Had a great 3 night stay in the Mandarin Oriental during our honeymoon - we were greeted on arrival with a bouquet of red roses which was a lovely touch. Room was nice and had a view of the city and Petronus towers - it was a compact room (smallest of our honeymoon) and the bathroom could only really accommodate 1 person at a time.
A conference was in progress during our stay and in our opinion we felt this hotel is predominately focused on business guests rather than the guests staying on holiday. Saying this we received all the normal service we know and love with the MO chain.
We ate in the Chinese (Lai Po Heen) and Mandarin Grill restaurants and would highly recommend both - food quality and service could not be faulted.
One small point is that the bars were not non smoking and although had dedicated areas the smell of smoke was not pleasant. This is common in KL so maybe a bit critical for the hotel review - however we were really looking forward to a pre dinner drink at the MO grill and was disappointed to see it reasonably full and the bar full of smoke. We moved straight to the table and enjoyed our drinks there instead!
Great location right next to the Petronus towers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental