“Nice budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sentral Pudu

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sentral Pudu to your Saves list
Hotel Sentral Pudu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 310, Jalan Pudu, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #90 of 261 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
“Nice budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Sentral Pudu in September 2011. Putting it short - it's a nice budget hotel with good location, worth staying.
Rooms are basic but tastefully decorated. The hotel in general looks very modern. It's 10 minutes walk to the shopping center (Berajaya Times Square), 15 minutes walk to the subway and monorail and 8-20 minutes (depending on road traffic) by taxi to KL Sentral.
Breakfast was good, but it would be nice to see a larger selection of western food.
About the shortcomings. Living on the 12th floor, sometimes we had to wait long for the elevator - one of only two elevators at the time of our visit was being repaired. The room had a weak Wi-Fi signal, and we had to talk on Skype in the hallway :) But despite that hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a week Wi-Fi signal
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, August 24, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral.

Besides, thank you for pointing to us the issue in regards of the breakfast foods and the internet connection / WiFi. We had addressed the issue and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
surat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I went there with my 18 students during an educational visit to Malaysia. Hotel is quite good. Breakfast they serve is good too. The only thing required in breakfast is variety of food on veg section. We reached there at 9 in the morning. The check in time was 2 PM. I requested for 1-2 rooms for my students so that they can get fresh. First they did not agree to my guide's request. Requesting upon again and again by my self they allotted 2 rooms. Later on when again requested, they did room cleaning again as the room was dirty due to the usage by so many students. We had all together a great time staying in this hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you and your students enjoyed the location and enjoyed the stay with us at Hotel Sentral.

It is good to know that your requirement has been graciously contented and our staffs are helpful enough to assist.

We await you and your students to return as our esteemed guest on the next trip.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed at Sentral Pudu May/June 2012. This is a good budget hotel. Clean,comfortable and good value for money.
A 10 minutes walk to Berajaya Times Square and a 15 minutes walk to Bukit Bintang (near royal bintang hotel).
Breakfast consist of Asian and a few western dishes (not many western dishes). Food sometimes took a little time to be replenished. The restaurant where breakfast is served is a little small so limited seating capacity.
Rooms are clean and comfortable but a little basic. No swimming pool and fitness center.
The hotel has only 2 categories of rooms.. Standard and deluxe. Triple rooms are bigger so request a bigger room.
Some staff at the hotel were a little rude but some were very helpful!

Room Tip: Triple standard rooms are sometimes bigger than deluxe rooms. especially in the corners.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, July 2, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Besides, thank you for pointing to us the issue in regards of the breakfast foods and the unfriendly staffs. We had addressed the issue and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

Galle, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were at SP from 28th to 31st at 1105 & 1110. It was a nice pleasent experience. Rooms are cozy & comfortable, breakfast is good and staff are helpful esp the front desk & bell boys.
BUT It will be good if someone can teach restuarant staff to smile and greet the customers without having usual Malaysian frowning & non friendly, non smiling faces.
but don't go for the trip organizing desk and don't get the hotel staff to arrange cabs for you.

all in all the hotel is good and worth staying

Room Tip: get a room from an upper floor so you can have a better view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, July 2, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Besides, thank you for pointing to us the issue in regards the unfriendly staffs. We had addressed the issue and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed with my family on return from genting highlands. This place is very decent and the staff is responsive. They have a lavish spread of breakfast and the resturant is very good. This place is close to Bukit Bintang the shopping centre. We had problems locating the place as there is another hotel by this name and also they have a monorail station by this name called "Pudu Sentral". I suggest avoid "china town" for shopping. It is full of crooks and very cheap people. We had a bad experience here. They sell all fake stuff and charge you a BOMB!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, May 31, 2012

Murcia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is well situated and not so far away from the city centre by foot. The slight drawback is that there is considerable raod works and construction in the vicinity but this does not distract from the hotel.
The room was spacious, clean and tidy and was more than expected.
The reception staff were brilliant, they were so informative about places to go and see and not like other hotels they negotiated a correct price with the local taxis.
Keep up the good work and I would return there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, April 27, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. It is also a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share to all my colleague and staff.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here on February 2 - 5 for 3 nights. And all I could say is, THIS HOTEL IS AWESOME!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND WORTH EVERY PENNY YOU PAID FOR IT.

Pro: At first I wasn't so sure about this hotel when I first looked at the building from afar, but after I entered the hotel I was astonished. The interior was amazing and cozy, the internet was VERY speedy, the front desk was unbelievably friendly, the security guard helped me to look for a cab and even negotiated for me to get the best price.

The lifts have opposite-mirrors accent, it was kind of interesting. In the hallway, the lightnings were neat and soft yet bright, every single detail was modern and really homey and luxury. I can't even believe this was actually a 3 stars hotel and the rate is so reasonable!

First impression just right after I entered my room? INCREDIBLE! Very clean, very bright, very pleasant temperature, very modern, very good. I love the concept that the bathroom was using the tempered glass so it gave a modern feel to the bathroom, and the air circulation of the bathroom was really good so the bathroom was completely odourless. The shower, LOVE IT! That was the most pleasant showering experience I've ever have. The heat, the pressure, all of them were just right. There was even a hairdryer at the sink.

The bed is awesomely comfy and really gave me a 5 star sleeping experience, the pillow was so squishy. The TV was LCD TV. I'm in love with the incredibly big window, it gave a very beautiful view and brighten my room even more. There were 2 couches and a small round table that I could use to surfing the internet via notebook and eating.

The Wi-Fi! Oh-so-freakin-sweet. They were SPEEDY, I could download the 27 MB Angry Birds on my Android tablet on just a blink! This was what stole my heart most. Speedy internet access.

Once again, the ambient homey feeling and the cozy lightning ruled it all. I've never slept in a hotel with such homey and cozy and pleasant feelings. It was like I could sleep worry-free. Oh and once again, the amazing service. I forgot to close my door and lock it, then in the middle of the night I heard someone knocking my door, it's the hotel employee that woke me up and gave me a reminder to close the door. Thank god there was such great service, a hotel that cared about the guests most! What else could you ask for?

The hotel restaurant has a very modern feel, and the foods were tasty. I can't complain about anything, because everything in this hotel felt just right!

Con: I tried to call the Room Service to order some foods, but there was no answer. I wonder if the restaurant closed already?

Note: I shared my awesome hospitality experiences at this Hotel Sentral Pudu on the Twitter, A LOT. Then, the account of Hotel Sentral Pudu mentioned me, greeted me, and said that they were very thankful and hope that someday I would go back there. Oh man, you don't have to ask me to do that. I WOULD DEFINITELY COME BACK HERE WHENEVER I VISIT KL! :)

I even recommended this hotel to my travel agent when I was on Student Exchange Programme on KL ;p

Room Tip: The room is cozy and bright, even the cheapest one is spacious.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, April 20, 2012

Thank you and best regards.

Been to Hotel Sentral Pudu? Share your experiences!