“Trek away from the shops and up the dragon's back!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: OpenSkyUnlimited brings you to trails with breathtaking scenery of mountains, beautiful waterfalls, pristine and clear river streams near Kuala Lumpur. A choice of 1-hour hikes to waterfalls, or 2 to 8-hour hikes up a mountain, trails are less than 2-hour drives from Kuala Lumpur City. Of course, every hike is different, from terrain to landscapes to scenery and even sounds you will hear. Those who enjoy trails may also choose trails with waterfalls, camping, rock-climbing, abseiling or river-trekking. Trips are guided by chatty & experienced guides with Wilderness First Responder qualifications.
Sydney, Australia
“Trek away from the shops and up the dragon's back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently went on the Dragonback trek with my girlfriends. This trek has a bit of everything to cater for the fitness junkies and the average person who is keen for a challenge. The trek involves walking on steep terrain; climbing trees and rock climbing..all within a picturesque view of the city on one side and Mother Nature on the other.
Amos was a fantastic guide! He was chatty; a great photographer with an eye for detail; the helping hand when you struggle; he is passionate about the great outdoors and stocked with every essential you may need from mosquito repellant; fruit; energy drinks and even your personal change room!!
After the trek, Amos drove us to a local eatery to pig out on local dishes. We learnt a lot about KL and it's culture..and even finished off our meal with some musang king (durian)!!
I would highly recommend this tour!!! It was a great way to spend the morning and was without a doubt one of my more memorable moments of the trip! I would definitely book another trek next time I'm in town!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“BEST experience of Malaysia!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

For those of you who love the outdoors...you'll LOVE the dragonback trek!!!

For the ones who haven't done much hiking/trekking, but is up for the challenge and isn't afraid to get a bit sweaty...you'll LOVE the dragonback trek just as much!!!

My friends and I spent 4 days in KL, Malaysia and had booked this trek a couple of weeks back whilst planning our trip and I am so glad we did! It was the best part of our trip!!!

Amos had arrived right on time to pick us up from our hotel. Straight away, he made us feel comfortable and we knew we were going to have a fantastic day! He is extremely passionate about the outdoors and is extremely knowlegable about the Malaysian culture. He was organized and came with snacks, mosquito repellent and even had a pop-up tent for us to change in! He's probably the best guide I've ever come across! Not to mention his awesome photography skills!!!

The trek itself was everything I could ask for: tree climbs, challenging steep ascents and descents, beautiful scenic views, varying terrains, and even basic rock climbing!!! As an outdoor fanatic, the dragonback trek in combination with Amos' guide was exactly the type of activity I was after! There is only so much shopping and eating you can do in Malaysia until they become a bit daunting!

I would definitely recommend this trek to anyone who wants to experience a different side of Malaysia! I look forward to coming back one day and doing one of the longer treks in with Amos!!!

I know a lot of you reading these reviews would think they're a bit of an exaggeration, but they're not...the trek really was THAT AWESOME!!! You'd be missing out if you didn't do it!!

Thank you so much Amos for showing us a great time and for all the mad photos!!! They're definitely going up in frames in my house!!!

Makati
23 attraction reviews
“You wouldn't wanna miss the #1 Outdoor Activity in KL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We booked the DragonBack Trek in such a short notice and Amos was still able to accommodate us. He was so kind and prompt in all my requests. Don't worry if you forgot to bring your poncho, headlamps, gloves or even snack, he's got it all :) He even got a pop-up changing room which is soooo cool :)) Also, don't worry to miss a pose 'cause he'll capture it like a photographer.

After the trek we went to a local mamak restaurant and there's the second part of the tour. He introduced us to the local food and way of eating while having breakfast.

I highly recommend booking a tour with them. We'll definitely book another when we go again to KL. I'd say this is the best part of our stay in KL.

Manila, Philippines
“One of My Best Climbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is our first international climb and first Dragonback trek. I've never thought climbing would be this convenient. We left some of our stuff in his car which was helpful. We are provided with headlamps, gloves, food and a lot of information about the Ridge and Kuala Lumpur. This was very helpful for tourist like us. Amos gave us excellent tips on how to tackle each obstacle. Definitely recommended for beginners as well as intermediate climbers. We learned a lot of trekking techniques considering we have already climbed a few mountains in our country.

Merbes-le-Chateau, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
“Yeah, Good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Keep in mind though..Amos is a mine of information, and absolutely loves what he does..

Thus said, he is an annoying reminder as to how we could all just have a fun and successful life, if we all just did what we were passionate about.. Think about it.

I'm a swimming instructor in Australia..and we are an overpriveledged society, with National Parks and an Environmental awareness governing our use of our lands and our resources..

The waterfall trek was wonderful - but I still saw rubbish and human nonsense - logging and the like.. Malaysia is too small to to let themselves be used as a Natural Resource!! Bad and wrong Malaysia, bad and wrong..

Do yourself a favor, and while visiting Malaysia, let Amos and Kevin show you their country..

They know what they are doing, and they have a decent heart/plan..or Amos does - haven't met Kevin - but have enough faith in Amos to support his business plan..

Go open sky unlimited..Go!!

Visited October 2013