“GREAT STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Furama Bukit Bintang

You added Furama Bukit Bintang to your Saves list
Furama Bukit Bintang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136, Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia   |
Special Price
EXTRA 10% OFF & FREE WIFI
Ranked #48 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Doha, Qatar
“GREAT STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent a few days @ the Furama Hotel, the staff were all warm & welcoming. Lost my handbag with credit cards & id.. My hubby was contact by the Manager - Rita, who informed him the bag was found. I have received my bag with contents, only due to Rita's great help & constant updates via emails. I would like to extend my gratitude to Rita for the great services & other staff members who assisted. This mail of gratitude sounds simple, but i could not express what this has meant to me and it has made me believe in human kindness again, Thank you all, Regards Dina

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Ms Dina,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang. Feedback from our guests is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are very delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments about the hotel, in particular of our associates are much appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team at the hotel.

I am sure they will serve as a further source of inspiration for us, in achieving even higher standards of excellence in the future. Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and patronage

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Furama Bukit Bintang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the deluxe room and it was not too bad. Iron, hair dryer and every necessities were provided for. Hotel was near Berjaya Time Square and there was a stretch of food stalls nearby so if you want something different other than the mundane hotel breakfast, you can always give it a try.

The negative part will be that the service provided by the staff at the reception sucks. And the room that we were in was not facing the petronas and all the city lights but the back alley :/

overall, it was still a pleasant trip!

Room Tip: The staff only issued one key card to us, so you might like to request for 2 key cards just in case
Dear Mr / Ms Jingxuan,

Warmest greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang!

We thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

We trust that you had an enjoyable stay with us except for the encounter with the front desk service that we will definitely look into it for improvements.

We have noted your comments regarding your preferred view of the Petronas twin towers which we will put in on high priority for your future visit. As this request is on a high demand it will depend very much on the run of the house (if rooms are available for this particular view)

We certainly look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Seria, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked our stay through Asiarooms.com, however there were some problems over our booking that the receptionist could not get through. However, the receptionist was very flexible enough so she gave me a premier deluxe room at a higher rate. Check in and out were easy peasy and staffs are very very friendly! They're always happy to serve you 24/7, thumbs up! Our room was very clean! Furthermore, the selection for breakfast buffet was fabulous! I look forward to their breakfast every morning! There were only two problem during our stay. First, you need to wait for quite a long time to catch the lift! And second, I experienced blackout twice. Swimming pool was quite small but okay. Overall, this hotel is good given it's price and service quality.

Dear Ms Jesmine,

Warmest greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang!

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on your recent visit.

While I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us, I was concerned that we failed to exceed your expectation and to make your stay more memorable by creating this "WOW" feeling. I would also like to apologize again about any inconvenience caused during the blackout. It was learn that the cable in your room has tripped and the maintenance team manage to rectify it on their second attempt.

We were operating at a maximum occupancy during your stay that resulted to the lifts being occupied during breakfast time as well as departure hour.

As we are constantly looking at ways to impress our guests, therefor your feedback is a valuable tool for our improvements.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice modern clean hotel, professional staff, nice breakfast food.

Breakfast does get a bit busy though.

The outdoor pool is lovely but small. Catches the sun as well which was great.

Location - good...and not so good! Quite close to Berjaya Times Square and the monorail which is great (about a 5 min walk)....but like most places in Kuala Lumpur the pavements are broken and grubby.

Overall - I recommend this hotel, good solid 4 star.

Oh, forgot the room! Yep, lovely room with separate lounge and bedroom. Really nice.

Room Tip: We were there August 2012 and there were building works outside, so the higher up the better!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr John,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us at Furama Bukit Bintang.

I was pleased to learn that you appreciated the prompt and efficient service provided by the associates in the hotel and we would like to thank you for your kind recommendations to others.

The team of Furama is certainly looking forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Tehran, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

positives:
clean rooms.
good breakfast.
good recipients.
near to city center and Times Square.
calm for sleep.

negatives:
no guide to show room,usage of elevator, safety boxes,...
no one to help and carry our luggage.
waiting a lot for elevators.
bad view of city from our window. (view of old and dirty buildings)
no proper slippers for using in the bathroom. (there were just towel slippers)!
no toothbrushes.
no hair dryer.
no Iron. (or we didn't find!)
dishonest tour guidance. (the real ticket price of aquarium was half of what they had told us)
no free wireless in rooms or lobby. (you have to pay for internet)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you've enjoyed our comfy clean rooms and improved breakfast variety at Spices restaurants.

