“nice room.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 271 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuching
“nice room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

this hotel is situated at jalan tun razak. nearby ampang park station. not far from KLCC. however, there is no signboard outside the LRT station directing to this hotel. as a result made a wrong turn towards klcc. called the hotel then only i got the right direction.

check in was a bit slow as the system is slow. given the cookies which is very nice. if u wanted more u can buy at RM42++/tin of 7.

got a room at level 24. nice view. the front is KLCC view and the back is ampang view. the room is nice - beds r comfy!! plus the pillow is just what i need.

bathroom is sexy as it is a see thru bathroom. feels like having bath right in the middle of KL. but if u dun like it, switch it off with a button next to the sink area.

free shuttle service to KLCC, pavilion

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear az412,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room, our Sweetdream bedding & pillow. I have noted your comment on the directional signage at train station. Certainly we will work with the LRT management for improvements.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was ushered into the room different from the reservation staff mistake.
Prices paid by card to the travel agency, the request came from the hotel on the card as well.
There is no reply I sent the e-mail and fax to the hotel and I want a refund.
Correspondence of the hotel is very disappointing. Are you the money should be returned.
I will never come here again.

11月に宿泊しましたが、ホテルのミスで別の部屋に間違えて案内された挙句、その部屋の料金をデポジットのカードから引き落とされました。料金の二重請求です。
料金は旅行会社に支払い済み、もちろんバウチャーも印刷してホテルに渡しました。
ホテル滞在は問題なかったですが、返金を求めて支払い済みのバウチャーのコピーをFAXしたが返事もなし。その後メールもしましたが返事無し。
もう2度と泊まりませんがお金は返して欲しいです。

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear mika3067,

Please accept my apologies for the challenges you have faced with your recent stay. I do acknowledge the team received your email early Jan 2013 and I am sorry for the delays in responding you. I appreciate you allow us another days to review your feedback.

Please accept my apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Alor Setar, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Book two nights for two room.....check in is slow....taking their own sweet time. Many guess but only two counter use for check-in. Got my 2nd room at 4pm!. Was told that room was not ready but nothing is done (connecting room, I'm at next door) until 4pm they came and gave the key...(so i guess room is ready but they miscommunication between housekeeping and front desk.) Duty manager was ask to call back but only returned call after 2nd room key is handed over to me (4.15pm). He took care of the situation by giving me breakfast for full stay. Should i say thank you? Will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hidzir11,

I do understand your disappointment with the check in efficiency and the slight delay as many rooms were being turned over from the previous night. However, the reception should have asked housekeeping to ensure we had one quickly available for you. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

Please accept my apologies again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed in Doubletrees in other countries and this is the worse one. The problem is not the hotel itself, which is very clean and elegant, it is the customer service.

My sister arrived, before us, from London after a very long flight. When she tried check in, she was told that she would have to pay MYR300 for "incidentals". She didn't have a credit card or cash at the time so she was not allowed to check in even though the room was fully paid for beforehand. She had to wait 3 hours in the lobby for me to arrive as I was coming from Bangkok. She hadn't slept for nearly a whole day so was starting to doze off in the chair. The staff approached her and told her that she could not sleep in the lobby and so she had to leave. I thought that this was disgusting treatment of someone who, not only had a paid for room, but was extremely tired after a 12 hour flight and naturally wanted to sleep. Shame on you guys. It's just disgraceful.

When I finally arrived, they again asked for this deposit, which I had not been previously made aware of, and again, since we don't use credit cards we were made to pay the deposit in cash. Other hotels just close your account if you don't want to prepay your incidentals. Why couldn't they just adopt this approach.

We booked 2 twin rooms which we asked to be close to each other. I was placed on the 24th floor and my daughter was on the 16th. ?????

You need to use your room key to operate the lifts and lot of the time the keys never worked. On several occassions I ended going up and down in the lift not being able to acutally press the floor I wanted. When I asked a member of staff if they could press the floor for me, I was told that they couldn't do this. It was completely ridiculous. I was in that lift for 10 minutes.

I would never return to this hotel. I was actually contemplating staying at Le Meridien hotel and I wish I had now. Very disappointment by Hilton standards.

Room Tip: However high up you are, you still hear the noise of the trains going by.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Abeigh,

I do understand your disappointment with the arrival experience and I apologize that your sister has to face the challenges after the long journey. Nevertheless I don’t want to review each point, as obviously your general disappointment is the main concern. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com with your reservation details and I can then provide you a better response.

Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We was travelling through south asia on our holiday, to kl, the hotel is located next to a motorway and next to a railway which kept us up all night, the rooms doesnt have double glazing, if you are only staying few days just visit the tower and caves singapore is better, the staff was very lazy always on the phones, and didnt care and had a bad attitude, we had pay a large deposit too and the general hotel felt lost looks like a shopping mall the reception is at the back of the lobby upstairs! The lifts failed three times and the pool doesnt have heating. We complained and asked to see the manager all he did was bring more cookies poor service and not a five star! Look elsewhere a few hotels round the corner for less and same price are more centraly located. Expected more from a hilton still seeking a response from higher management left my details worst stay I ever had I dont normaly right reviews online but the whole experience has left to stay away from these hotels. I thought the whole point of hotel is to get good sleep we flew restless. And they refused a refund. Horrible! Before u book google map the location u will see what I mean! U can hear trains all night poor!!!!

Room Tip: I wouldnt recommend any so noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear badams1986,

I do understand your disappointment with the overall experience and I am sorry that we obviously did not meet your expectations on the last trip. I have noted your various comments and the teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service & facilities.

CAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in mid-December 2012 for two days. The hotel is close to twin towers, you can see it from the window along the corridor.

When you arrived at the check-in desk, you will be offered a fresh and warm cookie in a bag. The cookie is delicious. Wi-Fi signals is not that strong in the lobby area and you need to pay a fee for in-room Wi-Fi.

In terms of the room, it is quite modern but not in large size. You can truly control the temperature inside the room, unlike most of the hotels centrally controlled although it seems you can make changes on the panel but it will not get adjusted at the end. It has a open concept bathroom with a big full scale glass wall close to a bed , similar to some of the hotels in China, and will be offered a electrical blind should you decided to cover the glass wall. We have light up the no disturb light and the staff did follow the request and will not come in to do clean up and instead will leave you a note that you will clean up your own bed which is fine for me.

For the breakfast, the restaurant divided into three areas: Western, Chinese and India food. You can sit in one of the area and with decorations in the areas for different cultures. Western food are ok, Chinese food is more like a Malaysia version, use a lot of local favours. India food seems in a local version as well, when you see the India bread, you will notice the difference.
Overall, the food contains a lot of local favours, so you may need to adopt this new taste. In terms of service in the restaurant, depends on which server(s) you have, some react more quickly, some were reacted more slowly but it seems because of the local culture as per tour guide's sharing - People enjoy life there so act slowly, much less fast paced than some international cities in Asia. For people who want to have a slow down environment during vacation, it could be a good thing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear SimonCN2011,

I am delighted to hear you all enjoyed the stay especially the room design and our signature restaurant – Makan Kitchen. In particular I noted your comment on the Wi-Fi service and we are working with the team for improvements. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotel services & facilities.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am not happy to say that, but … didn’t enjoy my stay in Double Tree. Location isnt’ too bad as they just opened bridge connecting both sides of the highway. I took me 10 minutes of fast walk to get to Petronas Towers. From the outside, the hotel doesn’t look like a hotel as it’s hidden in the middle of new corporate development, Check-in was painfully slow. The place is very busy and they have only two desks for chek-in.
Atleast I got a cookie . As I mentioned it is very busy hotel…queues for breakfast and even for the lifts. There is 6 lifts but they always full and I had to wait for few to pass to get in every day and I hate to wait for lift. Floor ( 19th ) my room was on was very smelly same as the room…mouldy smell everywhere. Room is very nicely apponted, light wood, creamy tones and browns. Wall lamps didn’t switch off and the panel was falling off, door from the wardrobe didn’t close properly, TV remote hardly worked and what is the worst thing…NO WIFI in the rooms at all. How new hotel in 21st century has no WIFI??? You can only use it at the lobby for 30min. Back to the room…bathroom is beautifull with rain shower and nice toiletries. Swimming pool is places in the courtyard, so all you can see is walls, gym is good and very clean. There is an Italian restaurant by the pool…went there 5pm and they only cook italian from 6.30pm or so. So finished having very average fish and chips…at italian restaurant. Underneath the lobby is a small mall, with few shops and restaurants…try Porto Romano…it is great little place, with fantastic food and lovely music. Otherwise I wasglad I only stayed two night as this isnt place you want to spend holidays…

Room Tip: ask for non smelly room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear martinmatousek,

I have noted to your various comments and I am sorry that we obviously did not meet your expectations on the last trip. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service & facilities. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, with your booking details and I can then provide you a better response.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!