“What more?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“What more?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business trip during November; large and well-furnished bedroom & sitting room, a wide selection of pillows, flat TV in both rooms, clean and well serviced, bathroom with tub & shower corner, free internet, friendly & helpful personnel, and finally good breakfast, all with a reasonable price. What else you need for a comfortable stay? This is certainly the place I will choose for my next stay in KL.
The only disadvantage is hotel location requiring taxi to move around, unless you choose to go to little India, a walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Nabil A
Thank you for your excellent comments and for your support of the hotel during your stay. The breakfast has a vast array of spectacular dishes and for the price paid is indeed well worth while to treat yourself and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back on some near occasion and to your continuing enjoyment.
Ian Hurst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Normally we fly via Dubai, stopping-over on the return journey to Sydney. This time it was Kuala Lumpur's turn with Malaysian Airlines and the 12 hour flight times were just about perfect. Leaving Paris at midday and arriving early [the next] Malaysian, with the body clock telling us it was midnight in Paris … just a long day!
The direct train service between the airport and KL Sentral was very efficient taking just 35 minutes, with a ten minute taxi ride to the hotel.
We had not visited Kuala Lumpur for some six years and it's still not a 'pedestrian friendly' experience, with roads dominating the landscape and pavements below standard, thus emphasising the quite oasis of the hotel. If you are fortunate, enough visit the excellent restaurant and if a cigar smoker the dedicated Cigar Lounge!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear GSirett

Really appreciate your maximum star rating of the hotel and your confidence and support of the services offered by the hotel in its restaurant and its award winning cigar divan, which we believe is the Best in Asia. Sorry about the city, however the public transport on the metro meters away from the hotel takes you to some of the finest and best priced shopping in the world and one must take this opportunity if time permits! The tropical heat does get to most Europeans and walking requires a determined approach, but well worth it, as the hotel is surrounded by tourist attractions, such as the Blue Mosque, the oldest Catholic Cathedral in KL, as well as China Town with all its special offers and the architecture of the near by railway station is a photo opportunity!

Do tell your friends about us and we will ensure the "welcome" and the stay is superb!

Look forward to your return very soon with an opportunity to change your mind on Kuala Lumpur!

Sampit, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on the 12th of november 2013. after arriving from bangkok to the time that it was night, met with check-in staff who do not greet you and no smile at all to you . I showed platinum membership card and hope given the best western policy of check-in staff for a room upgrade for free, but she did not touch my card and only answer "tidak bisa". I stay at furama than a week ago , which I supposedly was not a member, there staff are very welcome and I was given an upgrade in the suite room for free and without me asking ! !
from here I just found out a member best western useless .

atmosphere of the room and the bed was the only positive point .
check-in staff were arrogant, check-out the staff like as student internships and again with no smile at all and do not greet you, an ordinary breakfast, the location of the hotel away from the crowds, I will not stay there again. not surprised to see the facebook page always count on the food in the restaurant and the atmosphere in the pub, rather than his hotel facility

Room Tip: no need to tired to show your membership card, because it is not useful to get a room upgrade for fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wir T

Oh Dear! This is a concern and certainly the expectation in the middle of the night is a warm and friendly welcome. I have discussed this with our team and our management and suggest it was just a "one off occasion". Certainly, I do not pass it off lightly and the Welcome message on arrival should be about friendliness and a 'broad smile of Welcome"! As with the airlines an upgrade is permitted if the upgrade is available. I note that the hotel was at its maximum capacity and therefore the upgrade would not have been possible. I will make a note however for your next visit to seek availability if at all possible.
Appreciate your comments and your feedback.
Yours sincerely
Penang Island, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Staf and Management was rude and unhelpful when i lost my camera at the lobby area. I will now put it as gotten Stolen. Requested immediately to the management for assistance and to check their CCTV but was told i'm not allow to view it and they'll carry out their own investigation. Unfortunately after waited half a day, they called back and answered "we don't know" what happen, yet still would not show me the CCTV as I'm getting really suspicious as to who stole it, could be only 2 possibility as there was only one guest couple and some hotel staff around during that time. Finally that night I went over to the police station and spent 3 hours making a report and thought i was lucky when the Investigation Officer followed me back to Investigate, we were both really curious bout the CCTV. Unfortunately the management of Best western again not only disrespect but block the officer from carrying out his duty and to view the CCTV recordings giving reasons that he will need to wait till the next day to follow some hotel procedures. It really makes me very angry as not only are they not helping and unprofessional but covering up a CRIME is really bad. Till today I'm still in disbelieve as how can an international hotel chain close an eye on this matter or trying to sweep it under the carpet? That's the impression they've given me frankly to say. A big shame to those who tried to ignore my plea to them for assistance and pretend the camera disappeared on it's own. Best Western has a good name to it but if the front line is run by some irresponsible staff, it definitely won't last. IF someone took it, it's STOLEN and it's a crime. Please investigate properly and let the police do their job. Saying "don't know" and ignoring it is so wrong. Show me the CCTV recording, prove my suspicions wrong else shame on you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leeluxian.

