“On the right track” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 270 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Perth
“On the right track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Booked a King Bed Terrace Suite via the hotel website for the night of 28 December 2013. Upon arrival tp reception, the staff are decidedly nonchalant bordering onto indifferent compared with slightly more energetic staff in the executive lounge we were eventually ushered to.

We had just arrived to Kuala Lumpur on transit between flights and appreciated the room being ready for us upon arrival at the hotel. I believe we were allocated Room 3317. No problems with the room except the safe was not working. We chose not to bring this up to reception until check-out as we dreaded the though of the service technician eating into our sleeping time.

We did not have time to use the pool or gym but both appeared to be more than adequate. Breakfast at the executive lounge was disappointing. There was very little on display and items were replenished as if a rationing system had been imposed. No wait-staff present to direct us. But then again, who eats in a hotel when in Malaysia anyway?

The facilities and build quality in general is okay if you don't look too closely at the details. Same applies for the staff. In all likelihood, they were probably recovering from the Christmas period although this should not be an excuse for failing to issue a receipt upon check-out.

Will consider staying here again in future for the facilities. As seems to be the trend for all hotels in Malaysia, there is definitely room for improvement when it comes to the level of service and quality of the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear MajorKusanagi,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities, however please accept my sincere apologies for the lapses in our service. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the respective departments so they may be addressed internally. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service.

In particular I noted your comment regarding the receipt upon check-out and again I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I would appreciate if you can send me a note then I can follow up with the team. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, and I can then provide you a better response. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mar del Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Its the Usual quality for a Double Tree.

So as usual:
-Excellent prices
-Great customer service
-Nice rooms
-Beautiful views
-Convenient location (close to the petronas towers, a metro station and loads of restaurants)
-Clean floors
-Very atentive staff
-Multi norm electric wall sockets (BIG BIG PLUS)

So if you dont have a huge budget but you dont dig the hostel scene and are in need of a western bed. This is your place

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear esvian,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton.

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good Hotel at a nice location, every tourist place is in between 5-15 mins by taxi. Taxi (budget & Executive) is available at the entrance of the hotel, the staff helps you get one. Though located in a mall; but you don't feel once you cross the reception area. It comes with advantages like all necessities (atm, coffee & book shops etc) in the premises itself ......not only for business travelers but a great hotel for families too. Pool is nice with a jacuzzi......kids enjoy a lot. The Lounge restaurant is nice with live music at nights. Breakfast spread is lavish.... it certainly has food for everyone. The staff is very proactive & courteous (example- they called after the check-in if everything is all right; before the check-out caredesk called whether wake up call would be required; small things but they made a huge diff in the services offered). Check in & checkout both were very swift.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear guptaatul,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location, property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in this centrally located hotel in KLCC. Stayed on 32thfloor with a nice night time view. Staff are friendly.After registering and handed nice chocolate cookies which seems to be their trademark, they led us to the executive lounge on top floor while our upgraded room was prepared. Breakfast at Makan restaurant is a treat. The place is spacious.Food are exqusite. We like the layout of various cuisines, local and international, We were initially disappointed for not able to sit at the area with the view of Petronas towers especially when breakfast time was nearly over and there were 2 vacant tables then told that they were already booked/reserved. Also some guests need to be told on hygienne matter not to sample food with same spoon and returned to the bowl.
Another negative was milk satchels in the room despite within used by date, had to be replaced as it caused the coffee to curdle. We asked for fresh milk replacement (not satchel). To their (Ika)credit, within a few minutes they brought replacement and took the curdled coffee away. But unfortunately this experience was repeated again the following day despite request to have fresh milk daily supplied in the fridge.
Faciltiies are good, relaxing atmosphere at executive and lower floor lounges, 25m swimming pool just right for lap swimming. Free shuttle bus to various shoping malls is a bonus especially when you got a sincere, friendly knowledgible driver. Other staff worth mentioning are Dann, Raphael 2 overseas trainees who were attentive to our needs. Likewise Badrul at Concierge desk with his detailed tips on what, where and how much to pay. Overall we enjoyed and had fun staying at this hotel

Room Tip: Cheaper to arrange own taxi than through hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BarcelonaTed_T,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed the stays especially our breakfast variety, Executive Floor facilities and how the team looked after you. Certainly I will pass on your message to the team. In particular I have noted your various comments, please accept my apologies for the lapses in service and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

Cebu, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My stay in Double Tree Hilton Hotel was terrific. It was my second time and and indeed I really had a good and memorable experience. I would never stop patronizing this hotel and would definitely advertise it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Florence S,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our property to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed there for business and everything was good - from the arrival , check in, rooms, food, service. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. Will go back again. The gym is 24 hours so helped me to be flexible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Hassenmia Z,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good Hotel at a nice location, every tourist place is in between 5-15 mins by taxi. Taxi (budget & Executive) is available at the entrance of the hotel, the staff helps you get one. Though located in a mall; but you don't feel once you cross the reception area. It comes with advantages like all necessities(atm, coffee & book shops etc) in the premises itself ......not only for business travelers but a great hotel for families too. Pool is nice with a jacuzzi......kids enjoy a lot. The Lounge restaurant is nice with live music at nights. Breakfast spread is lavish.... it certainly has food for everyone. The staff is courteous & helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Atul G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location, breakfast spread and property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!