“I will not come back again” 3 of 5 stars

You added GTower Hotel to your Saves list
GTower Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur 50400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #39 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“I will not come back again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I saw the nice photos of this hotel and as it was good value, I booked it without further ado. It is barely 5 minutes walk to Ampark Park station which is really convenient for travelers. My friends who drove me to and from the hotel had some difficulties finding the place though. Maybe because Jalan Tun Razak is a very long road. The room is spacious and furniture is new and modern which is very nice. It was nice to have a tv in front of the toilet too. The shower area could be better because the water from the shower flowed out to the rest of the bathroom. The hotel is only on 3 floors in an office building so my window faces an office which is a minus point for me. The infinity pool is adequate for a few laps but it is in front of the reception and faces some construction. Its strange to have the pool in front of the reception. I wanted to hang around the pool, get a tan and read a book but the construction didn't make the swim an enjoyable experience. Because there were quite a lot of people in the pool on 11th floor, I went to the other pool on 7th floor but there were no deck loungers. I can't understand this. Because I usually don't stay in hotels, this was meant to be a treat for me. But I didn't receive a warm reception at all. The staff were not friendly at all. I asked for help about general information about an LRT but the staff was not informative and did not help me. So, in the end, I got the answer by scrutinizing at the LRT map myself. I had just come back from Bali where I stayed at a B&B. The staff were so friendly and helpful which was such a stark contrast. Besides this, I could hear the lifts opening and closing from my room. The construction was also noisy. It was strange to me that people without hotel access cards can go to the hotel floors. The doors at the lift lobby that opens to the hotel rooms were always open so I felt a lack of security. Overall, I did not manage to rest at all and I know it's not the hotel's fault there is construction. But as the service I received was very poor, I will not come back again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

After staying in small low budget hotels and hostels we decided to treat ourself to 2 nights at the g tower.
We were greeted by conceirge who were nice and friendly my partner had a Man United shirt on so he joked that they could team up against the other two!
We were showed up to reception where we paid and was shown to our room 1129 on floor 11. The room was our biggest yet, desk, chair, note pad, light, comfy seating, huge flat screen TV, Air Con, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, wifi a lovely bathroom where you can sit on the throne watching TV!
There were robes waiting for us and some slippers too.
Its about a 10 minute walk once you get the route right to the twin towers and shopping mall and about 15 to Bukit Bintang and the Hardrock cafe.
We used the gym and the infinity swimming pool which looks out over some lovely views and is a good size length.
We didnt use any of their breakfast or dinner facilities, we dont have long trousers or closed in shoes in our backpacks!

The only gripes we had are the ac went really cold and if we turned it off we were too hot.
Also the wifi wasnt strong and you had to keep signing in all of the time.

Over all we had a great stay here. The room and bathroom were really clean and our bed was comfy too.

We would definitely stay here again if in KL.

• Stayed December 2012
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is a good option if you driving into KL from the North-South Highway. It is centrally located, but you don't need to plunge deep into the city centre's clogged streets. When you emerge from the NS Highway, just go straight towards KLCC along Jalan Tun Razak. The hotel is located just before the Jalan Ampang junction. It couldn't be easier to find. Parking is free, in the basement of the building, which is actually an office tower with just three floors taken by the hotel. No shortage of amenities and dining options within walking distance.

CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My company has offices in this building, so I stayed here for a few days and found it to be very nice. The hotel takes up floors 11-13 of a 29 story building, G tower. It has an infinity pool and lounging deck, but not much else as common area. The rooms are well appointed with desks, lounging chairs, flat screens (also in the bathroom), an iPod dock stereo, all very nice.
There is a gym on the 7th floor that I believe as a guest you have access to, I used it anyhow, it also has a matching infinity pool and a decent weight room.
The restaurant is on the 28th floor, in fact there is a "club" that serves breakfast and lunch and has lounging areas, and there is also a dinner only restaurant that is more upscale, with nice views and a wonderful wygu beef. Breakfast was never great and the service in the club was not good. Dinner at the restaurant also had very slow service, even when nearly empty, though they were friendly.
On the 29th floor is the bridge bar that serves drinks in a couple different settings and is open air.
The buildings elevator system is very confusing, but if you aren't going to other floors, you'll be ok.
The check in and out we're rather slow.
To sum it up, the rooms were very nice and convenient for someone working or training in the building, and it is within walking distance of the Petronas towers and Buket Bintang, which I found to be the areas to see, though if you want to take a taxi, they are easy and cheap too.

Room Tip: Try to get on the side facing the Petronas towers for a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
norizan_yaacob, Director of Sales at GTower Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Scotty,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.
We will look into your feedback seriously and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to GTower Hotel.

Regards,
Norizan
dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The G tower hotel is a good bargain in Kuala Lumpur. At a fair walking distance from the Petronas tower, the room and amenities it offers are very acceptable. The bed was particularly comfy A bath tub would have been welcome. The room was spacious and well arranged. The gym is superb with high end equipment, The two pools aren't quite big but good enough for a few laps. The breakfast menu included in the price was acceptable and comprised various types of dishes from Western to South East Asian. All in one that's a good price alternative to a hotel like Traders, which isn't far away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Linus,

Greetings from GTower Hotel!

Thank you for the review of our hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Norizan
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A very stylish business hotel. It takes up 3 floors (11-14) of an office tower - interesting . . .

The rooms are modern and well designed with only one minus: What was the person who designed the shower thinking ?? You need to step in to the shower stall to start the flow so you get a cold shower while turning it on . . .

Wireless internet works very well, and was provided as part of the room package.

The infinity pool on level 11 is great, and the breakfast buffet on level 28 at "The Club" is well catered; although I was asked to pay additional for a cappuccino (and a very mediocre machine-made cappuccino at that).

Staff are very friendly, and a request for a later checkout was negotiated with little hassle.

Location is a bit away from the main commercial area with a 10 min walk to Petronas Towers and KLCC, and about a 15 min walk to Pavilion at Bukit Bintang. However a MYR10 taxi ride can fix all that up.

I'll certainly stay there next time in KL.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My colleagues and I stayed at this hotel because it was in the same building as our offices. Reception is on L11 in what looked like a mall/office tower. The breakfast was acceptable but nothing special. The room was acceptable but again nothing special. Other than convenience to our offices, I would not stay there again but it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to GTower Hotel? Share your experiences!