“Recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 254 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Tokyo, Japan
“Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Their restaurants are great. Location is also pretty good. Clean and modern.
The foreign staff is far more polite than the locals when it comes to front desk. The restaurant experience was great: food and staff included.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Atekka S,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you all enjoyed the stay especially the location and dining experience. I have noted your comments regarding the front desk staff, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotel services.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

1,081 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice stay with modern room design that transparent mirror view from both room to bathroom.
Just no nice view from guest room.
Memorable of their welcome/signature cookies. So good~
Should get a try to their in room dining foods if you have no idea where to eat outside.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alvinscobyz,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the room design and our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie. I appreciate your notes on the in-room dining menu.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Writing this from the property's EL (#3119). Second time staying here and the first time experience was sooo much better.Upgraded to Exec both times as Gold.

This 2nd visit is woeful. At check in, staff questioned if I knew any Hilton staff apparently because I had a low (THANKYOU) rate. Thought the question was totally unnecessary. When I pointed out that he did not return my HHonors card, he bluntly said No and went on serving next customer. I had to reach behind the counter and remove some printouts to show him that my card's there!

No newspapers in the morning, had to grab shared copies at Makan Place for breakfast. After the greeter at Makan Place noted my room no, me and another guest was made to stand for a full minute despite there being plentiful seats available. She seem more engrossed w her clipboard than the guests. After I'm finally seated, no offers of coffee/ tea. Had to ask a staff for tea and he went on to do other non-essential things like re-setting tables when the crowd is thinning out. Forgot my tea, had to ask his supervisor before tea is finally poured! Told myself breakfast at EL from now on!

Called for housekeeping at 6pm, but for 2 hours nobody showed up! Had to call "Careline" 2 times before the room finally gets made.

Despite the woeful service levels, the staff at the EL are great and highly trained. If only this attitude extends to the entire hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

After staying in some rather questionable places (my travel partner's booking results) during my Malaysian trip, I was a little further put off when we arrived at this hotel especially when no help was forthcoming to assist with luggage from our taxi. Some kind guests then helped carry our bags up the escalator to the check-in area. My first reaction was quickly altered when experiencing the apologies firstly from reception re: the baggage, then staff going out of their way to assist us thereafter. The rooms were so comfortable and all services provided with the exception of wi-fi which could only be connected from in the lobby area. The views from the room were great, especially a very clear view of the Petronus Towers as well as KL Tower. Breakfast offered a great variety in a very well-run restaurant. The hotel itself is within walking distance of the Petronus Towers or a short taxi ride for 3-4 ringit. Overall, and though our stay was a much too brief one night I was extremely happy that our last night in Malaysia was here in this hotel. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EricaD,

I am delighted to hear you all enjoyed the stay especially the location, room, breakfast spread and hotel facilities & services. I have noted your comment on the arrival experience, and I apologize for this. Nevertheless, I am glad the team were able to make it right for you.

Manitowoc,Wisconsin,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I and my wife had a short stay at the hotel. We have had nothing but the best of evrything;Checking,room and especially the concierge service heade by Johan Antoin who went out of their way the help us with memorable kindness and compassion.

The Indian Rstaurant on the premises served the best Indian food we had any Indian Restaurant and they really helped my wife with Jain Meal.

But the best was the concierge service and the conceirge Johan. We highly recommend this hotel for the view,shopping,services and cleanliness. Wish they had more facilities for physicaly disabled people.

Room Tip: Choose one with a good view and the service desk will guide u well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear shah-71,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the arrival experience, room and how team looked after you. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the teams make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests. I will certainly pass on your message to the Johan.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is one of the best I've been in. Our room was very comfortable with enough wardrobe space for 4 people (even though it was just a double room), large TV, well stocked fridge and a beautiful 'wet room' style bathroom. Our views were great too. We had all the usual stuff provided in our bathroom; shampoo, conditioner, showergel, hand cream and soaps. Our towels and linen were changed daily (unless we hung the DND sign on the door nob).

Breakfast was the highlight for my other half; you could spend all day in the top floor dining area, with panoramic views over KL, sampling all the delights on offer. We didn't have to queue and were offered a seat on arriving.

The staff were friendly enough but not overbearing and were on hand whenever you needed them.

We stumbled upon the pool on our second day and from then on went there every afternoon to soak up the last of the day’s sun after being out and about on walks and tours of KL. The pool itself is rather cold as it doesn't get much sunlight due to being in the shadow of other buildings but this was a relief from the heat to be honest! We sunbathed and ate at the poolside's Italian restaurant, Tosca, before heading to our room to shower and change for the evening’s activities.

The hotel itself is in almost like a 'Mall' environment; the space you enter into is huge! There are a few shops dotted around, including some lovely bars and restaurants.

All in all a fantastic and comfortable stay in a lovely relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to a friend visiting the city.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jenloubro,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the room, amenities, breakfast spread and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you both back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pleasant stay at this modern hotel. Check in reception with Fairus was quick and efficient, especially after a 20 hour plane ride. He welcomed us with warm chocolate cookies and even remembered my name during our 3 night stay. We had requested a non-smoking room before arriving and our room was clean, smoke free and modern. We especially loved the shower. We found all the staff, from the bellman, the reception desk, to the concierge very helpful and made our stay very comfortable and memorable. We ate at Tosca restaurant twice. Food and service was good.
A word of caution, stay away from the Austin Chase restaurant. It is located on the 2nd floor and is not part of the Doubletree Hotel. Worst breakfast ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MahTaiTai,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the room, rain shower, foods quality and how Fairus looked after you. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the teams make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests. I will certainly pass on your message to the team.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!