“One of the best in KL!” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   348 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur 50400, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Enjoy DoubleTreeats Deal!
Ranked #19 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“One of the best in KL!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel and again, I am very pleased with the level of service and room, even though it is a downgrade to my previous stay.

The first time I stayed at this hotel I was upgraded to a beautiful 2 room suite on the Executive Lounge floor; this time it is an Executive King on an Executive floor, level 32.

The room itself is well appointed and I notice a VIP Diamond Hhonors gift, comprising of 2 pieces of Lapis cake, and a fruit plate. Although last time I received a tin can of Doubletree signature cookies, I am still happy with what I receive.

I take advantage of the 3 complimentary items to be pressed each day, and hand in 2 pairs of work pants and a shirt, which I receive early the next morning as promised.

As I arrive late, I cannot take advantage of the evening canapés and drinks but am assured by reception that if I ask the hostess, they will be able to put together a plates but as it is late and I am not hungry, I decline.

Anyway, I sleep well and the next morning I have my complimentary breakfast in the Executive Lounge. Service is swift, yet friendly, and the food very good. I also use my time in the lounge to check-out before making my way down to a taxi and off to work.

Note: My only gripe is the low quality of amenities. The toothbrush bristles fell apart and the shaver ripped my skin causing it to bleed - painful to say the least.

Room Tip: Savour the delicious warm cookie upon check-in!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Japanuki,

Thank you for staying with us again, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our Executive Lounge facilities to your liking. In particular I have noted your comments regarding the amenities quality and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great pool. Very parent friendly. Its just 1.2m deep. A bidet beside the toilet bowl made doing business comfortable. The one in Intermark has a great location. It is surrounded by lots of eating places without having to step out of the building. The cookies yes.. the cookies upon arrival could be the thing to make me return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Norlida G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service along with our famous DoubleTree cookie at check in and you found property facilities to your liking.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and 4 fun filled days at the end of our one month trip.

Our stay was nothing short of fantastic! This very central luxury hotel was the perfect place to lay your head at the end of a busy trip. With exquisite bedding and a bed good enough to take home!
I just had to get the pillow right ... And viola! A pillow menu. I opted for the buckwheat and it was so perfect ... I will have to purchase one.

Every detail of this hotel is designed to fulfil your every need ... From the glass window between the bathroom and suite setting, to the electric blind for privacy, speaker control for music while showering and a much appreciated rain shower.

While we didn't have a view of the Petronis Towers, we were on the 26th floor and the view of the city was exquisite.

From this location we were able to beetle over to the Peteonis Towers by foot via the overpass right at the base of the hotel where we enjoyed the underground Aqua Marine Centre and of course some shopping.
One of the 4 days we took a cab to Jalan Alor street for some sumptuous seafood.

We cabbed it china town's Petalan Street to browse.

Plus we hit a restaurant called "Dinning In The Dark". A very unique experience!!

Best of all, we hired a cab to take us to the Elephant Sanctuary where we fed and bathed with the elephants ... And on the way we stopped to climb the 232 stairs at the infamous Batu Caves whew!

Unfortunately we did not have time to take in the pool but it did look inviting!

On an end note, this hotel is facilitated with restaurants, a lounge, a jewelry store, pharmacy and a grocery store at the base for any sundry items you may need.

I would invite everyone who is fortunate enough to travel to KL to experience this wonderful hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HellenGail,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location, pillow menu and property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

the restaurant manager during breakfast was rude. ignored my call for service and on the way out, our shoulders hit while walking pass each other and he did not even apologise or look back. the cookies at arrival were awesome. the staff at check in and check out were very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nasferatuz,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. I have taken note on your comment regarding the disappointing breakfast experience in Makan Kitchen and I sincerely apologize for the lapses in our service. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at Double Tree this week. It was an early check-in and I enquired before booking whether I could check-in early, to which the hotel answered in the affirmative. I was disappointed when I was told that my room was not ready and that I had to wait. I was extremely tired and jetlagged and waited for 90 minutes before I was told that my room was ready on the 17th floor. As I was making my way to my room, the access card did not work and I was greeted by Adam, a friendly and accommodating chef and manager who was shocked that I was not given their signature chocolate chip cookie upon check-in. He sorted out my access card, gave me a cookie and offered me a complimentary breakfast at the executive lounge and complimentary lunch at the Makan Kitchen. This was a very nice gesture and it confirmed my view that they live up to their name for excellent customer service and satisfaction.

When I had made my booking, I also had a special request to have a view of the Twin Towers from my room. Unfortunately, they were fully booked and they were unable to meet this request. I also found it odd that the room and the hotel did not have an international plug fitting for a South African plug. It was strange as my travels to other remote countries always had an adaptor at the very least to accommodate this. As such I could not charge my laptop.

Overall my experience was pleasant. The shuttle service is very good and professional, the staff at the Makan Kitchen for breakfast were extremely helpful and courteous, the breakfast was great and a wide variety to choose from, the location and views were spectacular, the room was spacious and clean. decent wifi ensured I was connected and the in-room dining service was efficient and the food was phenomenal.

Room Tip: All rooms on the higher floors that end with 13 have a beautiful view of the Twin Towers. Also visit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Viator_ZA,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the disappointing arrival experience and I apologize for the lapses in our service. Nevertheless, I am happy to hear how Chef Adam make-it-right for you. I will certainly pass on your message to the Chef Adam.

In particular I also noted your feedback regarding the switches fitting requirements and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

Mauritius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is situated in the city center .First the rooms r very nice especially the hilton honors rooms n clean . Breakfast was ok but everyday the same..Its 5 mins drive to pavillion mall,times square, ,Sungai plaza etc n cost 5 rm by taxi..The staff were helpful n give us late checkout til 4 p.m.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear nazimaMauritius,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found location to your liking. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service, and I take note of the feedback on the necessity to provide variety menu for daily breakfast. We are very committed to guest satisfaction, and the direct guest feedback is an important tool for our evaluation of our success

Havana, Cuba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This time I have to thank
Jumawati from Indonesia
Daan Pelt from Amsterdam
Isabelle from KL
as well as Kathryn for a very pleasant stay. There were many others at the Executive Lounge who were very attentive and helpful.
I stayed only one day, and believe you me, I never left the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are Hilton Gold you are allowed rooms in the higher floors. If you can please visit the Execu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear aungkhant,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found Executive Lounge to your liking. I am happy to hear how the team looked after you and certainly I will pass on your message to the team. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!