“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur

You added PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 1, Jalan Nagasari | Off Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur 50200, Malaysia   |
Offers & Announcements
Two Bedroom Suite Deal
Ranked #3 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Vientiane
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the beginning of January for 6 days. Great location, close to Bintang walk for shopping and good restaurants nearby. Staff were friendly and helpful. The apartment we stayed in was very comfortable, clean and well maintained. Would go back if in KL again.

Teekay1021, Director of Sales at PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for staying at the PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur. Our associates will be very happy to received your positive comments.

Teekay Goh - Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
International
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks here recently and found it a really comfortable and convenient place to stay. The suites are spacious and well designed. Only once did noise from other guests in the corridor irritate me but hey the hotel was fully booked and it was Christmas Eve and luckily only lasted a few minutes. I did not once hear a thing from either of the rooms next to mine. It's less than a 5 min walk to the air-conditioned public walkway that takes you to with KLCC or the Pavillion shopping centres but the hotel also offers a one way shuttle service at certain times each morning...although I did not use this...I enjoyed the walk instead. There's a small supermarket almost directly across the road which stocks most things you might need. One thing I did find a little disappointing was the room slice menu but this is provided by the adjacent restaurant, not the hotel and Italian food is not what I felt like at the time. The cleaners were superb and I hope if one of the managers read this that they give Nasir a bonus because he really does go the extra mile. I must also congratulate all the reception staff I met and the maintenance guy who climbed out the window to Regis my air-con. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them. Good job. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for selecting PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur as your preferred accommodation. Our associates will be very happy to received your positive comments.

Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent 24 days at this hotel recently and, whilst theres a couple of things I know for next time, the service by the staff working at the hotel is their biggest asset.

Yes, the hotel is conveniently located in the city to everything you could want - food, shopping, attractions and just a good base for tour pick ups etc. Yes its clean, modern and 'user friendly' but, without good staff it would just be another good hotel in KL.

A few people stood out - Farida who cleaned my room every day on the seventh floor. Incredibly respectful, polite and just a gorgeous lady! Daniel and Ahmat (?? The man who has his lovely tattoo's on his arm well covered for work) who worked from the front desk, so helpful, always with a smile, no matter how annoying they probably thought I was and great senses of humour. Nothing was ever too much trouble, including translating for me when trying to change flight bookings and things. The security men out the front of the hotel were always pleasant with a willing smile and the lady who,signs you in for breakfast needs mention too - what a memory!

The complimentary breakfast was great. Lots to chose from and again, the staff in here were very nice.

I thought the room I was in was perfect for my length of stay and my needs. I had a studio and it was roomy (though I did move the couches to give me more 'floor' space) with a very comfortable bed. I had asked for a view of the towers when I booked months in advance but found this was not possible due to me having an early check in. I do wish I had pushed the issue as my room overlooked the pool and seemed to collect a fair bit of noise from there and the traffic but not so much that it was awful. Also, I didn't realise you had to request non - smoking floors and my floor was obviously a smoking floor so often the smell of cigarettes would waft into my room. I am an ex smoker who doesn't mind the smell of someone smoking but if you are really anti the smell, then request a non smoking floor.

Would I stay here again? Definitely. I'm going back in March/April and will stay here again.

Best tip: Don't purchase the high speed internet. Its much the same speed as the complimentary wifi and still slows to snailmail pace in the late afternoon and around 8 - 10 in the morning. Though in the evening its pretty good.

Try a coffee from Paper and Toast next to the lobby - great coffee, friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for staying at the PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur. Our team will be excited to know your positive feedback, thank you!

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

a bit disappointed my my second long stay in this hotel.(the "late" check out time was not fair).I won't return to this place;there are new serviced suites in K.L;So,the choice for long stay is quite important now;

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Teekay1021, Director of Sales at PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Valued Customer.

Happy New Year!

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur during your recent trip in Kuala Lumpur. We regret to hear that you were disappointed because we were unable to accommodate your late check-out request. We are normally very accommodative with that if the occupancy permits, however, December were extremely busy for us and we hope for your kind understanding.

If you could email your full details to us, we will put it in our database for your future preference since you have been staying with us more than twice last year.

Once again, we apologise for the disappointment for the in-convenience caused.

malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel on new year's eve based on the fantastic rating and comments on tripadvisor, so expectations were high.

First impression was not good. I was not impressed by the condition of the carpark or the lift lobby, it did not feel like a hotel.

I was made to wait for almost half an hour for our room (one bedroom apartment), when the staff said 5 minutes.

