“Not really cheap, not really good” 2 of 5 stars

You added Eclipse Guesthouse to your Saves list
Eclipse Guesthouse
No. 55, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur 50000, Malaysia   |
La Coruna, Spain
“Not really cheap, not really good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I paid 28ringgit for a Dorm bed, and... So dirt! And it,s no really cheap. There's another backpacker's guesthouse a few meters before in the same street, called Seven Nite Inn, so much better. Only 25ringgit, better bed, so much clean and confortable, and breakfast included!!! Awesome!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff was Smiley and friendly even upon being awoken in the middle if the night by me. But rooms are small & dark. Bathrooms always out Of TP, and the only PC there was not working. That being said it is pretty cheap & the bed was comfy!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New Egypt, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm actually more valuable this great effort that you are doing for our comfort
This is a great effort that you have done, we enjoyed spending time with you really fun and nice and comfy with you
Thank you very much indeed for this hospitality
Certainly I will visit you again and will also tell my friends about this wonderful place
I thank you with all my heart
My thanks also to Professor Rafiq
Also all workers in this place
I would like to also thank the lady who takes care of the flowers and preview-fed and the place in the morning and arrange a library I would like to thank her warmly actually
I would like to thank the owner of this wonderful place and I thank him for the good selection of employees
With my best wishes and good luck abdallah essam hassan

Room Tip: Single room bed s2
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

It is in excellent location. It is in the heart of China Town and also very near to international Bus terminal. From here u get bus for Singapore, Thailand and to different destinations. Staffs are very friendly, nice place to stay for a week or so.

Room Tip: i like this guest house with very friendly staff, cleanliness. Location excellent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Banff, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I ended up staying here for a night because all other hostels were booked. For the price it is the worst hostel I stayed at so far backpacking in Asia. The rooms were dark and musty, the lockers didn't work, bathrooms were dirty and the staff were of no help. The only thing good is the location being closed to Chinatown.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
UK- South East
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We only ended up here because the place we were staying was fully booked!

For near on £7 per person per night it is an absolute rip off! The rooms are so small, 3 of us shared what was supposedly a triple room, we couldn't even place our rucksacks down on the floor! The mattresses were so thin and lumpy and the pillow wasn't much better. Air conditioning just continued to freeze the room, no remote to correct this so that or bake if we turned it off. I don't even know where to begin on the bathrooms, I didn't want to go in them. Didn't eat breakfast as the kitchen looked pretty filthy.
Also there are, I believe the owners children, staying in one of the rooms who run up and down the corridor all day and night which makes loads of noise!
Wifi slow, service average at best.
You can do far better in the area and for cheaper!

• Stayed December 2013
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a few nights here and and we haven't seen any of the pros related in the other reviews. No good service: The guy at the front desk was not helpful at all, not able to answer any simple question. Speaking on the phone in the back, saying "dunno" by a headsign... The rooms are teeny tiny with carpet and a weird smell. AC doesn't work. The kitchen and bathrooms are very dirty, I won't even have a coffee here. Yes there is a "kitchen" but we can't use the fridge (it's locked) so what's the point? Oh and no more bread for breakfast. I know it's cheap but you can find cheap and nice elsewhere!!

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Eclipse Guesthouse? Share your experiences!