The goregous look represents a mirage that allows technology to fool human eyes. Seeing is not believing now, since images can be modified to serve the promoters' needs. You really have to go and feel it. So, deny internet messages.
hotel accommodation only occupies one block; the adjacent one is a residental block.
we have to share the swimming pool with residents--expect the whole family with active kids and flamboyant ladies in bikini and showy teens laughing, chatting, splashing water, taking photos with i-phones in the mornings on Saturday and Sundays and in the evenings.
room is spacious and entices you to give a wow when you opens the door. Yet, you may need to dry the floor in the bathroom after shower because the door of the shower capsule does not completely block all splashing water. Not leaks, but obvious spare margins between the door and the panel. No curtain to shield water in the bath tub. Nice to do some household workout after each bath--tidying and drying the floor, and the towels. You need extra towels to jkeep the floor dry, any way.
Morning breakfast is the beginning of a crowded scene. The cafe barely accommodates guests for breakfast. Waiters fail to greet guests with professional smiles, even, since they are busy tidying up tables for rounds and rounds of coming guests. I spent four mornigns here, and repeated taking similar food every day. I don't deny that food supply is sufficient and sumptuous, yet the quality and choices are mediocre. Beef rolls , popular by all news, never roll out twice. Bread choices satisfy those Asian who only try slices and buns. When I start crazy with continental bread, I feel hungry with the limited supply of the minimum sorts.
The hotel is opposite Parkson and the Pavilion: the shopping magnets in KL. The complex is so close in sight; but a little further in reaching it. Unless you are batman or spiderman or any X-men, you need to walk past a construction site to reach a giveway junction to wait for some conscientious driver to stop for you crossing the road. Yes, you can press a button to stop cars. But, you may have to wait a few minutes for the traffic lights to change colour since the priority must be given to the on-coming cars in such a busy crossroad. Novotel is in a better location since it stands exactly at the end of the elevated walkway that brings you to the hub of shopping and dining by local and visitors alike.
The lobby is grand and spectacular. But instead of 'Japanese inspiration' as one review writes, I would rather suggest a strong 'Southeastern' flavour and sentiments. I don't prefer those chic and boutique look in grand hotels, either. And I have no bias or hidden implication to 'SE Asian' feeling. I write this after comparing those onsen resort hotels and grand hotels all over Japan which I have stayed in the past ten years, a number over 80 at least.
I only highlights the scenes not covered in the hotel descriptions and the reviews. I am, by no means, a critical and snobbish guy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is business or pleasure. Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located near the Central Business District and the prestigious Ampang Embassy Row, yet only a short stroll away from the majestic Petronas TwinTowers, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center) and the entertainment hub and shopping district, Bukit Bintang.As Kuala Lumpur's newest luxury Hotel & Residence, the Prince is designed specially with todays discerning traveller in mind. Providing comfortable, contemporary accommodation and boasting unmatched standards of excellence, friendly and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel And Residence
- Prince Hotel Residence
- Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Prince Hotel