For me, the one bedroom apartment was more like a deluxe studio or something. We have stayed in many one bedroom apartments across the globe, and they had always had a private bedroom, one tv each for the bedroom and living room, and a dining table. This one has a bed separated with the living room by a book shelf of some sort, with a TV shared between the two areas. The layout was weird and it didnt work for me.

And the room smelled like cigarette. There were obvious signs of wear and tear on the fittings and furniture. One of the lights was blinking. The room was not clean. There were huge stains on both sofa. It has got the be the worst room in the hotel. i was very unhappy and demanded to switch rooms. The staff was courteous and immediately brought us to a different room.

The second room was on a higher floor, but it had this unpleasant food odour, and we found rice on the floor. I thought that I had complained enough, and decided to just let it go, and went out for a couple of hours, hoping that the smell would go away.

When I came back, the smell was still there. Complained to the front desk, and they sent two housekeeping staff to deal with the odour. They brought two ionisers and sprayed air freshener , which I appreciated. According to the housekeeping staff, the previous occupant of the apartment did some cooking, hence the smell. I said the apartments come with full kitchen, of course people cook. She replied that the smell was normal and it was worse in some other apartments. She added that they had to air the apartments for 2 days to get rid of the smell. I though that either the staff was not trained properly or the hotel management has no idea what they are doing.

Due to my constant complaining, we were given free breakfast. I appreciate the kind gesture, but i have to say that I was not impressed at all by the breakfast spread. Nobody in the right frame of mind would pay full price for that breakfast.

I just don't understand why this hotel is rated so highly. Perhaps it was just bad luck that we got multiple issues with the rooms. Or maybe knowing typical malaysians and their preferential treatment towards foreigners, were were placed in the worst rooms because we were locals. After all, locals are typical Asians that are non confrontational and don't complain right?

However, I found the staff to be genuinely friendly and helpful thoughout, though maybe not competent.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Berjaya Times Square
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Teekay1021, Director of Sales at PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

First and foremost, we would like to apologized for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay at PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur.

If you could kindly please let us know the room numbers and period of stay, it will certainly help us to rectify the faults and at the same time conduct further trainings for our housekeeping associates that is responsible for the rooms mentioned.

Your grievances on the basement car park will be forwarded to the car park management for their further actions.

I would like to reassure you that all our guests are treated equally without prejudice as displayed by our associates to you during your stay here with us.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the shortfalls. We appreciate your efforts to highlight your experiences giving us the opportunity to improve on areas mentioned. It will be great if we could touch base with you to find out more details that would assist us with our efforts for continual improvement. You may email myself at goh.teekay@parkroyalhotels.com.

We hope that you will still consider PARKROYAL Serviced Suites for your future stay.

Best regards.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We booked a studio apartment for three and found it to be very big with a very well-equipped open-concept kitchen. It also provides detergent, sponge, dish-towel beside the usual plates, cup, cutlery, pot and pan. Everything looks new and modern. The toilet is big and the shower is strong and powerful. The beds are very comfortable including the extra bed. The front desk staff are also efficient, polite and friendly. A 2 min walk to the main road on the left is the bus stop for the GOKL city bus which is free. The bus provides a loop service around the city. On the right is the Istana hotel and just further down is the entrance to the KLCC-Bukit Bintang air-conditioned bridge which provides a comfortable walk to KLCC and Pavillion Shopping centre. Enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I already had a good experience with the service staff before I checked into the hotel. Due to some technical error, I did my booking over the phone. The service staff is so friendly and helpful that it makes me feel so right at home before staying in with them.

As it was supposed to be my boyfriend's birthday, I requested for a small cake to be prepared to surprise him. The hotel actually provided me a rather big cake (complimentary!). And they upgraded our room to a one bedroom suite just for his birthday. We are thankful for all the thoughts they have to make our stay a wonderful one.

Besides their services, the hotel is located at a very convenient location. 5minutes by cab and we wil reach the various shopping area. Petaling is not too far away too. Good hawker food street at Jalan alor is also within 5minutes walking distance.

Opposite the hotel (just across the street), there are also 24hr food stalls and also a minimart that sells food in small quantity, suitable for tourists who would like to cook in their hotel room.

Our stay is wonderful. Thank you very much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for staying at the PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur.

We are very delighted to have you and family with us. Our team will be overwhelming excited for your positive feedback and will continue to strive to achieve above our guest's experiences and expectations.

Once again, thank you and wishes you a Happy & Healthy 2013!

Teekay Goh - Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!