“Overpriced and disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cremorne, Australia
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place looked pretty good from the outside but appearances can be deceptive! Everything was overpriced and whilst the food was OK, it certainly left a lot to be desired. Considering the cost, you expect fresh food but when we asked for Nachos without meat we were told that would not be possible. We then asked if there were any vegetarian options and were told no. We ended up ordering chips and guacamole. The chips were soggy and flavourless and the guacamole was average. The staff were unhelpful and not particularly pleasant. I found it particularly off putting to see members of staff napping on the table just down from our own. It didn't exactly enhance the atmosphere. I wouldn't go back and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Extremely disappointed !!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Restaurant had nothing mexican about it !!!!! I mean seriously Sheesha in Latin america ......think about it. The service was bad as we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes before anyone could attend us. When we complained about it, the waitress told us that we should have clicked the service buzzer (A small remote device which has to be pressed to call attendant) which by the way was on the next table. The food was overvalued and the portions were too big for one person even with a serious appetite. I had a rib-eye steak and the sauce was cold. All in All not a good experience at all. I do not think I will be heading there anymore !!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Shocking place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went here today for lunch, It is in convenient location at the Pavilion shopping center but that's the only positive thing.
It was not busy and I got a table no problem, the waitress told me there were lunch specials and as I was on a time limit I ordered one which included a soft drink - 15 Ringitt so not expensive. I did not want coke but Diet coke so that's what I got - not included in lunch deal but no issue.

When the food arrived (15 mins) I got no service at all - no fork, spoon, condiments etc initially but when I did I found the food was icy cold in the middle not completely frozen but nearly - I returned it and asked told them I did not want it microwaved and just wanted my bill.

No word of apology and a bill for 11.6 Ringitt for diet coke - pathetic effort, disgusting food, bad staff & management and a rip off.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Nothing Mexican about the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This has to be the worst Mexican food I've ever had. The chicken fajitas looks like it's swimming in a curry-like sauce and taste nothing like Mexican food. As for the chips & salsa, the chips were a bit stale and the salsa was flat! Very expensive and certainly not value for money. The happy hour is a joke, only something like 30% off the second drink. I certainly would not recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Mexican on a budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a value for money luch. My daughter had a delightful freshly prepared burget which ate with gusto. I thouroughly enjoed the Mexica Canteena vegetable soup which was very gastronomically tasty.

A place I would recommend and I am considered a gourmet cook.

Visited January 2013