I stayed in this hostel for few days in July 2013. I booked private room with shared bath facilities at cost of £8 per night so it was a bargain. I didn't expect much at that price I read mixture of reviews on tripadvisor and various hostels website.
when I arrived at night, I was met by lovley guy called Malik, he had lovely smile and made me feel at home. After taking payment he carried my suitcase up to the third floor and showed me to my room. He gave me a towel,roll of tissue paper and key to my room and wish me Good night.
unfortunately, my white sheets were stained.
Like previous reviews this no star accommodation, don't come here expecting much.
Good point near the central bus station and 10mins walk to Bukit Bintang, central market etc. You have Starbucks, KFC, Macdonalds , Nandos within walking distance, you have wifi in lounge only, there a kitchen if you wish to cook
Bad point: if your AC lover-none in private room,There are rats on the ground floor, Everyone seems to smoke in communal areas, no internet in the rooms, construction going to wake you up so no sleeping pass 8am
Customer experience: Points to note the owner Alan is usually on site most nights.He lovely guy very good heart, he would give you his last penny left to him. However, his staff take advantage of his caring nature. The European intern slowick at first seems to be helpful but if you disagree with him on any points, you will witness a very dark side of him. He become mean, rude, arrogant person.
- Also Known As:
- Step Inn Guest House Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Step Inn Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step Inn Guesthouse is situated between four of KL's most popular city destinations; China Town, Little India, Bukit Bintang and the Petronas Twin Towers, where you'll discover an almost unlimited choice of cafe's, restaurants, street food vendors, shopping, sightseeing, and vibrant nightlife. All key places of interest are within a short walking distance. Public transport such as LRT (Light Rail Transit), Rapid Buses, Airport Shuttle and metered taxis are nearby.Whilst assisting you to discover the many facets of Kuala Lumpur, we make it our task to provide you with a clean, comfortable environment in which you can rejuvenate and truly feel at home.Step Inn Guesthouse has a wide range of rooms which all come with windows. We have dorms / single / double / twin rooms with fan and shared bathroom, and en suite rooms with air conditioning and private bathroom. We have free WiFi to make sure that you stay connected. Our knowledgeable staff will help you navigate the city by providing a free map and directing you, by the best and most affordable way, to the many points of interest in KL. Our goal is to provide the traveler a friendly and homely place, so do STEP INN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Step Inn Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.