We decided to spend our anniversary with a short weekend at The Marriott as we had a complimentary night's stay voucher that was due to expire, and we thought that we shouldn't waste it.
We weren't sure what to expect due to the complimentary voucher and thought that we might get a slightly sub-standard room or even poor service.
However we were pleasantly surprised. We were attended to by Reza at the front desk, who was very polite and friendly. He was also very observant and offered to get me some medication from the in-house clinic for my very bad flu.
We checked in without much issue although our key card didn't work and we had to go back downstairs to get it sorted. But this isn't a real problem for us cause these things happen from time to time with electronic keys and we have had it happen at many hotels.
Our room was just a standard room, but as Marriott is an older hotel, it was a lot more spacious than the newer hotels. It was tastefully decorated and had a lovely, large bathroom. Everything was also very clean which is of utmost importance to us.
We had everything we needed in the room:
- really nice toiletries
- a proper hair drier - not one of those awful ones that are attached in the bathroom
- more towels than you need
- plush bathrobes and bedroom slippers
- a clothes brush and shoe horn
- tea and coffee making facilities with some nice teas
- a safe deposit box
- 2 umbrellas for our use during our stay
We stepped out for a few hours and came back to find a lovely fruit platter in our room and the bed turned down for us.
The location of the hotel is excellent as it is right in the Bukit Bintang shopping area. It is directly connected to the luxury shopping centre, Starhill; and just across the road from the Pavillion shopping mall. You can easily walk to all the other shopping malls in the area too.
We only had one very small problem - the air-conditioning in the room wasn't quite adjustable. It got a bit warm in the middle of the night and we could only adjust the temperature dial (although we weren't quite sure if the temperature was actually adjusted) but not the fan. So the fan could only be set to low or off. Essentially if we put the fan up to medium or high, it would just turn the air-conditioning off. We didn't bring this up though as we were only there for one night. But that could have been a problem if we had to stay for a few nights. So we just settled with it for the night.
Overall, we had a lovely stay and all the staff were friendly and courteous. We would definitely come back as paying guests and would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern L-shaped Tower Hotel situated in Star Hill complex, a mixed-use development including a six-level retail mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Kuala Lumpur
- Marriott Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Marriott