“Super Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Super Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Checked in 2 nites wt my boyfriend. Wonderful in Bintang Walk area. Super location in kuala lumpur city. Very easy to hunt for food. Close to huge club Butter Factory. Many malls walking distance. Amazing view fm room. Spread breakfast. Great service. Overall good

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Was there on business trip. The services from the staffs where very good and they do go the extra mile to make you really comfortable.

The room was nice, just like all the 5 stars property should have. Their twin beded rooms comes with 2 supersize bed which was comfortable. I asked for form and hard pillows, and actually got very hard form pillows.

Sad that I was not able to spend more time using the facilites, but overall, a good nice to be at. And the different was the service level.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I give 5 stars for this 5 star hotel because my 4 nights experience with my family with our 7 kids was super amazing. I really love the attention and help that was given by two of this hotel's staff, Mr Afandy and Mr M.D. Zain. Super super friendly and helpful. I don't really like the reception counter's staff because they were quite inattentive and lack of smile. There's also one super friendly staff who always carry the thing to stop the elevator's door from closing. I love the way he greet guests. There's an issue with the housekeeping staffs. The cleaning was great, they even gave extra drinking water for us to accomodate our kids BUT he uses his shoes from inside the bathroom to our room and it's unhygienic! I hope the management will do something about it. Overall, really love this hotel and I will surely miss the nice smell in the lobby and elevator.

• Stayed December 2013
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Pros:

- great location
- very nice city view (ask for it ;)
- fantastic concierge lounge
- shopping mall attached to it
- can access the aircon covered path all the way to the Petronas towers

Cons:

- rooms need refreshment

Room Tip: Upgrade to concierge floors, the lounge has fantastic food services and city view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

To start off, I am usually a fan of the Marriot Group because of their standards and quality of rooms. However, my recent stay with the JW Marriot KL has been nothing but disappointing. Upon check-in, the counter staff will usually ask for a credit card verification to hang unto as deposit as my room has already been pre-paid with Expedia vouchers.

With no additional bills upon check out, reception stuff will not charge any payments to the credit card. When I got back to Singapore, they billed an extra RM$539 to my card. I called them to verify and it was confirmed it was a double billing by accident. They said they will check and update soonest possible.

It took me more than a week plus (10 days or so) with at least 5 phone calls from me to ask if there has been any updates, since no one has contacted me since or was able to specifically advice me if the credit reversal has been done. The usual response, "Sorry - we need to check with accounts. We will call you back." or "Sorry, I will get my manager to call you back". OR the manager will call and say "Sorry, I need to check with accounts and I will PERSONALLY update you on this date, this time after I have sorted it out".

Which of course never happened. Resulting in me having to call and having to lose my temper before someone actually followed up, on account of a very angry customer on the line. The answer given was "Accounts said they have already done the reversal and it will only go through 2 weeks from now". I asked for any form of transaction receipt with the bank, in case 2 weeks later - I am still left hanging in the air over this issue (based on their reliability of their staff performance). They said they DON'T HAVE ANY, until I asked for them to drop me an email with the credit reversal form, so I can follow up with the bank myself in 2 weeks time.

Very disappointing for the Marriot. The hotel group has built a credible standing in the industry over the years and it seems that the staff are not doing the brand name justice with the sloppy standards of service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed on the club floor and had access to the lounge which was great. Stayed for 2 days and I checked out at 12noon.

12 hrs later I realized I left my jacket in the room. I called the reception and luckily it was found by the housekeeping when they cleaned the room. I asked why they didn't attempt to reach me as I was still in KL for several hours after I checked out. The staff told me that it wasn't a valuable item like a computer or hand phone so usually they will not contact the guest. I began wondering if the hotel keeps a big inventory for missing items especially they don't contact the clients to inform them. Or will just dispose them if the guest do not contact the hotel. I'm sure the hotel has my contacts since I'm Elite Gold with them.

The jacket in question was a fairly expensive and valuable one to me. If the hotel contacted me within 5hrs I would have been able to go back to collect.

The hotel informed me that they can send it to me in singapore if I agree to paying courier, DHL or FedEx. This could have been avoided if someone went the extra mile to call me for leaving something behind. For Msia to call Spore, it's a 20cts call.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

we stayed there for one night. check in was fast. Lobby is constantly busy but still full with staff to help instantly with queries etc. Room was rather spacious and we ordered Room Service as it was rather late. food was good up the standards and on time. lovely view at night. The only thing that was a little disappointing was that after checking in we went for a drink by the Pool side. it took them good 30 mins to get our drinks. It was not a service we were looking for from a JW Hotel. apart from that it was lovely short stay. convenient location for shopping etc. just opposite Pavilion and Star hill.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!