I have stayed in this hotel in mid-December 2012 for two days. The hotel is close to twin towers, you can see it from the window along the corridor.
When you arrived at the check-in desk, you will be offered a fresh and warm cookie in a bag. The cookie is delicious. Wi-Fi signals is not that strong in the lobby area and you need to pay a fee for in-room Wi-Fi.
In terms of the room, it is quite modern but not in large size. You can truly control the temperature inside the room, unlike most of the hotels centrally controlled although it seems you can make changes on the panel but it will not get adjusted at the end. It has a open concept bathroom with a big full scale glass wall close to a bed , similar to some of the hotels in China, and will be offered a electrical blind should you decided to cover the glass wall. We have light up the no disturb light and the staff did follow the request and will not come in to do clean up and instead will leave you a note that you will clean up your own bed which is fine for me.
For the breakfast, the restaurant divided into three areas: Western, Chinese and India food. You can sit in one of the area and with decorations in the areas for different cultures. Western food are ok, Chinese food is more like a Malaysia version, use a lot of local favours. India food seems in a local version as well, when you see the India bread, you will notice the difference.
Overall, the food contains a lot of local favours, so you may need to adopt this new taste. In terms of service in the restaurant, depends on which server(s) you have, some react more quickly, some were reacted more slowly but it seems because of the local culture as per tour guide's sharing - People enjoy life there so act slowly, much less fast paced than some international cities in Asia. For people who want to have a slow down environment during vacation, it could be a good thing.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Doubletree By Hilton, Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our contemporary, modern KL hotel offers the perfect mix of convenience and comfort to business and leisure travelers alike. Guest rooms, suites and executive accommodations provide a long list of pampering guest amenities. You’ll enjoy LCD TVs, our luxurious Sweet Dreams bedding and HSIA. We have 5 restaurant and bars to choose from showcasing the best in Malaysian and international cuisine. You can also relax in our outdoor swimming pool or 24 hour fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.