However I was concerned over the fact that we failed to meet your expectations on our luggage service and I would like to sincerely apologize for our team member who wasn't attentive enough to your requests.

With regards to your comment on unavailable toothbrush, hairdryer, and iron we do provide such service but that will be upon request and one should dial housekeeping for delivery (for superior room category) All our rooms comes with free internet and for deluxe category and above WiFi is complimentary.

Once again thank you for your comments, and we are certainly looking forward in welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's located in the outer of Jalan Bukit Bintang, and your taxi driver will easily catch this hotel name, so it's not a new or difficult one. When you arrive in Kuala Lumpur Airport, make sure you check what kind of taxi that you like according to your need since they have different price depending how many passengers and luggge you have and of course beside the area (which is this one here is called Changkat Thambi Dolah Area). Please make sure you re check and aware of what you are asking or doing. The taxi rate is approximately like from MYR70-100 something and currency of exchange in airport is so low, better you change it at Money Exchange or locally said Pengurup Uang for better rate (1MYR=USD2.8 as of this date).

We stay at this hotel because we had situation with our apartment which located next to this hotel side by side. So we drag our suitcases and first impression, no one is there to greet or offer me for assistance for my suitcases, NO BODY, they are all busy chatting each other in their cubicle inside the hotel, very sorry to say this but this is the fact. You can only find over 10peoples outside which they are all the taxi drivers offering you the service, nor just security that pretty much won't do anything for you. Bang, my impression falls right there at the first sight.

Now, when we are at lobby, here we are, this is what I am going to tell everyone, this is what we call Positively Outrageous Service. So this man named Syalwari, he can't find my booking that made thru www.hotels.com , oh my... I had this experience before and it's a total chaos and now it happens again. Ok..., there is nothing that the hotel can do until I got this done from hotels.com And I begin to promise myself, not again..not again to make a booking thru www.hotels.com . Trust me, when this thing happen, you won't get any service expect to create new reservation and just pay there. So Mr.Syalwari shows me his up above and beyond service, although he gave me hotels.com customer service number, and he knows since I show him my Ipad about this hotel confirmation and he finally calls hotels.com and informed that system won't transmit the reservation to this hotel. OK.. and whose to blame?
While I am waiting at lobby, having some drinks and Syalwari does everything he can to help me, from the courtesy internet that he offers so he can see what I am saying is the truth.
And the staff at lobby lounge, 2 of those girls are so nice and polite and charming, the way they talk are so proffesional (forgot what their names). So finally Syalwari calls me and he said me due to this inconveneince, he upgraded me to Suite Room. It's very nice of him to do extra miles for me and the family. Furama Hotel needs to know that he is outstanding, because why? the rest of my stay experiencing not the same service like he offered me. Syalwari, you are awesome and keep your chin up, and show your colleagues that you can make the difference. And stays that way , don't change!!!.

Allrighty, next observation...
While I am trying to go to Bell Boy area and want to leave my bags there, and arrogantly this Bell Boy ask me, what's your room number, I said I don't have one, the reply is, Only with room number, so I said, I haven't got one and I pointed Syalwari, he will tell you once he assigns one for me. Oh Lordie, really guys? When I saw them grouping and chit chating each other won't care to customer around them, for me that's a total waste for business.

So I finally got my room set up and now, although the room is upgraded but originally I have superior room so my WiFi is not free. This is the other thing that you might want to consider if you stay in Kuala Lumpur and check for the room, and make sure you know if the WiFi is free or not, especially if you are in business and need it constantly, meanwhile you do not have a laptop with you that can use LAN system (whch is free in your room). Why I say this, because WIFI fee is not cheap. 2hours for 10MYR (1USD=2.925MYR as of this date) and 12hours for 30MYR., so if your room is cheap and you will get knocked out by the WiFi fee, so make sure you check how much the room, is it including breakfast or no, is there any Free WiFi or just LAN in the room? Then you can decide which suites you according to your budget. So, even I got upgraded but the service will be your original type of room... , like low cost carrier, it's cheap fare but nickel and dime everything else.

It's LGBT friendly.

