“One of the best staff in Kuala Lumpur” 4 of 5 stars

Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Kuala Lumpur 50470, Malaysia   |
Ranked #32 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Ayamonte, Spain
“One of the best staff in Kuala Lumpur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room 21007, club suite , Very nice and roomy. The staff was so nice, really a very pleasant experience. BUT... The location is a problem. It is not far from kl sentral, 10 minutes, but if raining could be a problem. They have a shuttle.... A few times in the day.
The view of the petronas towers at night from the swimingpool is amazing.
Normaly the views I have from my room were premium and in others hotels you need to pay extra.
If you are a light sleeper , the noise from the trains can be a very big problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Chez 50

I assure you the shuttle does run at least 8 times a day and because of popular demand we will be extending the service soon to take in a broader spectrum and more frequency at busier times of the day. Indeed as mentioned in other comments the views from the pool deck are spectacular. The children love the kiddies pool and Mum and Dad just sit back and relax with a cool drink by their side! Its a great place in the heart of KL and so near to absolutely everything!

I look forward to welcoming you back and the team can serve you even better!

Best wishes

Ian HUrst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Firstly the rooms are very comfortable, spacious and finished to a very high standard. After arrival, I went to the pool area, saw a stunning view of Petronas Towers. My next venture was to Hugo's night club by the pool listening to live music and enjoying some wonderful drinks and cocktails then off to bed. In the morning, breakfast had a fabulous range to offer. In the evening, I ate in house and was surprised at the high standard of the food and the service. After dinner, I walked around the hotel right into the most elaborate cigar room I have ever seen. They even have a cigar maker on site. This was a real experience even though I am not a cigar smoker.
The spa area was well presented and I enjoyed several massage treatments during the stay. The gym is well equipped and well maintained with fresh towels available daily.
The staff were excellent throughout the hotel and attended to my every needs.
I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a city view. The higher the better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Theo P
The hotel has really appreciated your comments especially the associates who have been in the forefront of giving you an outstanding experience. It really does support the morale and the motivation to see that we got absolutely everything right for you and that you appreciated all the services offered. Should you wish to book again with the hotel, I will ensure a higher floor is provided, especially the views overlooking the 'Twin Towers" which is nearly everyone's favourite!
We look forward to welcoming you back again. I look forward to placing your comments along with the other comments on the associate notice board for their feed back!
Sincerely
Lincoln, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's easiest to share my thoughts on this hotel as a series of impressions in the order I had them:
Taxi pulls up - Wow, it's snuggled between a building site and a spaghetti of monorail, highways and flyovers.
Enter reception - That's good; I'm early but I can check in already.
Step out of lift - Blimey, everything stinks of cigarette smoke.
Enter room - This isn't the basic room I booked, this is a suite with a living room, kitchen area, huuuuuuge bed and swanky bathroom.
Continue to look around room - Why doesn't the bathroom have a door? Thank goodness I'm on my own.
On returning to room after first day out - It looks like my towels have been replaced, despite the fact that I hung them up to conserve the environment, as requested. Why haven't my teabags and water been replenished?
On returning to room after second day out - My room hasn't been touched. Not cool.

It took me a note, several 'phone calls and a face to face conversation with the hapless chap who came to my room to get the teabags that I wanted (just normal bloomin' breakfast tea and some decaffeinated ones, which I knew they had because there were some in the room when I arrived). Odd for a hotel which sells itself on a premier level of service.

The spa is lovely and good value - there's 40% off for guests between 10am and 1pm which is ridiculously good. The pool's nice and the view of KL from the poolside is lovely. The shuttle service is useful too. Location's not the greatest, but KL is quite sprawling anyway so depending on where you want to go and what you want to see it's in as good a place as any.

