“Quite Decent & Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of My Hotel @ Sentral

You added My Hotel @ Sentral to your Saves list
My Hotel @ Sentral
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   No. 1 Jalan Tun Sambanthan 4 | Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur 50470, Malaysia   |
Ranked #30 of 267 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
“Quite Decent & Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews online, me and my wife decided to stay at this hotel being close to the Sentral station as primary reason. At 110 ringit per night (without breakfast), the hotel was quite good, room clean and service quick. Hotel lacks a built-in cafe/eating place. Room was quite small as well but good enough for a short budget stay. Can do better in providing toileteries which they currently do not. Location is hotels best point, only minutes away from Sentral station from where you can get to anyplace be it monorail/LRT/bus/taxi/airport
Train etc.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Caloocan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

As usual on my recent trip to KL, we stayed again at my hotel @ sentral. I booked a triple room and the daily rate is still the same as that of 2 years ago, booking is through email and no downpayment is required. As usual the room is clean but the towels have seen some good times and must be replaced.
The airconditioning needs better maintenance as it takes time to cool down the room. TV remote control is not working so I need to manually switch on and change channel on the LCD TV. Although, the TV has very limited channels provided byASTRO cable, I think it has 13 channels only.
The reason we always stay in this hotel is the convenience of the public transport. The KL Sentral is the bus terminal for trabsport to and from LCCT. The KTM, and the LRT are also within the KL Sentral station. while the monorail station is just 5 minutes walk away.
On our checkout day, we left the hotel as early as 3 am and we were glad to see that the bus going to the LCCT airport are just across the street and we need not drag our luggages all the way to KL Sentral.
The Indian grocery stores across the street sells very cheap water at RM1 for 1 liter bottel. The 7 11 store does not have any stocks left anymore, so I think it is eventually closing down.
The money changer inside the KL sentral provides competitive rates but if you want better exchange rates, try the money changers at Bukit Bintang.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was able to stay here twice for short visit with my family and friends. This hotel is strategically located, within walking distance to all kinds of transportation e.i., from taxi, bus and mrt. From the name itself, Sentral, it's in the centre and very near the Stessen Sentral. The food service included in our room never failed to delight my palate. The room price is reasonable and recommendable to all TA members.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my third stay in the last few months and again I was pleased with the standard of check-in and with the room and with the hotel's location. The coffee shop right next door is an added bonus. However, the area does seem to be becoming sleazier and sleazier and there are a few "ladies of the night" around even before night (truth to tell I am not sure that all of them are "ladies"!). None of this bothers me but the area may not be suitable for families with children.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have little or no traffic noise but they overlook the front of the hotel wher...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great value - arrived at LCCT Sentral escalators weren't working so we had to carry bays up stairs, were planning on walking to hotel as knew it was close but ended up taking cab who was old and extremely rude cause we didn't know which direction. Arriving at hotel in less then happy mood, we were quickly turned around by the service at hotel which was friendly and the room was small but clean - more than I expected for the cheap price. In morning the hotel told us to walk and showed us the way. It was literally straight across the road and around a bend even better didn't have to carry bags up stairs as the path leads straight into the bus station. Will stay again for stop over. We couldn't get accomodation near airport and closest was about $200 this saved us alot of money and was just as good as other alternatives.

Room Tip: Very short walk from LCCT Sentral - do not go upstairs follow on bus level outside and around bend h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is its location. Its a stone's throw from the lcct-Sentral bus stops. Room was very very decent. The only problem that we faced was that the AC in our room was just not upto the mark! After a long discussion with the staff, they finally suggested a pedestal fan as the hour was already very late for any maintenance person to come and check. The pedestal fan was more than enough for us! Had a good night's sleep!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The airport shuttle bus that we took from the LCCT found it difficult to locate the hotel. The driver took us to a different branch at (there are 8 My Hotels in the city) but found the right My Hotel after asking a bus driver. The hotel is located a few steps away from the KL Sentral station. We booked a quad room, a triple room and two double rooms via email. The reservations staff asked for our credit card details to guarantee booking. When we asked to change the quad room to triple room upon arrival, the guy at the counter was kind enough to accommodate our request but only for the second day. He said that the booking for the first day can no longer be changed (we arrived around 1:00 am instead of our prior advise to the hotel that we would be arriving at 11:00 pm or two hours earlier).

The double room that I got for me and my husband was clean, with a large glass window. We had two bottles of water and a two sets of coffee mix in the room, which the staff replenished the next day. We bought a few supplies (drinks and some junk food) at a nearby 7-11. Our room had a personal ref (but the triple room assigned to our friends had none) where we kept the drinks cold. The bathroom has a working hot/cold shower. I appreciate the bidet, which is not provided for by many hotels. The aircon was working, and the flat TV mounted on the hotel offered different channels. Wifi is free, and the signal is strong at the third floor were we stayed. The Old Town White Coffee right beside the hotel has good food (and coffee).

My only complaint is that the shower area is not separated from the toilet area so that the entire bathroom/toilet floor got wet when I took the shower. Also, there is no trash bin inside the bathroom/toilet and I had to move the trash bin from the dresser to the bathroom so I wouldn't have to hand carry the used toilet paper outside.

If you are from the Philippines like us, be sure to bring an adaptor for your gadgets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to My Hotel @ Sentral? Share your experiences!