“Comfy as usual” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Perth
“Comfy as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great place, it is my my favourite hotel in KL at this stage. This time is very busy period for the hotel. I still enjoyed the room and my overall stay.

Couple of little things which was mentioned many times before that they would improve but yet to be done since Hilton took over it.

Firstly, free in-room internet. Even if it is right now, we have to spend time at the lobby to connect to the internet for free. At least provide a faster internet speed, current speeds are too slow.

Secondly, free parking for guests. Not yet available but is troublesome to always go to a specific floor to the autopay station then again to the car.

Service is pretty good, but can be better if it was across the board. Room cleaning was a little bit stingy on the bath gels...when there is half a bottle left, for a few days they did not provide me with new ones the next day. This may be a small thing, but it irritates me alot. What is the big deal for soaps and shampoos when we are paying guests and regular customer?

Another thing was the lingering smell of sewage (bad smell) in the bathroom...I think it's from the drainage...not sure but it does linger the whole day.

This is just what I have found to be areas of improvements based on my last stay. It is NOT to say that I didn't have a positive overall experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Francis G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your various comments and the teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service and facilities. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. Please be informed we are presently having the in-room Wi-Fi installation and this will be operational by early March. Hence, there will be Wi-Fi facilities throughout the hotel.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It looks like newly renovated hotel . Booked this hotel for 1 night .Being Hilton gold we were upgraded to club room. This hotel lobby is on first floor. Club room was compact with modern interiors. Bed was very comfortable . Tried Club lounge breakfast - Nice variety with good service standard. Club lounge had ample space with good views . We were promptly given free wifi in room as being gold member. Service is prompt & courteous & there was feed back call from front desk regarding service . We did not try fitness centre nor swimming pool. Overall very good value for money hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ranju30,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the room, our Sweetdream bedding and Executive Lounge facilities. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was given a room on the 22nd floor having a nice view of the non-downtown side of KL. While checking in they welcomed me serving chocolate cookies! It was my first time in any Hilton. The breakfast has a very typical Malay feel about it where I enjoyed a range of cuisines including Chinese and Indian. I tried the swimming pool, which was truly wonderful and it was in the open so that you can get a nice sunbath. One one of the evenings in my week long stay, I came across a Filipino music band performing a gig near the lobby. Overall, I liked the room and its contemporary decor.I also liked the room for having speakers which I could jack up with my phone to listen to music etc. From a location standpoint, it is ok and I did not face any hurdle in getting a taxi from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Lagnajeet,

Thank you for staying with us, and I really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the room design, breakfast spread in Makan Kitchen and our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookies.

I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Kuching
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

this hotel is situated at jalan tun razak. nearby ampang park station. not far from KLCC. however, there is no signboard outside the LRT station directing to this hotel. as a result made a wrong turn towards klcc. called the hotel then only i got the right direction.

check in was a bit slow as the system is slow. given the cookies which is very nice. if u wanted more u can buy at RM42++/tin of 7.

got a room at level 24. nice view. the front is KLCC view and the back is ampang view. the room is nice - beds r comfy!! plus the pillow is just what i need.

bathroom is sexy as it is a see thru bathroom. feels like having bath right in the middle of KL. but if u dun like it, switch it off with a button next to the sink area.

free shuttle service to KLCC, pavilion

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear az412,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room, our Sweetdream bedding & pillow. I have noted your comment on the directional signage at train station. Certainly we will work with the LRT management for improvements.

japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was ushered into the room different from the reservation staff mistake.
Prices paid by card to the travel agency, the request came from the hotel on the card as well.
There is no reply I sent the e-mail and fax to the hotel and I want a refund.
Correspondence of the hotel is very disappointing. Are you the money should be returned.
I will never come here again.

11月に宿泊しましたが、ホテルのミスで別の部屋に間違えて案内された挙句、その部屋の料金をデポジットのカードから引き落とされました。料金の二重請求です。
料金は旅行会社に支払い済み、もちろんバウチャーも印刷してホテルに渡しました。
ホテル滞在は問題なかったですが、返金を求めて支払い済みのバウチャーのコピーをFAXしたが返事もなし。その後メールもしましたが返事無し。
もう2度と泊まりませんがお金は返して欲しいです。

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear mika3067,

Please accept my apologies for the challenges you have faced with your recent stay. I do acknowledge the team received your email early Jan 2013 and I am sorry for the delays in responding you. I appreciate you allow us another days to review your feedback.

Please accept my apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Alor Setar, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Book two nights for two room.....check in is slow....taking their own sweet time. Many guess but only two counter use for check-in. Got my 2nd room at 4pm!. Was told that room was not ready but nothing is done (connecting room, I'm at next door) until 4pm they came and gave the key...(so i guess room is ready but they miscommunication between housekeeping and front desk.) Duty manager was ask to call back but only returned call after 2nd room key is handed over to me (4.15pm). He took care of the situation by giving me breakfast for full stay. Should i say thank you? Will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hidzir11,

I do understand your disappointment with the check in efficiency and the slight delay as many rooms were being turned over from the previous night. However, the reception should have asked housekeeping to ensure we had one quickly available for you. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

Please accept my apologies again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed in Doubletrees in other countries and this is the worse one. The problem is not the hotel itself, which is very clean and elegant, it is the customer service.

My sister arrived, before us, from London after a very long flight. When she tried check in, she was told that she would have to pay MYR300 for "incidentals". She didn't have a credit card or cash at the time so she was not allowed to check in even though the room was fully paid for beforehand. She had to wait 3 hours in the lobby for me to arrive as I was coming from Bangkok. She hadn't slept for nearly a whole day so was starting to doze off in the chair. The staff approached her and told her that she could not sleep in the lobby and so she had to leave. I thought that this was disgusting treatment of someone who, not only had a paid for room, but was extremely tired after a 12 hour flight and naturally wanted to sleep. Shame on you guys. It's just disgraceful.

When I finally arrived, they again asked for this deposit, which I had not been previously made aware of, and again, since we don't use credit cards we were made to pay the deposit in cash. Other hotels just close your account if you don't want to prepay your incidentals. Why couldn't they just adopt this approach.

We booked 2 twin rooms which we asked to be close to each other. I was placed on the 24th floor and my daughter was on the 16th. ?????

You need to use your room key to operate the lifts and lot of the time the keys never worked. On several occassions I ended going up and down in the lift not being able to acutally press the floor I wanted. When I asked a member of staff if they could press the floor for me, I was told that they couldn't do this. It was completely ridiculous. I was in that lift for 10 minutes.

I would never return to this hotel. I was actually contemplating staying at Le Meridien hotel and I wish I had now. Very disappointment by Hilton standards.

Room Tip: However high up you are, you still hear the noise of the trains going by.