So it's a mixed bag of a hotel - service isn't the luxury that they seem to be aspiring to but it's pretty darned nice anyway. It was the nicest hotel I stayed in on a trip round Malaysia and Singapore and I would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Flupert
Appreciate the feed back. We do have a choice of tea bags and teas of various flavours are provided. The flyovers and other carriageways do appeal to some of our guests and suggest in some cases its like Sydney or Dubai with their monorail and flyovers! The room cleaning on the second day without any service is not acceptable. The matter has been identified at this morning's briefing with the management team. So glad you appreciated the pool and the Spa. The team is known for its healing powers' having a client return again and again for that reason alone.
Thank you indeed for the comments and your patronage. Look forward to ensuring the support is fully manifest on your next visit.
Best wishes
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed with family for 5 nights. Got a rate of RM 198 via hotel website. Our rooms were fair sized and comfortable. They had great city view especially of illuminated city towers at night. Toilet and bath areas cubicles. Thoughtful do nto disturb or make up room indicators - room cleaning crew did a greta job during our stay. Free wi-fi. Hotel offers shuttle to KL central and helps flag down taxis. Nice pool with wading pool area for children. Good fitness center and spa. Did not try hotel dining. Dash across highway spur in front of hotel and turn left for a 1/2 mile walk to local restaurants and metro line.

Room Tip: Down side of city view is that the metro track is on the same side below and can be noisy especiall...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Doc_joe_NY
We really appreciate your comments and the recognition of the hotel for its location, services and nearness to local restaurants and facilities. China Town is only ten minutes walk away and provides a major attraction for some of our guests, especially as you walk past the 18th centaury railway station and the Main City Mosque and the Roseary Cathedral built in the late 18th centaury! Quite a landmark for the area!
We look forward to your next return and 'Thank you' for your patronage.
By the way our restaurant are fantastic value too!
Kind regards and safe travels.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked for a night for a birthday surprise for my friend. Had dinner at the restaurant and the staff were helpful and fantastic about cooperating my surprise preparations. The singing waiters were awesome. The room was clean and nice. However during the time we had swimming in the pool the Pakistani security guard was staring at us constantly and it was an uncomfortable feeling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Psalm_Rian
Thank you so much for your generous praise of the team in the restaurant who made your birthday wishes come true and gave you an awesome rendition of "Happy Birthday". I sincerely hope they remain and don't become famous super stars! The matter of the security guard has been taken of directly
Please do come back to the hotel soon and look forward to welcoming you for your next birthday!
Sincerely
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was extremely disappointed by my recent stay in this hotel. I am more disappointed to say that I left written feedback at the time, specifically requested a reply and, a week later, still have had no contact from the hotel regarding the issues of my stay. I would have much preferred to discuss these issues directly with hotel management but they apparently can't be bothered to reply.

Positives - good sized rooms, comfortable beds, reasonable speed for the free wifi, decent buffet breakfast with helpful kitchen staff, a pleasant meal in the bar with friendly staff in the evening

Negatives -

1) Completely ignored by the doorman / bell staff on arrival. I don't mind having to unload baggage from the taxi myself but do object to struggling through the heavy front door with 3 bags while they watch.

2) On check in, my reservation appeared to have been lost, not that the person at the desk was going to tell me what the problem was. Despite walking directly to a check in desk, it took over 15 minutes to check in (I've found the average for most hotels is around 3 minutes). I'd made the booking directly through the Best Western website and handed them a copy of the confirmation email so there's certainly no excuse. They also had trouble copying my passport when the copier appeared to be jammed. Rather than just writing down the numbers etc I had to stand there while they ran around trying to fix it.

3) Having been travelling all day, I went to the pool area / Hugo's to have a very late lunch. I helped myself to a towel from behind the unattended desk, then got directions to the poorly labelled change rooms from another guest.There were no keys in the lockers so I was unable to leave my things but had to bring them back to the pool area with me. I helped myself to a menu from the (still unattended) desk, at which point someone finally came to take my order. It then took close to 30 minutes for the steamed dumplings to arrive.

4) The entire time I was at the pool there were several staff members (4-5 at different times) standing in the doorway to Hugo's, chatting. The only person who actually appeared to be watching the guests was the lifeguard (who was efficient and not afraid to pull some children up for dangerous behaviour). When I was ready to leave, it was impossible to get anyone's attention to get a bill, despite them all standing there. At no point after the food had arrived had anyone come to ask if I'd like anything else, including a refill of my juice (which was already almost empty by the time the dumplings finally arrived). I eventually gave up and walked up to the staff in the doorway to request the bill. I then stood in the doorway for over 5 minutes while they fetched it. How long does it take to print a docket?