Whilst I understand the aggravation caused by the Loss of your Camera in the Hotel Lobby and which must be costly to you in the loss of your photographs as well as the cost of the camera itself, I must very politely confirm the following to you. The hotel has spent considerable time itself in trying to find your camera. Also, you have spent considerable time with the police in asking for assistance suggesting perhaps that some one has taken it and still yet still to be proved. CCTV camera information by law cannot be displayed publicly for privacy reasons. As a hotel we are not permitted to show footage of our guests for privacy reasons. Also we employ security officers to complete this task and this remains in their jurisdiction of responsibility. We were expecting the police to be available to discuss further with you, but they are busy too and arrived yesterday after you had departed, to take a copy of the tape to view further and carry out their own independent investigation.

I'm afraid you have taken the matter too personally and not allowed the investigation authorities to do their job. In fairness the hotel has done its very best to assist you and continues to do its best in assisting the police in its investigations regarding your missing camera left behind by yourself in the lobby of the hotel.

These matters do take time and please allow the authorities the benefit of their experience and the know how to carry out their duties to the best of their ability.

As a hotel we are very sorry you lost your camera in a public area of the hotel. We await the police report and their comment on the matter to ascertain further actions moving forwards.

As a hotel too,we do care and believe we have tried our best to assist you in this matter and will of course continue to do so.

Sincerely

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I checked-in on Nov 9th, and will be leaving today afternoon. During check-in, I was asked to make a deposit of 300RM for the minibar, which I refused since I won't be taking any items from the minibar anyways. The receptionist serving me needs more training in customer service, as she looked annoyed (which I find unacceptable since she is working in a hospitality environment). Upon entering my room (2 bedroom executive suite), I immediately feel comfortable due to its cosiness.

The location is not great though, and the free shuttle is not frequent. Since this hotel is relatively new, many taxis do not know the location (or maybe they don't want to take us to the hotel?).

Breakfast was good for me. And the pool was okay. The view is not something to die for, but it's definately not the hotel's fault.

There's also transfers to several locations, but I was annoyed when they wanted to charge us more than the displayed/published rates (you don't only get ripped off from the local taxis here, but from the hotel too!). So I declined.

My experience in Kuala Lumpur is not really great (I hate the city), but I feel relaxed whenever I get back from exploring this god-forsaken city.

Btw, the staff need to smile more!! Please, if you can't make guests feel welcome, then please don't get into the hospitality industry.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear DaemonChylde

I appreciate your annoyance at being asked for a deposit and especially the receptionist who could have been more welcoming to you. The matter of the check in procedure continues to be discussed appropriately and certainly a welcoming smile is an absolute expectation on arrival. Most hotels around the world do ask for a credit card on check in to cover additional expenses and for those clients who do not carry a card, a cash advance, normally set by the hotel as part of their own internal credit procedures is requested.
Again apologies for any rudeness that might have been inadvertently presented. In Malaysia we are known for our smiles and our welcome.
Please do return and we will make a difference, we promise!
Sincerely
General Manager.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We love to stay hotel during weekend and within our budget. Best Western Premier is our last minute deal after our dinner.

If you are a tourist who love night life it might not be your ideal choice due to its location. The nearest interesting places can't be reach within walking distance. Anyway, this hotel provides shutter service to KLCC, Mid Valley and KL Sentral.

