The Prince Hotel looks fabulous in Hotel promo photos, we really thought we had scored a bargain on wotif.com, the lobby is big and the entrance is impressive.
The location is excellent, right opposite a huge shopping mall called the Pavillion, with Food Republic, a huge food court on the lower level. It is somewhat dicey getting over to it, crossing 6 lanes of fast moving traffic with no pedestrian crossing. The Hotel borders a district filled with shopping malls. Petronas Towers are approx 10mins walk away, best walked to on the sky bridges. Chinatown and Markets are a short taxi drive away, under $10.
Check-in was slow, the staff weren't particularly friendly, it took us an hour from arriving to getting into our room, to find it was dirty.....urine on the toilet seat, hair on the bathroom floor, and not the good kind! It was pretty off putting so we had a grumble, after waiting another half hour or so, we were moved to another room, with a view of the Petronas Towers, which we appreciated, only to find this room had a dirty toilet, and, can you believe it, a peanut stuck to the bedhead that was unmissable! After that we did a quick perouse of the room to find a build up of rubbish around the edges of the carpet under the curtains. We had to ask them to re-clean the room, so we had to leave and wait for it to be cleaned - it was a pretty tiring day and very inconvenient given we had had a very early international flight that morning.
Breakfast wasn't included, it cost $15 or so, so we went to the mall and ate for a quarter of the price.
The rooms, besides being dirty, are tired and outdated, the shower was good though!
The whole Hotel would have been great 20years ago, but hasn't been maintained. The pool area is also tired and seemed to be always crowded with kids when we were there.
Staff don't go out of their way to be helpful or friendly.
They advertised when we booked there was free inroom internet, it was one of the selling point for us, but it is not wifi, just some old cable the plugs into a computer, useless for an ipad! Wifi cost $15 for 24hrs - very annoying and a bit deceiving. Wifi was supposed to be around the lobby and pool, but we had trouble picking it up.
Tip: look for another Hotel, I'm sure you could get something better for the same price or less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is business or pleasure. Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located near the Central Business District and the prestigious Ampang Embassy Row, yet only a short stroll away from the majestic Petronas TwinTowers, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center) and the entertainment hub and shopping district, Bukit Bintang.As Kuala Lumpur's newest luxury Hotel & Residence, the Prince is designed specially with todays discerning traveller in mind. Providing comfortable, contemporary accommodation and boasting unmatched standards of excellence, friendly and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel And Residence
- Prince Hotel Residence
- Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Prince Hotel