5) It was advertised at reception, and again in the room, that there would be live music in the bar that evening. I changed my plans to eat dinner there and listen to the music - only to find that it had apparently been cancelled, not that there was any sign or notification. When I asked the barman he didn't know either but confirmed that, yes, there was supposed to be something on as far as he knew but that no one had turned up. By then, it was too late to change plans again and go out to listen to some live music in town like I'd originally planned so I missed out on my evening. A sign apologising for the cancellation would have been nice.

6) The bathrooms are a reasonable size, or they would be if they'd been designed well. As it is, they've managed to make what should be a spacious area, if set out like a traditional hotel bathroom, into an astonishingly squashed one. By putting the shower and toilet into separate 'rooms' whose doors swing out into the bathroom/basin area, the basin area becomes tiny. Privacy is also lost. If I have a guest in my room for a meeting, I don't want them seeing my toothpaste and toiletries.

7) On returning to my room after dinner, my previously unblocked toilet was blocked and disgusting (use your imagination), with flow from somewhere up the pipe coming into my toilet and getting very close to overflowing. Obviously, again, poor design. What's worse, however, is that I requested someone come and clear it and was told it would be done immediately. It wasn't so I called again after half an hour. Someone showed up within 10 minutes after the second call and cleared up, but I'm afraid I find that generally disgusting and it should have been done immediately as it was a serious health hazard.

8) Check out was as disorganised as check in. Part way through doing my check out the receptionist walked away to another desk where he started helping another group of people who'd just arrived. This was done without any comment or apology to me. A gentleman (who I think was with the bell / doormen) saw that I was getting annoyed and tried to explain that he was having trouble with my check out and went to try and fix it at a different counter. As the receptionist never said that to me and, as far as I could see had put aside my check out to deal with the other group, I appreciate his tact but don't believe it. Like check in, check out took much too long. I was told what the cost was but had to specifically request a printed copy of the invoice to check.

Overall, a highly disappointing stay. In reality, any one of these things I could have ignored as being something that just happens sometimes. But, when they're all added together, it becomes extremely unprofessional. In general, I've found Best Western hotels to always provide a good, solid standard of service and facilities. This hotel totally lets down the Best Western brand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BWP2Sentral, Resident Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Ms. Judy,

Please accept our sincere apologies on the delay in replying to your comments.

We were very disappointed to note that you had such a negative experience with us.

Please note that we at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral, Kuala Lumpur are striving to ensure that all our guests have the most positive experience when staying with us.

Your constructive feedback will allow us to concentrate on the areas that still needs improvement.

We trust that you will give us an opportunity to stay with us the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Ravi Firdaus, Mr.
Resident Manager
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We are glad to stay in such marvelous hotel. We stay in the two bed room suites for two days. Nice reception, large suite and bathroom, and comfortable bedroom. we really enjoy anytime during staying in the hotel. In the afternoon, relaxing in the pool together with my children, swimming, enjoy the sunset, and the changing view of KL tower and Petronas building, is really magnificent experience. The hotel location is also near KL sentral which is the hub to go anywhere in Kuala Lumpur include going to Airport. When we just arrived at the hotel, we also get free hotel shuttle service to KL sentral, make life easy for the first timer at Kuala Lumpur. The hotel rate is also good value for money.
However, despite of the short distance between Hotel and KL sentral, the walk way to Hotel is quiet beside the fast road, we still don't brave enough to walk at night. The road around hotel is also the main road in Kuala Lumpur, it is busy and full of fast vehicles. So we need to be careful when walking around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Selina,

Thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor.

It always gives us a great feeling when our guests expectations are met or exceeded.

We trust that you will be back to stay with us soon and look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral, Kuala Lumpur soon.

Best regards

Ravi Firdaus, Mr.
Resident Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!