Now at the room, the carpet seems tired and you can smell right away. That's need to be changed tho. The bed, here is another thing, The bed is hard as a brick, I am not a total firm bed fans. In the morning when I woke up, my back hurt and my stomach become bloated and headache because of it and I can't sleep at all one nite of my stay due to the bed is not comfortable at all. The AC makes noise too tho.
The toiletries are nice from Crab & Evelyn, and the shower, every morning when I take shower around 5:30am, the water has no pressure and No Warm Water and only cold available, brrrrr..
The rest in the room are pretty basic, which there is refrigerator and safety deposit available for no charge. The housekeeping apparently keep their great work around the room and doing his great job done every other day.

Now, the restaurant...
No greeting, nothing, I show up and questioned, Your Room Number...???
OK.., then I find my own table and guess what, no body attends you for asking you coffee or tea that I prolly like, and I look around only Milk and Skim Milk available but no coffee nor tea bags are available nor hot water around the table.
I like the variety of the food but the only thing that need to be addressed, seems the food are not wam at all, even the noodle soup, that soup not even warm.

Remember, that you need to slide in your key in the elevator when you want to go to your floor. Otherwise nothing happen..lol, and you don't get advised for this tho...

So, there is nothing that I feel proud of that Trip Advisor sticker was there with this kind of service renderred. I am not sure why Trip Advisor gave that seriously...., after experiencing this basic things during my stay. I can tell everyone loudly now that not everyone that works here is pleasant and nice. Ignorant that's the word. Instead, I am asking myself now, is Trip Advisor now giving away things??? For the $$$ amount that you spend and having this kind of service are not worth, sorry.

Room Tip: Ask the reception or concierge, please show me my room....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Firstly thank you for having taken the time to raise your concerns and most regrettable experience and please accept our sincere apologies for any unintentional inconvenience caused to you during your stay here with us.

Regarding the lack of service from the porters, we are sorry that they were inattentive during your arrival process and I have personally spoken to the Front Office Manager as well as the Chief Concierge as your case holds the utmost concern to us. The team have been counseled accordingly to ensure that the necessary measure have and will continue to be taken to ensure such incidences will not reoccur in the future.

We are also sorry that your dinning experience at our breakfast room did not meet with your expectations and again these were the lack in service standard and it's no excuse which has also been addressed.

On the other hand, we are glad to hear that Mr Syalwari has exceeded your expectations and this is certainly a role model to all our associates. In addition with that the lounge hostess were also happy to hear that they have made your stay a pleasant one.

We sincerely hope this will not deter you from selecting Furama Bukit Bintang when you next decide on your choice of venue and that you will reconsider visiting us in the near future.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

From a girl point of view, I like that it is located within walking distance from Berjaya Times Square, because I can shop there. It takes about 10 mins through small alleys across the hotel. But it is a bit far from the main entertainment centers, like the clubs and bars. The hotel looks quite new, or recently renovated. The rooms are pretty basic. It is simple and clean. Few things that you need to put in consideration before staying here are:
- They don't have smoking room
- No free wifi in the room, but its available in the public areas
- The pool is not that big and it's located in the restaurant area, which made it a bit too crowded and lacking of privacy
- I think it was quite noisy even when you are in the room. You can hear clearly people walking, or slamming the door
- the hot water didn't flow constantly (at least in my room it didn't)
Other than those, the breakfast buffet was ok. They have enough selection, but lacking of egg stations. So you'll have your eggs pre-made, which made it less appetizing. The food was edible, but not that great though. I would definitely choose to eat out for breakfast. Overall, I think the hotel was okay. Nothing great about it and I won't recommend this hotel to friends. Well, I guess if you're just looking for a place to sleep then it hotel will do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Ms Anggun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. Feedback from our guests is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are very delighted to learn on your positive comments about the hotel, and these are much appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team at the hotel.

We at Furama, promotes a smoke free hotel thus smoking rooms are not available. Should one needs to take a puff, it can be done on the exterior part of the hotel where ashtrays are provided. The hotel provides free internet but as for wifi service, it is free from deluxe rooms category onwards. For Superior room wifi is chargeable. I've noted on the hot water consistency occurred at your room which the engineering team has attended to it and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Ms Anggun, the your feed backs are a source of inspiration for us, in achieving even higher standards of excellence in the future. Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and patronage.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Furama Bukit Bintang on your next to Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards,

Furama Bukit Bintang

Been to Furama Bukit Bintang? Share your experiences!