“another good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 258 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Eastbourne
“another good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my third stay in the last few months and again I was pleased with the standard of check-in and with the room and with the hotel's location. The coffee shop right next door is an added bonus. However, the area does seem to be becoming sleazier and sleazier and there are a few "ladies of the night" around even before night (truth to tell I am not sure that all of them are "ladies"!). None of this bothers me but the area may not be suitable for families with children.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have little or no traffic noise but they overlook the front of the hotel wher...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great value - arrived at LCCT Sentral escalators weren't working so we had to carry bays up stairs, were planning on walking to hotel as knew it was close but ended up taking cab who was old and extremely rude cause we didn't know which direction. Arriving at hotel in less then happy mood, we were quickly turned around by the service at hotel which was friendly and the room was small but clean - more than I expected for the cheap price. In morning the hotel told us to walk and showed us the way. It was literally straight across the road and around a bend even better didn't have to carry bags up stairs as the path leads straight into the bus station. Will stay again for stop over. We couldn't get accomodation near airport and closest was about $200 this saved us alot of money and was just as good as other alternatives.

Room Tip: Very short walk from LCCT Sentral - do not go upstairs follow on bus level outside and around bend h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is its location. Its a stone's throw from the lcct-Sentral bus stops. Room was very very decent. The only problem that we faced was that the AC in our room was just not upto the mark! After a long discussion with the staff, they finally suggested a pedestal fan as the hour was already very late for any maintenance person to come and check. The pedestal fan was more than enough for us! Had a good night's sleep!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The airport shuttle bus that we took from the LCCT found it difficult to locate the hotel. The driver took us to a different branch at (there are 8 My Hotels in the city) but found the right My Hotel after asking a bus driver. The hotel is located a few steps away from the KL Sentral station. We booked a quad room, a triple room and two double rooms via email. The reservations staff asked for our credit card details to guarantee booking. When we asked to change the quad room to triple room upon arrival, the guy at the counter was kind enough to accommodate our request but only for the second day. He said that the booking for the first day can no longer be changed (we arrived around 1:00 am instead of our prior advise to the hotel that we would be arriving at 11:00 pm or two hours earlier).

The double room that I got for me and my husband was clean, with a large glass window. We had two bottles of water and a two sets of coffee mix in the room, which the staff replenished the next day. We bought a few supplies (drinks and some junk food) at a nearby 7-11. Our room had a personal ref (but the triple room assigned to our friends had none) where we kept the drinks cold. The bathroom has a working hot/cold shower. I appreciate the bidet, which is not provided for by many hotels. The aircon was working, and the flat TV mounted on the hotel offered different channels. Wifi is free, and the signal is strong at the third floor were we stayed. The Old Town White Coffee right beside the hotel has good food (and coffee).

My only complaint is that the shower area is not separated from the toilet area so that the entire bathroom/toilet floor got wet when I took the shower. Also, there is no trash bin inside the bathroom/toilet and I had to move the trash bin from the dresser to the bathroom so I wouldn't have to hand carry the used toilet paper outside.

If you are from the Philippines like us, be sure to bring an adaptor for your gadgets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Well, this is a budget hotel to start with. Coming from Manila it has a neighborly feel about it. The location is the most convenient thing about this hotel. 5 minutes away from KL sentral and you are there. There is a small walkway from KL sentral that will lead you there. There is an ongoing construction, so just be careful. Relatively it is safe for my family. I booked two rooms for my family, room is clean with daily bottled water. The staff are friendly and very much willing to help you and answer your questions. Also, it is beside old white coffee which is very convenient if you have the urge to eat or drink coffee and watch people passing by. At night their is a Raimly style burger stand which my kids love!
Very near Monorail if you want to go to BB. Overall, if you are not picky and just a needed a place to sleep in, my family can recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My hotel is situated 2 minutes away from KL Sentral station which makes your travel to anywhere in kualalumpur or airport very easy.

The room is very small. They donot have a restaurant but there is an old town white coffee just outside the hotel which is open round the clock.

The staff is friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hotel offers great value for your moneys. It is very close to the public transportation hub KL Sentral. Very convenient location to travel around city. 5min walk to airport coach (10RM one way). Request room with the city view, but take earplugs with you because those rooms have some traffic noise (I had room in 3th floor). Room had huge bathroom. Next door is nice restaurant. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have some traffic noise, but offer nice city view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to My Hotel @ Sentral? Share your experiences!