“Awesome out-of-KL-but-in-KL experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Awesome out-of-KL-but-in-KL experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My bf surprised me with an overnight trip here and I tell you, it is amazing. If you discount the slight construction noise going about, this place is heaven! You'd feel like you were in a resort in Bali! Service were EXCELLENT. Towels not collected and the pool but delivered to your sunbed. Lots of sunbeds surrounding the pool. After lazing around for a bit, there was a free mineral water as well as some fruits, all complimentary! Staffs try their best to be unobtrusive. Totally fantastic interior design. Breakfast was just what I wanted to feel like a pampered princess... What a memorable holiday!

Room Tip: There are rooms with direct pool access
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I spent only one day in Villa Samadhi unfortunately in May 2012. We had been to Vietnam and had also spent one night in Traders to see the Towers. Villa Samadhi has the best service of practically any place I have been. It was fantastic. The food was also excellent. The pool was beautiful. It was wonderfully private. The staff are incredibly freindly, helpful and genuine people. We loved it. The room was in a rustic Asian style and really comfortable (highest bed I've ever been on). I can't wait to get back to this lovely, boutique style hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My gf and I spent a night at Villa Samadhi to celebrate my birthday. It was an amazing experience, splendid room and great service.

The breakfast at mandi was scrumptious and the in room Jacuzzi et al was beyond expectation.

Little offs I would suggest to the Samadhi team is to properly clean the pool (the water was a bit slimy).

Regardless of the pool, I did enjoy my stay at Villa Samadhi.

Cheers,
Laurent

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My hubby surprised me with this Part 1 of 10 of our honeymoon! :D

Superbly located in the lush greeneries of the U-Thant area, we really enjoyed its promixity to malls, gardens and food whilst coming "home" to some tranquil at the end of a hectic day.

Cherie, the resident manager was ever so attentive and ensured we were comfortable with our Sarang (Nest) and immediately took all necessary steps to provide the peace and quiet we went there for.

As I wasn't too happy with the location of our Sarang (next to the road and an electricity hut), we roughly re-arranged the mattress into the study. When we came back from dinner, the housekeeping staff tickled us by turning down our "mattress" and it felt just as cozy as the original bed.

We were spoilt for choices during breakfast - they offered quality western, eastern and dessert options, coupled with mini surprises of fruits and donuts during tea-time.

Things they could do better (to get a 5):
1) Ensure a smoke-free zone - it is after all a retreat (we could smell our neighbours' 2nd hand smoke from the balcony and the poolside)

2) The poolside cabana could be cleaner (with more frequent changes to the cover/ material that can be wiped clean). The water in the pool looked slightly murky - looked like it needed some pool floor vacuuming.

3) Mosquito fogging!!! I believe this would have given me my perfect snooze by the poolside. They do have these mini-mozzies that bite nastily in the evening.

4) Brighter hallways - we had to fumble with our key and lock every time. The light control switches were also rather haphazardly arranged, so it took quite a while to figure out the lighting before bed time.

5) A jacuzzi that we would control (although we were told the automation was due to past problems with guests controlling the jacuzzi).

All in all, we rested very well during both nights and can't wait to explore the rest of their properties :)

Room Tip: Do request for the rooms away from the road/ electricity hut.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Our Stay at Villa Samadhi started with a welcoming smile from Bu who was waiting for us as we stepped off our long flight tired & looking for a place to rest. On arrival at Villa S , we couldnt believe our Luxe Crib room , meticulously prepared for our arrival. Every thing about our room was exactly as we viewed on their website , no it was better ! From the Spa to the Balcony overlooking the Pool and the Bed , where can we buy one , it was superb. Are we impressed ? Would we stay again ? Yes & Yes

Room Tip: We thought the Luxe Crib was good value.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
welling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff here are very friendly, the batman recognised us from a visit to Japamala which we made last year. We are now at home in a truly relaxed calm and fabulous hotel with a superb room with everything you need

Stayed April 2012
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We recently stayed in Villa Samadhi. It was a real find. A little gem in the quiet area of a busy city. It is away from all the hustle and bustle of city life.
Wonderfully relaxing place. Our room was lovely, bed a little high but incredibly comfortable once you had hiked yourself on. The spa bath on the balcony was a real treat.
The staff are extremely welcoming and kind. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Always on hand to assist. In the evening you can sit on the rooftop bar overlooking the surrounding residential area with a free cocktail of your choice with nibbles every evening between 18:00 and 19:00. Breakfast is served in the restaurant at the back of the villa and serves one of the best nasi lemak I have tried. The only one criticism I would have is that each table is given a selection of fruits, cheese, fish and/or meat. Often this was not wanted and wasted by guests. This seems a real shame. Maybe it would be better to check with the guests first and have a selection if desired just as the a la carte breakfast. On the other hand the half boiled egg should definitely be tried. I came across this first in a place in Penang and this certainly lived up to the reputation I have given the dish ever since.

A real retreat in the city. Will definitely return. Next time maybe the room with the balcony straight on to the pool. I have already told my family and friends of this place.

Room Tip: A very nice room with balcony directly onto poolside
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Samadhi - By Samadhi? Share your experiences!