smoking floor when I booked a king, non smoking, but the place was fully booked and I guess the old first in best dressed rule applied. This was resolved the following day when we were moved to the duly booked room.
I have two problems with this hotel:
1. The beds are extremely firm ( read hard) to the point where we could hardly stand up straight in the morning - but I guess this is a personal preference and some people my like this. The beds are also on rollers, so if you sit up in bed to read the paper, the bed rolls away from the wall.
2. Their Internet service is at best one star with the signal fluctuating from full strength to nothing and dropping out continually. My big gripe however is their internet policy which only allows two computers to be connected per session, which may not be a problem for many people, but was a major drama for me over the 5 days. My wife and I travel with a laptop, iPad and iPhone EACH - that is 6 internet capable devices - and herein lies the problem. Once you log on, that's it, you are locked to those first two units for the 24 hour period and you can't use any other item unless you want to pay again and again. In my case I would have to pay 3 times a day to use all of my devices. Image you both read the news on your iPads in the morning ( quota now used) and you later want to upload some photos off your iPhone to say email your family or use the laptop to log into your office - you can't unless you pay again! My logic is that I can only use one thing at a time, i'm not using 3 times the bandwidth - why do I need to pay over and over when the original device is not being used?
I complained and someone was to ring me back........but I'm still waiting.
Solution : Malones Irish Pub around the corner has free wifi - it's faster than the hotel, has good signal strength, doesn't drop out, and you can have a cold Guinness while you go about your business.
Would I stay at the Grand Millenium again?......probably not. I'll check out the Internet policy of the surrounding hotels first.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Love the location of this. Love the pavillion mall that is like next to the hotel. There's even a Cinema in the mall which is very cheap, RM12! Excellent for young girls like us! We can even watch midnight movie without worrying abt safety! The lobby exceed my expectation. Didn't expect it to look so classy.. boys at the lobby are also very helpful. Always ready to assist you with you luggage. Thanks to mr amirul who helped us with the luggage from check in to check out! .room is also very comfortable. Breakfast at the mills cafe pretty normal. But the manager at the cafe , his name mr fadli(if i not wrong) is so cheerful.. Greeting everyone very cheefully! I think he really shows good example to his staffs. Only that the rest of his staffs shld b a little more approachable. This hotel doesn't dissapoint me!

Room Tip: I love my room that faces pavillion mall. Night view is spectacular, i can even see part of the petr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I read these reviews, hoping they were wrong.. Got my hopes up. Once you enter the hotel, it looks amazing! Amazing lobby. We checked in expecting the rooms to be amazing as the lobby, however the rooms were old, ugly..... everything. We complained and complained until we checked out from how old and stupid the rooms were!!! Who honestly has beds with wheels?
My opinion is do not stay here for even a night, stop at Park Royal... They're the best!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the Moto GP weekend. We had a late arrival but check-in was easy and we were soon in our Executive Club Room. Nicely appointed with a huge bathroom. The hotel is conveniently located and the service excellent.
Our room was on the 14th floor and very quiet in spite of the busy weekend.
We were very disappointed to find the Executive Club Lounge was not in operation even though our booking form clearly stated: "every care has been taken into consideration to ensure that the Club floor operation will take place as usual". We would not have booked this hotel had we known. The Grand Millennium needs to be upfront about this because it creates a bad feeling about the hotel from the outset.
Will we stay again? - Yes, once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!