“it's a good choice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
“it's a good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

its a really chic hotel... gud for business travellers n family holidays... the breakfast in bed was gr8... n a gr8 view of the twin towers.... the restaurants r wonderful as well !!! there is an indian restaurant...an italian and a really nice coffee shop.... the indian restaurant is defenitely not value for money.... but its a boon for travellers from india ....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear nuttyflyinhigh,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the Makan Kitchen & Tosca restaurants. I appreciate your comment about the Royal India restaurant on Level 2 retail podium, and whilst this is operated by a 3rd party. I trust you and your family also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Nice Room with a nice view .
good location having a near by underground station.
Very helpful staff, i didnt need a tourist guide they had a very good knowledge about all the site seeings.

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AysNoo,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the location and the room. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie.

We appreciate the support and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This was to take a short break from the daily routine and to chill with some friends. Good food available at the hotel and nearby. Service was good. Only thing the room didnt come with breakfast, but there was a small nook as you get off the lift on the 3rd floor that has a full breakfast for RM15... Value for RM.

Certainly will go back for another short break.

Room Tip: You can choose the type of pillow that you want form the Pillow Menu...real treat!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear pnair,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially pillow menu. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

As a gold Hilton got a ?upgraded room (higher floor). Was told could only have breakfast in the lounge as "new policy from hilton" - as others have reported, but when I looked at Makan and asked how much was told free for golds:oops: Didn't try this so don't know how it would have sorted out.
The food in the executive lounge was fair - as is common in lounges things that should be hot (temperature) were not (I'm not much of a fan of coldish rice with room temp curry). Selection was pretty good. Service not great - nice that one could order hot eggs BUT despite a written sheet to order (you check what you would like) the omelet was presented (uncooked in middle) without the side I had ordered and I had to chase someone down to correct this (eg plate was put down and server left so quickly I couldn't say anything). But all this is really pretty minor.

On the plus side I had an unusual problem with damage to my luggage and the staff was very helpful, esp. a manager Alex who even came in on his day off to sort it out!

The location is NOT convenient and regular meter taxis are almost impossible to obtain (it took the doorman 20 minutes to get one to agree to take me to Sentral using the meter), but I don't think this is the hotels fault. Their taxis cost 2-3x the cost of regular ones (albeit they are quite a bit larger). There is a small local shopping center a few minutes walk with some interesting shops and food (and a McD just opened there for those who are interested).

Reception is up a floor from street level and down a floor is a nice food court (but it closes very early). There are many restaurant choices in the hotel itself (albeit at much higher cost than the food court or local restaurants as is typical in hotels).

All in all a much nicer hotel than you would ever expect from US doubletree!

Room Tip: Noise from train can be troublesome if you are sensitive to noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Wimpdiver,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities and also nice to hear that the Alex Rizal, our Duty Manager and concierge team looked after you. Please accept my apologies for the miscommunication to you about the breakfast venues, and I appreciate your comments for foods quality served in Executive Lounge. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service for all guests and your feedback helps us with this.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We decided to stay here instead of our usual hotel stay at the Traders and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Guest Room with breakfast and extra bed and for the price we paid it was great value. The room was bigger than expected and it's very nice.. We think that's it's better and cleaner than Traders..Check in was fast and efficient and we got our room, the extra bed set up and extra toiletries within a few minutes after check in.. Breakfast was ok but they should replenish the food. We went for breakfast at 9:30am and most of the food were not replenished even when there were still guests coming in.

We like the location and view of the city from our room. It's opposite the ampang park LRT station and a stop away to KLCC and a few stops direct to KL Central.

For the good price that we can get we will definitely stay here again! But we hope that they have free wifi soon as it is a business hotel and most hotels are already providing this.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Family544,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially location, room design and bathroom amenities. I appreciate your comments about the foods replenishment for breakfast and the necessity to provide complimentary Wi-Fi service. We are working hard on these areas to improve our service standards for all guests and your feedback helps us with this.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed in a Guest Room for a night on weekend. Approximately 10 minutes walk from KLCC, the location was well placed with semi-occupied shopping centre right below the hotel. The check in process was slow as I had to wait for quite a while before being served.

Despite being under Hilton management, the service was below par as some of the staff were not well trained and unfriendly. A simple question was greeted with sulky face and rude reply. Moreover, for a 5 star hotel, I think it is ridiculous to charge hotel guests parking fee and internet charges.

The room was well furnished with modern contemporary touch. Working desk, LCD tv, and couch were to be found in the room. The bathroom was clean and nice with quality complimentary toiletries. Despite the lack of bathtub, the presence of rain shower made up to it. Internet was available (through LAN cable) with exorbitant charges applied.

Overall, if I were to put the bad service aside, the stay was pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Yoononn,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially location, room and bathroom designs. Please accept my apologies for the front desk hospitality service and I have noted your comments about the car park and Internet charges. We are working hard on these areas to improve our service standards for all guests and your feedback helps us with this.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a business trip in September 2011.

This is a beautiful hotel. The entrance is in a very spacious hall with escalators leading up to the reception area. While registration details are being completed, you are offered a nice warm cookie. This is really a very nice touch.

I stayed in room 3213. It is a very modern, contemporary and comfortable room. The management had clearly thought of a lot of things to include in the room to make any stay a memorable one. I was extremely comfortable.

I went for breakfast the next morning – and I was simply amazed by the large variety on offer. Now that’s what I call breakfast. The breakfasts were Indian, Malaysian, Japanese, English and American.

The Indian counter had dossas (a thin rice pancake), parathas, samosas (lamb and potato), vegetable and chicken pakoras, rice cakes, lentil soup, vegetable curry, and fish curry.

The Malaysian counter offered coconut flavoured rice, beef rending, chicken curry and prawn sambal (all extremely spicy indeed).

The Japanese counter offered miso soup, udon noodle stir fried with seafood; deep fried dumplings; sushi and sashimi; and ramen dishes (noodle soups).

The English counter offered full English breakfast which included fried eggs, sausages, baked beans, and grilled tomatoes.

The American counter offered porridge, grits, pancakes, hash browns, over easy fried eggs, sweet corn and frankfurters.

There was a very comprehensive salad and cold meats counter; a mouth watering array of pastries and croissants; a cereals counter; a toast counter with various types of breads; a waffles counter; a counter where chefs cooked eggs to your liking; a fruit section with many exotic fruits; and a fresh juice section serving apple, orange, guava, pineapple and grapefruit juices.

You need to starve yourself properly before you go for breakfast, as I feel sure that you if you tried a little bit of everything – you would have difficulty eating everything.

At certain times, the breakfast hall is extremely busy. If you are dining on your own, it would be wise to let a waiter know that you have not finished when you get up to get some more food – otherwise they will think that you have finished and clear your table for another guest within seconds.

There is quite a large outside pool – the perfect place to hang out after breakfast. There is also a well-equipped gym for the more health conscious guests.

The staff members are extremely friendly, polite and cheerful and they all try their hardest to ensure that your stay is enjoyable.

I would recommend this hotel to tourists as well as those on business.

MAZ MANNAN 4th December2011.

Room Tip: Establish a good rapport with the reception staff with small talk and then ask for a room with a goo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mazmannan,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially rooms, buffet spread in Makan Kitchen, swimming pool and fitness center. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found our property to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!