“One of my favourites” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great new hotel (since taken over by Hilton). Great rooms, has a nice decor and very comfortable bed. Relaxing setting and nice lighting. Only downside to the room is not included with free wireless internet. Nice pool with poolside bar. Great selection of drinks. Nice little menu for room service after midnight.
Breakfast buffet is one of the best I have had. Lots of varieties and very spacious. Wine bar lounge near reception is a very good spot to relax and have a few drinks. The hotel is surrounded by food outlets and restaurants. The food court downstairs is almost fully leased. Delicious cookies upon arrival =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Francis G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, our signature bed - Sweetdream®, and hotel facilities. I have noted your comment on the Wi-Fi service in guestroom, and we are working with the service provider for improvement although it may be not able to rectify quickly, however obviously these can always be improved.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

the hotel rooms were clean, bright and the restaurants were pretty. however, the service was really really bad. i have a hilton honors gold & i booked an excutive room. was asking the hotel if i should get an upgrade but they said no, its not their policy to upgrade when you book an executive room. finally, they said they would but ONLY JUST THIS ONCE. sounds like they were doing me a favor and the attitude was really bad. i was made to wait at the counter for more than 10 mins. called for room service but had to call twice, because the 1st time round, no one picked up.
when i wanted to check out.. there were 4 staff at the reception but only 2 counters manned. queue of 3 people at the hilton honors counter. so i just checked out at the normal counter. is doubletree tryign to send a message to hilton honors members that if u r a member, expect to wait longer and be treated worse??
wont ever return here. ONCE is more than enough. if this is the 1st doubletree in all of SE asia, lets just keep it that way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear damask_rose,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that you had to face the poor service at Reception. I would appreciate if you can send me the details of your reservation so we can follow up with team. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, and I can then provide you a better response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Punggol, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Excellent hotel but they need to expedite by making sure that all rooms which client has booked to be ready by 3pm upon their check-in time. If they expected us to wait for the readiness of the rooms; make sure it is within an hour instead of 1 1/2 or 2 hours.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Nashitah,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comment regarding the shortage of rooms upon check in, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your family. We are working hard with the team to improve the service, and I hope you will see some improvements in future.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Excellent hotel but they need to work on their check in. Went to check in at about 2.30pm, was told that the hotel room was not ready. Need to wait for probably 1 to 2 hours. Although they have a lounge for us to have some bite and chill out but it is definately not acceptable. After making some noise, they decide to give us a room. went up to our room and was impress by it. Definately worth the money spend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Javern,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments about the challenges on check in, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Certainly we are working hard with the team on training, and I hope you will see some improvements in future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My first DoubleTree experience. Check-in took 20 minutes. It was Saturday afternoon and there were only 3 staffs at reception. One of the staff offered The Cookie to cheer everyone up. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I like the modern design of it. The room service was very effective.

Just a stone throw to KLCC and Ampang Park. Had no problem going back and forth. Compared to other 5 stars hotels in KL, DoubleTree seems to be a little bit expensive. Other than that, it was perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear ahanapiah,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room design and efficiency of room service. I have noted your comment regarding the speed of check in, and certainly we will continually work on training for the reception staff for better service, as it is important for all guests.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We got the Doubletree at a promotional price which included breakfast. Yes, the welcome cookie was a warm welcome and a nice touch. Our room was up high, on the 27th floor with nice views of the city. It was also very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The morning buffet breakfast was amazing. Although there were many people there, we were still we able to get what we wanted and the choice selection was beyond anything we had ever imagined. In fact, on this vacation, we stayed at 5 different hotels (that all included breakfast) and by far the Doubletree's breakfast is our number one vote!

Two downsides: 1) No complimentary wi-fi We thought this was very strange for a 4.5 star hotel. Especially because the competition in KL for hotels in this range is great and many of them offer free wi-fi. We were previously on a small rustic island off the coast of Malaysia and even the 2 resorts we stayed at there offered complimentary wi-fi.

2) The hotel offered a complimentary shuttle to many tourist locations in town. When asking the concierge about the shuttle times, he in the meantime took a phone call and would not finish answering our question. By the time he got off the phone, he said "too late, you just missed the shuttle." Had he finished with us first, we most likely would not have missed it. Poor customer service.

Overall, our stay was good considering the promotional price. If we return to KL, hope the Doubletree offers another promotion! Will consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Douliketotravel,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, buffet breakfast and I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie.

I have noted your comments on the necessity to provide Wi-Fi service within the hotel, and we are working with the service provider for improvement although it may be not able to rectify quickly, however obviously these can always be improved. I thank you for the note on the concierge service, and certainly we will continually work on training and development for service improvements.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed there for one week, everything was clean, polite stuff and great breakfast, the restuarant was so big and you could fine any thing for eating, also the Cookie was awesome, it was hot and delicious.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear SAmini67,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us and I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!