We stayed at a suite room with a spacious living room, comfortable bedroom and clean bathroom. The living room attached with an open-concept of kitchen. The hotel provides some basic facilities like kettle, ice cube container and some tea bags and coffee while the living room is designed by a nice contemporary concept. It is very comfortable to sit back and relax watching TV programs.

The bedroom also equipped with the docker which you can place your iphone 4 to play your love songs while enjoy your own sweet time in bath tub. The bed is so comfortable and provides up to 5 pillows. We had a sweet dream till next day.

The bathroom is open concept as the kitchen without any door to separate the bedroom and bathroom. It has separate bathrooms which is shower bath and bath tub. (bath salt is provided) So, you will feel cold once you walk out from the bathroom due to no door to block air-cond from the bedroom.

One of the disadvantages we found from this hotel is their parking bay. They only open few floors for hotel guests and have to pay at a flat rate RM8 every exit. According to the hotel staffs, it is because they share the parking bay with another organization. Besides, if you are sensitive to sound, you have to think twice due to the noise from LRT even some distance from this hotel.

Actually, i would recommend you to stay here if you will leave next day to airport by KLIA transit. It is very near to the KL Sentral and the room is very comfortable and nice.

Room Tip: Higher floor to enjoy the night view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Menz520
Great comments and very much appreciate your observations. Glad you enjoyed a "dream" sleep with five pillows and the spacious living room. The convenience to KLIA is very much a plus and location with advantages to view some of the key sights of KL is another.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you have recommended us!
Kind regards and look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion!
General Manager.
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed four nights with this hotel. There is nothing much surrounding the hotel in the Brickfields office lots. You could not even get to a supermarket nearby to buy water. The room is clean, has a TV inside and a TV in the lounge. But what is quirky for me is that there are no doors to the actual toilet. It is designed to turn the corner so you get visual privacy but nothing else. Sound will travel to the bedroom if you are doing #1 (even for ladies seated). So if your significant other is in bed and you happen to be doing a #2, the smell will drift into the bedroom area. Exhaust is not effective to draw the smell out - this grosses us out so much. The only door is into the stand "rainshower" bath which is great but there isn't enough space to put the bottles and soap. There is also a (long) bath but no door to this area as well. So if you are planning to share this suite with a stranger, beware of this.
The actual suite is spacious. No cooking facilities but is useful to prepare drinks for guests. It would have been good to have a microwave inside each suite. Housekeeping is uncertain at best : on some days we got free water, on some days, we don't. And on some days we have to ring up for towels. There was a two-seater couch and a working desk/table. I feel an additional chair or two would be good in this area (even if it's a folded chair). One item really lacking is a luggage rack. And you have to put your bag on the floor. Some hoteliers should try and check in and stay in a night or two themselves. Guest parking is sufficient but the ones nearer to the exits are sold to other companies nearby - this works against all principles. Workers park their car office hours but guests do come back at night! Restaurant outlets are nothing to shout about and they do close early. This hotel is full of inbound tourists so if you are going to evade them, please choose elsewhere. The free bus transfer is a gimmick and runs out of space each day we go to the concierge. And the route-timing can abandon you in a mall. The hotel is not near Sentral station no matter what they say - do not believe this.

Room Tip: Your key only allows you to go to your floor, so if you want to call on other friends staying in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Two Six Five Oh

All your comments have been discussed at this mornings management meeting and where the service has been lacking identified with those management team members responsible. It is a Best Western policy to deliver water to the rooms even in excess of the complimentary bottles supplied. So this has been taken up with those responsible. I am really sorry that you didn't', like our award winning Grill Restaurant or our Mediterranean Restaurant Hugos on six with its variety of Spanish, Italian and French dishes and mixed Asian. The Pizzas are really stunning, even if I say so myself! The Malaysian restaurant with its special promotion from North India supplied by an award winning North Indian Chef is very popular with our clients as is our breakfasts hosting some 30 dishes of choice. We really do try hard to please and would look forward to hearing where the dissatisfaction came in! We have purchased an additional bus and along with our other transporter there must be adequate space to take everyone.
I do trust that we can make any amends on your next visit to the hotel and perhaps try to win some favour on your return!
Ian Hurst

Been to Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!