“Perfect as usual” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orange Pekoe Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
You added Orange Pekoe Guesthouse to your Saves list
Orange Pekoe Guesthouse
No. 1-1, Jalan Angsoka | Off Jalan Nagasari, Kuala Lumpur 50200, Malaysia (Formerly The Nest)   |
Ranked #2 of 275 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was my second time staying at the nest, this time with my daughter. It was her first time in a foreign country and she thought the nest, and it's location was perfect!
Clean rooms, friendly staff and nice breakfasts.
Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I like the bottom rooms because there are less stairs. But they can be noisier with the reception cl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kyrenite, Owner at Orange Pekoe Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear sub779, thank you for your review! When guests come back and stay with us for a second or third time, it is the biggest compliment we can get. Thanks again for staying with us! Your Nest Team :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The guesthouse is ideally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur with lots of restaurants shops and bars around. Although the guesthouse is located in a very quite street. You can easily get around by gobus or monorail. The hosts are awsome. They helped us to plan our trip through Malaysia, even made reservations for us. The rooms are all new and modern. The whole place is spotlessly clean. I would come back again!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest242, thank you for your review! We want to do everything possible to make sure that our guests have a great time in Malaysia. If that means to help you planning your onward journey, it is our pleasure to do so. Please come again! Cheers, your Nest Team :-)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I found the Nest through Trip Advisor and read through the feedback before booking so I was aware of the location, so on arrival it was no surprise to us that street it was located in looked a bit run down, I would think anyone just stumbling across the Nest would find this a bit off putting but I can say that for our three night stay we did not see any trouble at all.
I can only repeat what others have said about this Guest House that it's a great little place and if I ever pass through K.L. again this would be my first port of call.

Room Tip: Top rooms have least street noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Backtacker, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, your Nest Team :-)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at The Nest for a week on my way to Burma.The location is convenient with easy access to the Free Bus and 2 monorail Stations.
The staff are helpful and friendly without being in any way pushy.
I didnt eat breakfast as local food places have Indian breakfast at very cheap prices and I prefer this but breakfast seemed adequate if you need to eat at The Nest.
People comment on location but I found it safe .
Congratulations to staff and owner for maintaing such a great place .I will be back whenever in Kuala Lum,pur

Room Tip: room 21 is very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ganesha88, thank you for giving us your feedback here on Tripadvisor! We are flattered to get so many nice comments. If anything, this motivates us to work even harder towards providing a great hospitality experience to all our guests. Cheers, your Nest Team :-)
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of the pro for choosing this B and B is its location. Its is strategically located near the monorail station, Raja Chulan. It is also very near the Pavillion building which is a large and trendy shopping centres with great stores and eating choices. You can walk to Pavillion and it will take you about 10-15 minutes. We stayed for four nights in the family room.

So pro:
1) location, near monorail station and shopping centres
2) large room (we booked the family room)
3) secure (the hotel had a locked front door)
4) lots of eatery stalls near the hotel
5) several small stores just a few houses away beside the hotel where you can buy your day to day necessity needs

A note of caution:
1) no lift
2) breakast choices is limited with toast and jam, cereals, banana

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Liked:
I couldn't fault The Nest, it's ideally placed in KL and basically a 2 minute walk from the hawker stall area that has an amazing atmosphere and just another 1 minute walk to many bars and clubs and shopping areas....it's a hidden gem and the staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly.
Disliked:
Nothing whatsoever

• Stayed December 2012
Dear coollager, thank you for your review! A lot of guests are talking about our location. Here is the deal: The Nest is located on a side road close to Bukit Bintang. If you want to stay downtown, you can't get more central. Many. many places are within walking distance, the bus stop of the new and free GoKL bus service is 5 minutes away. Our road is a corner of the Golden Triangle where old buildings have not yet been replaced by posh condos and office buildings. This is the very reason why we can offer budget accommodation in such fantastic location. We believe that the great infrastructure of our neighborhood paired with our feel-good hospitality make a decent package indeed! Cheers, your Nest Team :-)
Tweed Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I spent 3 nights at The Nest in order to brek up a long trip home after a month volunteering is Laos - On the way in from the airport I was advised by the taxi driver to be careful in the dark streets at night ( no problems though as the nearby indian restaurants open late) - First impressions of the street ouside is not good with broken down cars at the front door - However, they must have seen me coming as I was met at the front door and assisted with my bags - Inside was a very pleasant surprise - What was obviously an old building had been fully renovated and was amazingly clean and tidy - The room itself was also very clean - I once worked as a cleaner and I have a habit of running my fingers along the top of a door ( This place passed) - The bed linen was dazzling white and looked as if it had been ironed - The ensuite bathroom was worth the extra cost - It was small - Not much more than a toilet cubicle fitted with a basin and hand held shower - White tiles again gleaming clean- AIr conditioner was silent and worked well - Sleep quality was good - Noise was like any big city but not obtrusive.(keep window shut) - They had what was the best wi-fi I have encountered in Asia or Australia (very fast - I watched the ABC news videos) - The kitchen was neat and clean - Cereal, toast & tea/coffee (more than adequate) - Help yourself and wash up after you.

I walked the nearby streets for 2 days and saw much of KL - KL tower, Petronas Towers, Central market, Chinatown, Bukit Bintang, Saloma restaurant and cultural show - All on foot and dis not feel endangered at all - I found a genuine massage parlour just up the street amongst the bars and nightlife - As a single male I received many offers from some very pretty ladies but this place was genuine and the foot masage was pleasant ( I cannot remember the name but it has a neon sign with the soles of two feet on it - run by a mature age gentleman ) - The street has a mass of night food markets and a multi level BB Plaza at the end

If you want to go further afield the Bukit Bintang monorail station is 10 minutes from "The Nest"

"The Nest" , its staff and the vsitors were all very pleasant - I supect this old area of KL will eventually be taken over by high rise but as there are several renovated guest houses in the street it may survive a while yet - Pity they do not seem to have much heritage protection.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is probably a ggod compromise - Pay the extra for aprivate bathroom
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Orange Pekoe Guesthouse? Share your experiences!